What are the perks for a Junior Suite?

We have sailed almost exclusively in JS, with one GS and one OS cruise. And SS1 on Celebrity. On Royal, the room size and tub are only real worthwhile perks so to speak. Boarding for everyone is usually efficient especially out of FL.

The GS and OS rooms are really large and nice! You do get some great perks with priority seating, concierge lounge, tender tickets, etc. I think we may have gotten seats saved at the pool too? Or this could have been an old Diamond perk maybe? Hard to remember. The rooms are the bomb with double sinks, separate shower and tub, great TV system, a big bar....awesome.

On Celebrity, the SS1 rooms aft on Solstice class are incredible. The room is huge with a wrap around balcony. You also get a butler who unpacks, brings you appetizers every afternoon, free champagne, flowers, fruit. I think more perks, but no concierge Lounge.

In general, I love the JS. Even without perks! Just having a tub to stand in instead of a tiny capsule for a shower is a great perk! Have fun!!

The GS and OS rooms are really large and nice! You do get some great perks with priority seating, concierge lounge, tender tickets, etc. I think we may have gotten seats saved at the pool too? Or this could have been an old Diamond perk maybe? Hard to remember. The rooms are the bomb with double sinks, separate shower and tub, great TV system, a big bar....awesome.

That's a suite perk, still around at least on the larger ships. On Oasis Class "by the pool" is relative lol as it's up pretty high above the pool area.

Edited by Dave85

We are doing a Jr Suite for our Vision cruise in May.

Really just for the tub and space.

Actually, I was not thinking, I'm Almost sorry we booked it as they are all right below the Lido and Windjammer on the Vision class.

On our Ruby Princess cruise in May,and our Celebrity Infinity cruise in 2012, we were below the Lido and there was some noise from chair shuffling in the early AM. Carol figured out and now brings ear plugs and sleeps like a babe.

If it is nice we will be sold, despite any noise anticipated.

We are doing a Jr Suite for our Vision cruise in May.

Really just for the tub and space.

Actually, I was not thinking, I'm Almost sorry we booked it as they are all right below the Lido and Windjammer on the Vision class.

On our Ruby Princess cruise in May,and our Celebrity Infinity cruise in 2012, we were below the Lido and there was some noise from chair shuffling in the early AM. Carol figured out and now brings ear plugs and sleeps like a babe.

If it is nice we will be sold, despite any noise anticipated.

Agreed, we are going on jewel later this year and DH told me to book a suite as it's my birthday. Like the idea of the tub and extra space, but normally try to get a suite in a quiet location. We are under windjammer so am going prepared!!!!

DH normally likes quiet locations, il sleep through most things, but he said we only have one day at sea so will be up anyway:rolleyes:

Agreed, we are going on jewel later this year and DH told me to book a suite as it's my birthday. Like the idea of the tub and extra space, but normally try to get a suite in a quiet location. We are under windjammer so am going prepared!!!!

DH normally likes quiet locations, il sleep through most things, but he said we only have one day at sea so will be up anyway:rolleyes:

One of the things things I like about Voyager/Freedom class is the large selection of JS staterooms on deck 9, so that there is a guest stateroom above and below.

Quite agree nice way to cruise, but should RCI leave themselves open to prosecution through misleading customers. I have pasted the link of the booking page, hope it opens ok; but leave it to you all. Is it misleading? if so then anyone booking a JS should be contacting a solicitor, believe me it only takes a letter. (just click on the suit section when the page opens)

https://booking.royalcaribbean.co.uk/selectItinerary.htm;jsessionid=155665DA07143AA146BD4BB45EF85BD9?iternaryCode=07Q016&iternaryListIndex=209763

I couldn't get that page to open for me, probably geo blocking uk website? Anyhow, not sure about getting the solicitor onto this? Seems a bit extreme and not really going to give me the relaxing holiday I have enjoyed in a JS. I do agree with many other threads that they are a bit confusing when they call the JS a Suite, but when you look at the page, as per the other link on this thread it is pretty simple.

The gold C&A membership is confusing also for people who think they are going to get a gold seapass card as happens with full suite guests. The word gold printed on your card will not get you into the gold card areas.

Edited by goodycruising

The gold C&A membership is confusing also for people who think they are going to get a gold seapass card as happens with full suite guests. The word gold printed on your card will not get you into the gold card areas.

Royal has posted a Picture of a GOLD SeaPass Card In front of those areas NOW Some people Just Can't bother to read the signs

(Yes the wording on the website is bad Granted)

Royal Should Go Back to Listing it as GOLD MEMBER OR C&A GOLD on the SeaPass Card. Well JS Guests GET a SLIVER SeaPass Card so there ia a reasoning behind GS & UP getting a SeaPass that is Gold/Yellow in Colour

I couldn't get that page to open for me, probably geo blocking uk website? Anyhow, not sure about getting the solicitor onto this? Seems a bit extreme and not really going to give me the relaxing holiday I have enjoyed in a JS. I do agree with many other threads that they are a bit confusing when they call the JS a Suite, but when you look at the page, as per the other link on this thread it is pretty simple.

I think posters are looking at the Q&A information about JS. The issue the OP has is with the booking page, it shows no discrimination between the suite types regarding the perks, by the time you have got past this you have booked. If you are interested then make a mock booking and look at the information given for a JS. It IS misleading, regarding previous post of mine regarding a solicitor, I used it with another cruise line (big name) when they tried to "downgrade" me; it cost about £20 for a letter from them worth every penny. Ended up getting a very good upgrade. Have attached PDF unless it gets blocked.

Suite.pdf

Edited by Two 2 Tango

I wouldn't count on the coffee maker either . . on Jewel in Feb in a JS and no coffee maker, but there was a kettle. When I asked out attendant, she said no more coffee makers for the Juniors. Perhaps just that ship?

Just came back from a B2B on Adventure of the Seas. We had a JS and it came with 2 robes already in the room, coffee maker and kettle on the counter, walk-in closet and a nice little seating area. There were four bottles on the counter which were shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. Room had plenty of storage as well.

We were in a connecting cabin just below the Windjammer and I never heard any noise.

I wouldn't count on the coffee maker either . . on Jewel in Feb in a JS and no coffee maker, but there was a kettle. When I asked out attendant, she said no more coffee makers for the Juniors. Perhaps just that ship?

Only Jewel seems to spread that particular falsehood. Our JS on Brilliance didn't have one, either, but our stateroom attendant told us that we should have one - I suspect that it broke and they just didn't replace it - some of our fellow CCers had them and others did not. We have had them on every other RCI ship we've sailed on.

• 1 month later...
I think posters are looking at the Q&A information about JS. The issue the OP has is with the booking page, it shows no discrimination between the suite types regarding the perks, by the time you have got past this you have booked. If you are interested then make a mock booking and look at the information given for a JS. It IS misleading, regarding previous post of mine regarding a solicitor, I used it with another cruise line (big name) when they tried to "downgrade" me; it cost about £20 for a letter from them worth every penny. Ended up getting a very good upgrade. Have attached PDF unless it gets blocked.

Hi, can you please advise on what the solicitors letter said as I also feel short changed for my up coming cruise next month. I was sold on the idea of all the extras that I saw on the same web page and upgraded, I even said to the woman on the telephone how excited to be now travelling in absolute luxury and she agreed.

Thanks K

• 1 month later...

This is a double posting - there was another "Suite Perks" that showed up on my search.....sorry in advance.

We will be sailing on the "Navigator of the Seas" in a Jr Suite. Do you know if there is a separate vanity in the cabin .... or just the "desk" area? Does anyone know of any good photo's that show the actually walk in closet space (including all the shelf's)

Was there any work done to the Jr Suites during the dry dock period?

OceanDreams

This is a double posting - there was another "Suite Perks" that showed up on my search.....sorry in advance.

We will be sailing on the "Navigator of the Seas" in a Jr Suite. Do you know if there is a separate vanity in the cabin .... or just the "desk" area? Does anyone know of any good photo's that show the actually walk in closet space (including all the shelf's)

Was there any work done to the Jr Suites during the dry dock period?

OceanDreams

See my post here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42804972&postcount=9

Enhanced program for Suite Guests

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

Note the following:

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests Staying in the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

That seems pretty clear to me. The first line makes a statement with an asterisk at the end. The asterisk then gives the additional information.

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests Staying in the following suites*:

*Excludes Junior Suites