First Transatlantic cruise April 20th.Any tips?

I'll be on The Adventure of The Seas next month sailing from Miami to Southampton. It'll be my first time doing a transatlantic cruise and also my first time sailing with Royal Caribbean. In the past I've sailed with Ncl, Carnival, Princess and Holland America and I've always had a blast. I'm wondering how does Royal Caribbean compare?

I'm 40 something and will be sailing solo (which I always do). I'm looking for any tips about the ship, things not to miss out on etc. I'm not much into fancy dining on ships, what I am into on cruises though is the entertainment. I love shows, comedians, karaoke, live music etc. Am I in for a treat on Adventure of the Seas?

What sort of things should I definitely pack for a transatlantic cruise and what sort of things should I not bother with, I'm guessing shorts won't be needed too much! Are jeans acceptable?

Can anyone recommend any good excursions (ships excursions) for St. Maarten and and also for the Azores? I'm into sightseeing.

On our TA sailing, there was a progressive trivia game that met the same time every sea day. It was a great way to catch up with our friends on our team every day. It's nice to have one set-in-stone activity every day on that long string of sea days.

Bring a variety of clothes for beautiful, warm, cool, and rainy to cold weather.

Plenty of money, probably lots of close out items for sale, especially clothes, well most are for women LOL. Expect that if rainy outside does not mean that RC will adjust to more inside activities, last year they did not.

Just set back and relax, TA can be a very stressless type of cruise.

Heck yes Jeans, well most jeans(you might get different views here) are acceptable please no bib overhauls. You might want to pack a sports coat, not necessary but makes jean look better in the MDR on special nights.

I'll be on The Adventure of The Seas next month sailing from Miami to Southampton. It'll be my first time doing a transatlantic cruise and also my first time sailing with Royal Caribbean. In the past I've sailed with Ncl, Carnival, Princess and Holland America and I've always had a blast. I'm wondering how does Royal Caribbean compare?

I'm 40 something and will be sailing solo (which I always do). I'm looking for any tips about the ship, things not to miss out on etc. I'm not much into fancy dining on ships, what I am into on cruises though is the entertainment. I love shows, comedians, karaoke, live music etc. Am I in for a treat on Adventure of the Seas?

What sort of things should I definitely pack for a transatlantic cruise and what sort of things should I not bother with, I'm guessing shorts won't be needed too much! Are jeans acceptable?

Can anyone recommend any good excursions (ships excursions) for St. Maarten and and also for the Azores? I'm into sightseeing.

Come over and join the chat on our roll call http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41880874#post41880874 there are many on there who have sailed Adventure numerous times and can provide a great insight on what she offers. Edited by peteukmcr

On our TA sailing, there was a progressive trivia game that met the same time every sea day. It was a great way to catch up with our friends on our team every day. It's nice to have one set-in-stone activity every day on that long string of sea days.
That was a great way to catch up each day, and we didn't do too badly did we?

On sea days we enjoyed eating in the MDR more - breakfast and lunch were excellent - why serve yourself in the Windjammer, look for a table, etc. We found the MDR to be much more leisurely and there were buffet items along with a full menu.

Also check the passenger board at Guest Services - you may find someone has posted a note looking for a group to meet to play cards, just visit, knit, craft, board games, book lovers, etc. Can be a nice way to meet people and again spend sea days.

Also found TA cruises to have a lot of experienced cruisers - surprised at the number of European "snow birds" who travel home by cruising (no bags to worry about, etc.) Found the dress suggestions were pretty much adhered to especially on an evening.