Celebrity drinks deals

CRAFTY CUSTOMER

Hi,

I have booked my first cruise with Celebrity and have the Classic drinks deal included. This has a spend limit of $8.00 and I wonder if this is sufficient, (e.g. does it cover a gin & tonic)? Is it worth upgrading to the Premier deal?.

This is my first foray into an internet forum and look forward to a helpful response.

Hi,

I have booked my first cruise with Celebrity and have the Classic drinks deal included. This has a spend limit of $8.00 and I wonder if this is sufficient, (e.g. does it cover a gin & tonic)? Is it worth upgrading to the Premier deal?.

This is my first foray into an internet forum and look forward to a helpful response.

Greetings

Yes, it covers all the basic drinks. If you want a top-shelf gin, you might want to upgrade, but that is a personal choice. If a basic gin and tonic is your drink, you're covered.

Good Sailing

Tom

Hi,

Yes we found the Classic to be very sufficient - very good wines available within the $8.00 limit - nice to have fresh squeezed orange juice in the mornings and all the water, canned sodas etc during the day. Just check with the bartenders before ordering they will guide you in the right direction.

Agree. We travelled with another couple last year, and one half of each couple paid to upgrade the package to premium. We all agreed it was an unnecessary expense. (We paid for the package - no 123go promo at the time).

Same group cruising together in Dec 2014. We selected the cruise in part because of the savings from the 123go promo. None of us will be upgrading.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Hi,

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Celebrity. You will be fine, there are many other things of non-mind altering nature covered by the package too.

We are taking our first Celebrity cruise in April and have the classic package. Will it cover martinis using basic gin?

Thanks

The classic package doesn't cover the Martinis at the martini bar... That said I have read that on some ships they will do small Martinis for the lower charge...

In my honest opinion for $11.50 a day extra you get access to all the drinks in all the bars (except champers) so if your going to have 1 martini or top shelf liquor drink its worth the upgrade...

Plus the hassle free benefit of not having to sign every receipt or keep check on your account makes it worth the upgrade...

Your on holiday upgrade and enjoy the drinks on board!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In my opinion from past experience of these packages, if you enjoy cocktails and Martinis definitely upgrade to Premium. We enjoy one or two drinks at the Molecular Bar each night. They are priced at around $12-13 and so are not covered in the Classic. Its wouldn't be so bad if you could just pay the difference, but you can't

We are taking our first Celebrity cruise in April and have the classic package. Will it cover martinis using basic gin?

Thanks

a regular martini is something like $6 UNLESS - you are at the martini bar or molecular bar.

order one in the theater, or passport bar etc. and you will be fine.

You will not get any of the molecular bar creations, nor the large martinis at the martini bar.

Worth the Upgrade. I'm a Gin drinker too and unless your ok drinking basic gin and having common beers then stay with the basic package. I upgrade for the benefits of being able to drink tanqueray or hendriks as well as a nice gin or vodka (stoli or grey goose) martini. It will also cover a lot of the better wines at dinner. So for an extra 11.50 a day...well worth it to me.

The classic package doesn't cover the Martinis at the martini bar... That said I have read that on some ships they will do small Martinis for the lower charge...

In my honest opinion for $11.50 a day extra you get access to all the drinks in all the bars (except champers) so if your going to have 1 martini or top shelf liquor drink its worth the upgrade...

Plus the hassle free benefit of not having to sign every receipt or keep check on your account makes it worth the upgrade...

Your on holiday upgrade and enjoy the drinks on board!!

You don't have lt sign a receipt with the classic.

Actually Tangueray is part of the Classic Package so order Tangueray & Tonic & it will be covered.

We do not get the beverage packages but selected it for our next cruise as a 1-2-3 perk mostly for the coffees/ teas really enjoy.

Although we are elite & can attend the cocktail 2 hrs we really enjoyed the vouchers on our Feb cruise. So if our Sept cruise does not have vouchers we will just use our classic package !

"Basic" gins and vodkas are still good! They might not be Grey Goose or Bombay Sapphire, but still includes Tangueray, Stoli, Absolute, etc. It isn't like it is rail liquor so still good! We had the premium pkg last year and aside from martinis I found myself drinking stuff that was in the classic package. Think I will stick with that this year. My hubby, on the other hard, likes single malt scotch and top shelf bourbon so he will definitely upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Greetings

Yes, it covers all the basic drinks. If you want a top-shelf gin, you might want to upgrade, but that is a personal choice. If a basic gin and tonic is your drink, you're covered.

Good Sailing

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your very quick reply to my enquiry. Your comments were very helpful and I feel reassured that we will enjoy our cruise without further outlay.

Cheers..........Ian & Sue

also upgrade to Premium if you like good beer.

the way the classic package works is that a beer costs $6.50, you can only get by paying the entire $6.50. Your max on beer is $6

The way the premium package works, if a beer is $14, you Pay $1. Your max is $13. Yes , ther are $14 dollar and up beers.

But the really nice thing Celebrity did was make alot the premium beers at least $6.50(Stella, Guinness,Boddingers, etc) so you're left with a much smaller selection with the Classic package

a regular martini is something like $6 UNLESS - you are at the martini bar or molecular bar.

order one in the theater, or passport bar etc. and you will be fine.

You will not get any of the molecular bar creations, nor the large martinis at the martini bar.

We had no problem whatsoever getting a standard martini and a Cosmo at the martini bar - using our classic package.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

You do if its not covered!

That applies to the Premium also. You would have to sign for the amount over the $13 limit. Your post made it sound as if with the classic you had to sign for all drinks and that was another benefit of the premium over the classic.

����

Edited by miched

That applies to the Premium also. You would have to sign for the amount over the $13 limit. Your post made it sound as if with the classic you had to sign for all drinks and that was another benefit of the premium over the classic.

My post was from my experiences on the ships... I have cruised with the premium package & without it and the time with it was exactly as I said... No receipts to sign and every drink I wanted was within the limit so hence made my cruise experience so much better not having to worry about keeping tabs on my bill or sign receipts... All for $11.50 a day... Worth every Penny!

Which ship will be on? The S-class ships have the Molecular Bar, and the cost of one cocktail there is the cost of the upgrade per day. We LOVED that bar so it was worth it for us. Having said that, the Celebrity 'house pours' included in the Classic package are all respectable brands (listed on the website). The premium includes Red Bull and Evian, where as the Classic does not. Is all about personal preference. By the way, we had Champagne poured for us at both levels, and it was always part of the package. Our choice now is to upgrade each cruise. Enjoy, and welcome aboard!!

Which ship will be on? The S-class ships have the Molecular Bar, and the cost of one cocktail there is the cost of the upgrade per day. We LOVED that bar so it was worth it for us. Having said that, the Celebrity 'house pours' included in the Classic package are all respectable brands (listed on the website). The premium includes Red Bull and Evian, where as the Classic does not. Is all about personal preference. By the way, we had Champagne poured for us at both levels, and it was always part of the package. Our choice now is to upgrade each cruise. Enjoy, and welcome aboard!!

I agree... I tend to have a couple of tanned Russians (molecular bar) before dinner so its a no brainer.... Not to mention the martini's post dinner!!

My post regarding champers was meant In regard to higher price posh champagne & fancy wine!!

Tanned Russian was my FAVORITE! I worked my way through the entire menu over the course of 7 nights, but always came back to the Tanned Russian!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk