On Hold Forever! Is it just me?

kpee

Within the last week, I have had a couple questions. 2 calls to customer service have equalled over 3 hours on hold. I have called once around noon and again around 10pm EST. Is there a better time to call? This is ridiculous!

Within the last week, I have had a couple questions. 2 calls to customer service have equalled over 3 hours on hold. I have called once around noon and again around 10pm EST. Is there a better time to call? This is ridiculous!

I suspect the "Kids Sail Free" promo is generating a huge call voume.

I totally understand the new programs/deals and that amounting in more call traffic, but plan ahead - hire and train more customer service reps. It's now over 2 hours and I'm still on hold.

We love RC and will remain loyal, but this is just crazy.

I've been on hold tonight for 2 hours and I really need to get to bed, but I hate to hang up now! The reason for my call - I logged into My Cruises tonight on the RC site and somehow my invoice went up by $2K. I no longer have the kids sail free discount. I do have the e-mailed confirmation, though, showing the lower price and the kids being free. Hoping when I finally get through, that person is able to help me quickly.

Right there with you ClevelandRocks! So tired. Missed most of the night with my kids sitting here on the phone. Ready to fall asleep, but don't want to have waisted the last 2+ hours. Good luck with getting your issue resolved!

Right there with you ClevelandRocks! So tired. Missed most of the night with my kids sitting here on the phone. Ready to fall asleep, but don't want to have waisted the last 2+ hours. Good luck with getting your issue resolved!

Yes, good luck to you, too. I'm so immune to the on hold messages, I'm afraid I'm going to miss it when someone finally picks up. If it takes much longer, I may not even remember why I was calling. :)

Updated 12:18 AM. I finally got someone on the line about 5 mins. ago. Lovely woman named Lorna. She is now finding the resolution manager (not sure if that is her correct title). I'm on hold waiting for her to come back on the line now. Lorna apologized several times for the long wait on hold.

Edited by ClevelandRocks!

OK, just got off the call with Lorna. She said it's a problem with My Cruises on the RC site and somehow when I logged in tonight, it changed the price of my cruise. I didn't click on anything to do that, so not sure what happened. The Resolutionist has contacted their IT Dept. and she assured me they will get this fixed and the price back to the original quote. She said to give it a week and I should then log into My Cruises again and verify the price is correct.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one... I was on hold for 1hr 3 mins earlier tonight. I thought maybe trying later would be a good idea, I'm not sure if I should give up tonight or hold for more time... Decisions, decisions....:p

49 minutes on hold for second call. Rep said it is because the kids sale free promotion...she also said that the inventory is running low so if you can hold off for a couple of days or call very late at night the hold times should be getting shorter. Her other tip was to call on Sunday mornings...hope this helps!:)

I waited an hour and a half last night to talk to someone, but it completely, amazingly paid off for me. We had an interior room and an aft balcony for our European cruise this summer. With the promotion, I was able to get the interior upgraded to a BALCONY (an aft too, right next to our other one!!) AND I saved almost three THOUSAND dollars!! I felt like I hit lotto last night. :). For once, the wait was worth it!

I've been on hold tonight for 2 hours and I really need to get to bed, but I hate to hang up now! The reason for my call - I logged into My Cruises tonight on the RC site and somehow my invoice went up by $2K. I no longer have the kids sail free discount. I do have the e-mailed confirmation, though, showing the lower price and the kids being free. Hoping when I finally get through, that person is able to help me quickly.

I have a cruise on hold until this evening.

Had an email this morning and said balance was way more than what I held.

Logged into my cruises and the only place I could see it correct was on payments page. I have to call them again later to make payment as it wants full deposit online and and they confirmed it should only be half deposit per person.

One interesting point they did mention was deposits need to be paid for 3/4 passengers even though they are free.

For quicker service call the c+a number. They deal with reservations there and are a lot quicker to get through to. I rang twice yesterday and got through within 2 mins each call.

I suspect a lot of the busy hold time on the phone is due to the roll-out of the new 2015 cruise schedules. Mix that up with some of the promotions they are running equals a LOT of people calling to book their cruises. Each of those people get 'hand-holding' service to ensure that everything is correct for their cruise. During these busy times, I call first thing in the morning and have a relatively short (or none) waiting time.

I'm on hold now and have been for 45 minutes. I have the same problem, I need to pay my balance and the website price is $1,380.00 more than my confirmation. I'm getting disgusted with them lately. I hope this is just a fluke.

I just posted this on another thread. We had an over 4 hour wait time to take advantage of price drops. And this was before the "kids free" promotion and the 2015 itinerary releases. Unacceptable. We've never had this much trouble, and we've been sailing with RC for years.

I went through crown and anchor yesterday. Waited 30 min and was on the phone for 35 min. But they gave me the kids free discount as well as help with a few other things. I was lucky, I got a rep that was willing to go the extra mile.

I imagine that the calls are many and long. Hang in there.

I finally got thru after an hour and the resolution department finally helped correct my invoice amount and I got my problem fixed. They apologized over and over about the hold times and suggested that it would be better in a week or so. Hopefully I won't have to call at all :D

I finally got thru after an hour and the resolution department finally helped correct my invoice amount and I got my problem fixed. They apologized over and over about the hold times and suggested that it would be better in a week or so. Hopefully I won't have to call at all :D

Glad to hear that has been corrected for you. I'm hopeful my account balance gets corrected soon. Janet

I waited an hour and a half last night to talk to someone, but it completely, amazingly paid off for me. We had an interior room and an aft balcony for our European cruise this summer. With the promotion, I was able to get the interior upgraded to a BALCONY (an aft too, right next to our other one!!) AND I saved almost three THOUSAND dollars!! I felt like I hit lotto last night. :). For once, the wait was worth it!

Congrats on the great fare drop score! You just paid for your airfare.

I called to make two separate bookings last week (the Anthem on Wed the 26th and the Explorer on Friday night the 28th). Both times I called the C & A number and was on hold no more than 2 or 3 minutes. I would definately try the C&A line instead of the regular 800 customer service lines. I have not tried to call this week will call later this week as I have to shuffle a couple of cabins on our June Explorer cruise.

This is the first time that I recall that RCL has run a kids free promotion and I am sure it is causing the problems with their reservation system and the data feeds to My Cruises on the retail website.

Call the crown and anchor number. There are two numbers listed on the C&A page. I didn't wait at all the both times I called yesterday. Also, they were very pleasant on the phone.

Sadie - maybe a dumb question, but can I call the C&A number if I'm not yet a member? Thank you. Janet