Seabourn pouring Champagne

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know if they are offering anything by name "under the bar"? Not a fan of Nicholas F either!

I have never asked! Not being much of a champagne drinker anyway, unless offered Krug Grande Cuvee. You can certainly pay for better champagne, if you wish.:)

Hi thanks for your kind offer but this will be our 4th Seabourn cruise-we have become addicted!

I do not care for the included Champagne served on Seabourn.

I buy from the list,usually Dom Perignon or Louis Roederer Crystal or Laurent Perrier Rose.

The prices are not bad and with my club discount the wine list is great value.

All types of tastes catered for on Seabourn.

I do not care for the included Champagne served on Seabourn.

I buy from the list,usually Dom Perignon or Louis Roederer Crystal or Laurent Perrier Rose.

The prices are not bad and with my club discount the wine list is great value.

All types of tastes catered for on Seabourn.

I have to disagree. Those of us who know there's better Champagne/wines in the price range SB is paying seem to be ignored. That being said I'm now looking forward to trying all the above mentioned adjuncts to try to make the NF palatable.:D

I have to disagree. Those of us who know there's better Champagne/wines in the price range SB is paying seem to be ignored. That being said I'm now looking forward to trying all the above mentioned adjuncts to try to make the NF palatable.:D

Each to his own..........If you are saying you wish the included champagne to be better I agree but I have to say I found their included wines to generally have improved lately. I could generally find something I liked from the included wines and other times we treated ourselves from the list.

I agree the addition of peach liqueur or cassis makes the champagne much better.......I haven't tried the cognac yet and will try it next time I am on board.

Mr L unfortunately the Laurent Perrier Rose is not available at the moment:(. We had one of the last two bottles on Legend last July and they didn't have it on Sojourn this February. I am hoping they restock before our cruise on Legend in August.

It seems many here dislike NF.

I always prefer a criticism which is paired with a solution. So for those who criticize SB's champagne choice what would you propose to replace it? Let's say for arguments sake that NF retails for 25USD and that would be the budget.

Who knows maybe there is a SB lurker who may take note!

Edited by sfocruiser

It's not a matter of what the champagne retails for, it's about the deal SB gets from NF which it might not be able to get from another house.

Yes but for this discussion you have to keep it within a reasonable limit. If we are limited to NV I'd love to see Tattinger or Bollinger but that's not going to happen.

I had forgotten about monopole blue top. That might be a nice change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are there any budget volume produced Champagnes that would be any more acceptable to the majority of people who understand Champagne than NF. In it's price point I believe that it is about average. Most guests are quite happy to just have a glass of bubbly on demand and drink it happily. People who appreciate better quality will buy a bottle when they really want one. I suppose the same can be said about the wines, acceptable to most, if you understand and enjoy higher quality I am sure guests buy what they want.

Agree with the above post, but I am still sick of reading 'fine wines included' on all Seabourn advertising, including that from the TAs. It does lead to expectations of something better than those provided.

I would agree. In seaborne case "fine wine" is a bit of an oxymoron. There are some I enjoy but I would put them in the catagory of table wines

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am a frequent Seabourn cruiser and gave to say I find NF acceptable. I did like the Monopole better. Wife and I are doing Norwegian Fiords cruise July 15th. Did it 10 years ago on the Spirit for our honeymoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

NF is drinkable, but I agree that in the same price range Monopole is better. That is what Silversea is serving when they don't run out (halfway through my cruise in January they ran out of champagne!:eek:).

Probably for marketing reasons, all of the luxury cruise lines that offer champagne in their all inclusive packages choose labels that we all recognize and there are not that many in the same price range as Feuillate. A solution to have a better quality champagne for the same price could be to put their own name on the label.

NF is drinkable, but I agree that in the same price range Monopole is better. That is what Silversea is serving when they don't run out (halfway through my cruise in January they ran out of champagne!:eek:).

Probably for marketing reasons, all of the luxury cruise lines that offer champagne in their all inclusive packages choose labels that we all recognize and there are not that many in the same price range as Feuillate. A solution to have a better quality champagne for the same price could be to put their own name on the label.

Wasn't there talk at some point in the past about doing just that? I wonder what happened to that idea.