Cagney's for breakfast and lunch - any menus?

Hikini

Just curious if any recent cruisers have a menu from Cagney's, which is a suite perk for breakfast and lunch on most of the ships.

I knew they had made some changes since our last cruise but haven't actually seen a 'new' menu.

Just curious if any recent cruisers have a menu from Cagney's, which is a suite perk for breakfast and lunch on most of the ships.

I knew they had made some changes since our last cruise but haven't actually seen a 'new' menu.

Speaking of suite perks .... since this is our first time on NCL, although we've cruised other lines, I was wondering about mini suites. Are they considered 'suites' when talking about perks like boarding, etc. Or is is just the Haven suites, etc.? We've always had a JS on other lines and although some of the 'major' perks didn't apply, some did. Thanx!

Speaking of suite perks .... since this is our first time on NCL, although we've cruised other lines, I was wondering about mini suites. Are they considered 'suites' when talking about perks like boarding, etc. Or is is just the Haven suites, etc.? We've always had a JS on other lines and although some of the 'major' perks didn't apply, some did. Thanx!

Unfortunately no perks for mini suite guests.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Thanx, I was getting that impression from reading the boards. I know on RCCI HAL and Carnival, so many say the perks for a JS aren't worth it, but we like the extra room and it's also nice to board quickly...plus we always shop the sales! :) Other than that, there isn't much there either, but we enjoy that. Always different on different lines and we're looking forward to experiencing a new line regardless! Appreciate the response! :)

We only ate in Cagneys for breakfast twice during ours but had the breakfast delivered to the cabin the other days. That worked out great due to having a teenaged girl that had to have hair and make up perfect before leaving the room, so we missed breakfast one day!

I asked the butler if they had omelets for room service breakfast and he told me that if it wasn't listed on the room service card then just write in what I wanted. So we wrote in omelets and what we wanted in them and he delivered them.

We just sailed on the Jewel and breakfast was the same as 2011 on the Jade. My favorite, Fruits de Mer en Brioche with poached egg and Mornay sauce was still there. :)

Other days we just had a custom omelet ordered the night before from our Butler. Egg whites with spinach and tomatoes was no problem at all.

Lunch menu highlights in Cagney's for us were the green salad with hearts of Palm and tropical dressing, swordfish sandwich, fettuccine with porcini mushrooms, risotto with scallops, and flounder Milanese. At lunch we often perused the "depleted inventory sheet" of bottles no longer on the wine list due to small quantities. (You have to ask.) These bottles, often high end wines, are offered for 30% off their former list price.

We just sailed on the Jewel and breakfast was the same as 2011 on the Jade. My favorite, Fruits de Mer en Brioche with poached egg and Mornay sauce was still there. :)

Other days we just had a custom omelet ordered the night before from our Butler. Egg whites with spinach and tomatoes was no problem at all.

Lunch menu highlights in Cagney's for us were the green salad with hearts of Palm and tropical dressing, swordfish sandwich, fettuccine with porcini mushrooms, risotto with scallops, and flounder Milanese. At lunch we often perused the "depleted inventory sheet" of bottles no longer on the wine list due to small quantities. (You have to ask.) These bottles, often high end wines, are offered for 30% off their former list price.

Loved loved loved that salad. Had it many times!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Coyboy - the Fruits de Mer en Brioche in Cagney's is one of my all time breakfast favorites anywhere!

I liked the addition of the swordfish sandwich when they changed the menus in 2011 (I believe it was) but I really miss the crab cakes that used to be on the lunch menu.

Hi, Hikini! I see we're both on the Jewel to Alaska this year but I'm going earlier than last year. We seem to have better luck when we go the first week or of June.

Someone posted a lunch menu for the Jewel from their mid-December cruise but it appears to be the same as ours from September 2013.

The only differences I saw were "Sesame Crusted Swordfish Burger" vs "Sesame Crusted Ahi Burger" and they took off the "Warm Apple Crisp".

If there are any changes on our May 31st cruise, I'll be sure to let you know!

Edited by brunolvr

Hi, Hikini! I see we're both on the Jewel to Alaska this year but I'm going earlier than last year. We seem to have better luck when we go the first week or of June.

Someone posted a lunch menu for the Jewel from their mid-December cruise but it appears to be the same as ours from September 2013.

The only differences I saw were "Sesame Crusted Swordfish Burger" vs "Sesame Crusted Ahi Burger" and they took off the "Warm Apple Crisp".

If there are any changes on our May 31st cruise, I'll be sure to let you know!

Ha! We seem to mimic each others cruising habits quite regularly! We are going a little earlier in September this year, and have had good weather during that part of the month, as a rule. Last year (as you well know since we were on the same cruise) was the worst weather we've ever had on this cruise. But it didn't take away from our fun!

Thanks for the Cagney's menu. It looks the same. I love the Swordfish burger, and now my mouth is watering!

One thing I tried at Cagney's lunch that I'd like to try again was the turkey burger -- it was Thai flavored with grilled pineapple and a tasty pepper relish. I have never in my life bothered with a turkey burger but the flavors sounded so good I took the chance and really enjoyed it.

The fettucine, on the other hand, was just glop. On the way back to the room I stopped at the buffet and got something to eat ;)

(I know I could have asked for something else, but it wasn't the waiter's fault, and I didn't want to prolong the meal for everybody else.)

Edited by DaisyGoldberg

At lunch we often perused the "depleted inventory sheet" of bottles no longer on the wine list due to small quantities. (You have to ask.) These bottles, often high end wines, are offered for 30% off their former list price.

Thanks for this tip!!

One of my favorite Cagney's lunch items is the Chicken - it was so juicy & flavorful! I'm already trying to decide what to order my first day!

Brunolvr...please let me know if there are any changes to the Menu.

Hikini and Brunolvr we keep taking the same Ship. I waved good bye to you on Sept 15 after I got off my Pearl Alaska Cruise in Seattle at Pier 66. I still have the Picture Brunolvr sent me of me waving goodbye. I will be on the Jewel out of Houston in Oct.

Brunolvr...please let me know if there are any changes to the Menu.

Hikini and Brunolvr we keep taking the same Ship. I waved good bye to you on Sept 15 after I got off my Pearl Alaska Cruise in Seattle at Pier 66. I still have the Picture Brunolvr sent me of me waving goodbye. I will be on the Jewel out of Houston in Oct.

Hi, Redheel Girl! I will be most happy to let you know of any changes to our menus on the Jewel. I can't wait to see how the Jewel compares to the Pearl. We will be enjoying our cruise to Alaska in the Haven once again!

Thanks for this tip!!

One of my favorite Cagney's lunch items is the Chicken - it was so juicy & flavorful! I'm already trying to decide what to order my first day!

The chicken is my favorite too. Last time I ordered it every day for lunch. This time we only ate in Cagney's twice for lunch and the polenta was more like a yellow sauce under the chicken... it was not at all like it should be or has been in the past....

The chicken is my favorite too. Last time I ordered it every day for lunch. This time we only ate in Cagney's twice for lunch and the polenta was more like a yellow sauce under the chicken... it was not at all like it should be or has been in the past....

Well that is disappointing....gives me something to think about in my first lunch order. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I was on the Gem two years in a row, staying in the Haven. Lunch at Cagney's was nice but there were two things I sent back....the sesame crusted swordfish burger was incredibly salty and the french dip was not good at all. Too sweet. The burgers were very good. Strangely enough, on the Jewel, the swordfish burger was wonderful.

We always started our lunch with Double Shrimp Cocktail. Then hearts of Palm Salad. Burger was always great with truffle fries. Fresh banana cream pie. Ask if it is fresh before ordering, same day then it is really good.:D