Navigator Suite

We have upgraded from an A Suite to a Navigator suite for a 1 April departure. I would appreciate any comments from folks who have stayed in a Navigator Suite and did we do the right thing?

Only been on Navigator once but, we too upgraded from a Penthouse to a Navigator Suite and loved it. Major reason is that on Navigator, Penthouse is identical in size and shape to all of the Suites below them. Only difference is location and butler. The Nav. Suite was wonderful with separate bedroom with its' own TV. Bedroom is a mite small with the King bed but, no problem as you will have a living area as well as a separate dining room table for any room service. Loved having the butler bring meals and having a real dining room table to sit at.

Also, while the balcony is a bit small, there are doors to it from the bedroom as well as dining room. You will be extremely happy with the upsell.

Check the location of the suite. Most of the Navigator suites are on deck 9 under the pool deck, so you might get some noise as a result. There is one Navigator suite on the 11th (#1125) that is well located.

You're right...... we have been in 1125... it's great! Still, I would not turn down a Navigator suite -- even on deck 9 as they are nice suites.

We had a Navigator suite several years ago. I don't think I would pay the extra money versus reserving the "normal" PH suite and here is why:

The balcony is very small. Smaller than the PH one. The bathroom is not "en suite" with the bedroom but across the living room, which can be more than inconvenient if you have someone for a drink and you are still dressing when they arrive! The bedroom is tiny. Neither Ken nor I are large people but we had a hard time just getting between the bed and the wall... And finally the way the furniture is laid out, the sitting area is furthest away from the picture window (balcony is off the bedroom with only a door to it from the sitting room...) and the dining table is next to the window. That really doesn't make sense to me.

We had a Navigator suite several years ago. I don't think I would pay the extra money versus reserving the "normal" PH suite and here is why:

The balcony is very small. Smaller than the PH one. The bathroom is not "en suite" with the bedroom but across the living room, which can be more than inconvenient if you have someone for a drink and you are still dressing when they arrive! The bedroom is tiny. Neither Ken nor I are large people but we had a hard time just getting between the bed and the wall... And finally the way the furniture is laid out, the sitting area is furthest away from the picture window (balcony is off the bedroom with only a door to it from the sitting room...) and the dining table is next to the window. That really doesn't make sense to me.

From your description, no way can these suites be worth the extra cost and we do look for space. Thanks for the warning.

The suites are approximately 150 sq. ft. larger than the penthouse suites. Here is a link to the layout -- you can decide for yourself. In my opinion, the extra 1/2 bath is worth the extra money.

http://www.rssc.com/ships/seven_seas_navigator/suites/default.aspx#Content

For comparison, here is a penthouse B http://www.rssc.com/ships/seven_seas_navigator/suites/default.aspx#Content

Note: Be sure to click on the "Room Layout" tab!

Edited by Travelcat2

I don't see an extra half bath in that layout. And can you only get to the closet and bathroom from right by the front door?

Don't get me wrong. I love every tiny space on Navigator, but that arrangement just looks odd.

I don't see an extra half bath in that layout. And can you only get to the closet and bathroom from right by the front door?

Don't get me wrong. I love every tiny space on Navigator, but that arrangement just looks odd.

Oops, you are right.... I was thinking of the Mariner suites and Voyager suites. Guess its been too long since I've been on the Navigator. BTW, 1125 is a completely different configuration than the other Navigator suites. It has a small bedroom - completely separate from the rest of the space.

From your description, no way can these suites be worth the extra cost and we do look for space. Thanks for the warning.

Agree not better paying full price but, as an upsell a real bargain. Remember, ALL of the suites below the Nav Suite are identical size including the window suites. Difference in size for those is the missing Veranda.

And, inside they are more than 150 sq ft bigger as the balcony is smaller than the other veranda/penthouse suites. Yes, there are some things in the suite that could be better but, we really enjoyed the suite and recommend it highly.

By the way, the layout with the separate bedroom is identical in all of the Nav. Suites. The bath and closet at the entrance to the room is strange but, we got used to it quickly. Only issue is not being ready when guests arrive and with a little planning that can be avoided.

We would do the Nav. Suite again as an upsell without question. Adding that we NEVER heard a noise from above, either La veranda or the pool. It was quiet as can be. No noise or vibration issues.

Edited by rallydave

By the way, the layout with the separate bedroom is identical in all of the Nav. Suites. .

1125 is not the same configuration as the rest of the Navigator suites -- not even on the same deck. 1125 was the beauty salon and was converted into a Navigator suite around 3 years ago. Here is the location of 1125 http://www.rssc.com/ships/explorer.aspx?Ship=NAV Click on deck 11 to see the location.

Edited by Travelcat2

OK, it may be a different configuration however, our suite had a separate bedroom with a door just like 1125 and pretty sure they all have a separate enclosed bedroom and your earlier post seems to imply that the others don't have a separate bedroom which is untrue.