Tuxedo Rental

I have. I didnt order til once I boarded the ship though so the fit was perfect because I was measured on spot.

The pants had an issue where a seam was coming lose in the seat of the pants but she brought another pair almost immediately after calling her.

They are pretty good quality tuxedos. Perry Ellis I think.

My husband did for Mediterranean cruise (see tiny pic in my avatar). We did not want to have to pack that much so we rented the tux. It was $99 and I think he got 2 shirts, a tie and bow tie, vest, cuff links. They measured him there.

I own my own tux, but I have rented on at least two cruises recently, simply so I did not have to take the tux on a plane. I did the rental online and the tux fit perfectly. In case there is an issue, they have a tailor onboard that will make quick repairs or alterations if needed.

Eric

I rented a tux years ago on the Vision and it was a disaster. I needed one for Captain's table dinner (!) and it took all day for this to happen. When we returned home, I bought one the next day. :)

Joe<-----Learned my lesson.

I own my own tux, but managed pack everything EXCEPT the tux pants. (They fell off the hangar between the closet and the garment bag and were comfortably waiting on my closet floor when I got home...)

I called the tailor shop upon discovering this at 5pm on the first formal night and was quickly measured and fitted for a pair of pants. The tailor came up and measured, then returned about 15 minutes later with the pants. Made it to dinner without a problem. Pants were of good quality, typical for a rental tux.

Henceforth forevermore, I'll always check about 3 times to make sure the pants stay with the coat...

I have. I didnt order til once I boarded the ship though so the fit was perfect because I was measured on spot.

The pants had an issue where a seam was coming lose in the seat of the pants but she brought another pair almost immediately after calling her.

They are pretty good quality tuxedos. Perry Ellis I think.

+1 on my experience, as well.

Buy vs rent? The whole reason I rented was that it was stuff I didn't need to pack.

Heck, it's not too hard to put together a really sharp black suit from Salvation Army and look really good. But I still have to pack it. I'm ok with renting.

We're big fans of renting too. We get the combination package and normally order online in advance that provides black tie, cummerbund, studs and cufflinks, coloured vest and matching tie. Ordering online means that they are hanging in the closet when you board.

The combination packahe means you can ring the changes, especially on 14 night sailings where there are 3 formal nights.

Means we don't have to pack all that stuff with airline weight restrictions and we get 15% C&A discount too.

Always been happy with them and if there has been any issues, they are rectified on board.