Who all does laundry?

apkpcruisers

Platinum and Diamond cruisers. It's free.:p

Seriously, I see those laundry rooms in great use, especially towards the end of the cruise because it's better to take home a suitcase full of clean clothes.

I have been on 4 cruises and did not even know there was guest laundry facilities onboard. I am just curious how many people do laundry while at sea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, we've only done 1 Carnival cruise. And it was a 4 night. From a port that's only 25 minutes away from our house. So we didn't do laundry on that one.

But, typically, we take longer cruises. We do laundry on those cruises. Except one of the 7 night cruises we didn't have a self laundry onboard. We toughed that one out. And packed dirty clothes for the trip home.

I did on my last two.

The first one was a 12 day cruise plus we were there 3 days pre-cruise and staying 2 days after.

This time we were also there three days early and I try to pack light.

It costs a fortune though. $3 per wash and dry each plus the cost of detergent since I forgot to bring some.

Edited by 1kaper

I do one load during the 7 or 8 night cruise as we always have at least one extra day on the trip. I do remember to pack my unscented laundry soap and dryer sheets. Understand the Sunshine has the machines using the S&S card. We had to feed quarters on the other cruises.

Platinum and Diamond cruisers. It's free.:p

Seriously, I see those laundry rooms in great use, especially towards the end of the cruise because it's better to take home a suitcase full of clean clothes.

Our cabin on our first Carnival Cruise was located directly across from the self serve laundry, 5 night cruise I was shocked at how busy that place was...everyday...even first full day? We joked that it was the hottest club on board because people hung out and talked too, maybe ironing? Or not trusting to leave clothes in washer/dryer. IDK

We used the laundry services aboard the Breeze. We were staying a couple extra days after debarking and it was nice having clean shorts and shirts to wear. LOL. Here's a tip, they charge $10 a bag so I rolled all the clothes into tubes and layered them into the paper bags they give you. (Thanks CC for the tip!) I was able to send out one bag that way and didn't have to spend so much. I'm definitely going to do that again when we cruise in May. I'm trying to tell myself not to pack so much this time around. :eek:

I've never done laundry myself on a cruise but I did use the iron in the laundry room once because the DS didn't listen to me, packed at the last minute, and shoved his dress shirt into his suitcase. When it came the day of formal night, here he comes with his wrinkled shirt..."Mom can you please iron this for me?" So, of course I did. I've also sent jeans to be dry-cleaned before. But I don't like to do laundry on vacation. I think I probably would if I went on a really long cruise or vacation. Usually though, we only take 7 nighters.

Our cabin on our first Carnival Cruise was located directly across from the self serve laundry, 5 night cruise I was shocked at how busy that place was...everyday...even first full day? We joked that it was the hottest club on board because people hung out and talked too, maybe ironing? Or not trusting to leave clothes in washer/dryer. IDK

Wouldn't it be cool if they had bar service and some comfy chairs? It make doing the laundry fun :D

So I guess if you are on a long cruise it makes sense. I will probably use the iron on our next cruise since we won't have one available right before boarding the ship. I just equate doing laundry with work and vacation = no work, so it never occurred to me to do laundry on a cruise.

I do laundry midway through our 7 day cruises because we all pack lightly with one small suitcase each and a small carry on bag that we take straight onto the plane with us. With a family of four paying for the bigger suitcases really adds up. I have the laundry thing down to a science. Lol. ;) I put the clothes in the washer the moment I wake up. Then after I'm showered and ready to eat I throw the clothes into the dryer on the way to breakfast. After breakfast I usually like to go back to the room to use the bathroom and freshen up. So swinging by and getting my clean clothes on the way back to the room is no biggie. If you work it around your schedule you're really not spending too much time on it or going out of your way much.

We usually do at least once per trip. DH would rather pack light and do laundry than to lug a ton of clothes. He also seems to have a "thing" about having dirty clothes around and really seems to like to wash them. Oh well, no biggie. Doesn't take very long and we don't sit and wait on them to be done. We go do our thing while washing/drying.

We normally take a 7 day cruise and fly or drive in a day or up to a week early. Then we stay at the port a day or two after. We use the laundry bag service. We don't send anything that we wouldn't want ruined but for socks, t's, shorts and underwear it works great. On the Dream our cabin steward Maggie told us that we didn't have enough in the bag yet. She told us to pack more that day and she'd take care of it the following day. When it came back, it was in two bags.

I did on my last cruise because I didn't pack an outfit for everyday.I didn't have to take home all those dirty clothes.Which reminds me to pack the laundry supplies now cause my bags have been packed for 3 weeks now. Thanks for the reminder.

A balcony off the laundry room would be perfect!

On our last Liberty cruise, we were in cabin 9270, directly across from the laundry room. We took advantage, and did some laundry - twice!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

I've never done laundry on a cruise. We are a family of 4, and our cruises are usually 7 days. I agree with the other posters who said vacation=no housework. Doing laundry after returning home, to me is no big deal, just part of my normal routine. Spending time doing laundry on a vacation that we paid many $$$ for, its just not how I want to spend my time. That's what works for us, I can certainly see how for others, it may ease the stress of ending that wonderful vacation and getting back to normal life!

Wouldn't it be cool if they had bar service and some comfy chairs? It make doing the laundry fun :D

Absolutely!

I've used the self service a few times on shorter cruises. I'm weird and don't like dirty clothes hanging out in my cabin. On the 7 day cruise, they had a special mid week for laundry service so I used that and it was great.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app