Elite Cards--Color?

OnlyPrincessforme

Thanks, but I already knew that...especially about the delamination because in addition to having issues with my card demagnetizing I also tend to wear the laminate loose. It's those pesky slot machines:rolleyes: Play enough of those and the corners of the laminate come loose.

I was just trying to be funny about the new card not being any better than the old. Guess it didn't work. :o

On a 40-day cruise comprised of 3 b2b's last fall in addition to the 3 cards provided at the beginning of each segment, I must have gone through an additional 6 or 7 cards. I replaced so many cards that my favorite Passenger Service rep started teasing me.

I play slots a lot and only had trouble on one ship with the edges coming loose.

I play slots a lot and only had trouble on one ship with the edges coming loose.

I'm constantly replacing my card due to the fact I keep forgetting that I shouldn't put it in the same pocket with my cell phone.....:D:):D

Bob

I'm constantly replacing my card due to the fact I keep forgetting that I shouldn't put it in the same pocket with my cell phone.....:D:):D

Bob

Well, now, there's your problem. You should never bring a cell phone on vacation!

Easier said than done, I know. How DID we ever survive without them?

My wife has told me a few times that if I ever dare to bring a work computer on board, Princess will get to use it as an anchor.

Well, now, there's your problem. You should never bring a cell phone on vacation!

Easier said than done, I know. How DID we ever survive without them?

My wife has told me a few times that if I ever dare to bring a work computer on board, Princess will get to use it as an anchor.

Good point.....:D:D:D

Bob

Your intro was "don't flash it around" who does?"

You would be surprised at some people who view it as a status symbol. Others feel that they have reached a level to demand better service, while others flash that card at the tender boarding areas yelling "I'm Elite-I go first!"

On one cruise, while I was waiting in the boarding line (yes, I'm Elite and waiting my turn in line) a guy behind me was fuming that he spent a lot of money on Princess and he should be treated better. As I looked back at him, I noticed his GOLD card. Can you just imagine what he might be like with a black card?

LOL Wow, that's a nightmare in the making. :eek: I hope to never see that kind of behavior! I've only been Elite for about 5 yrs. and thankfully, I've never seen anyone else act like that.

We had the new Elite cards in December on the Sapphire. I don't like them. They look way too close to the Platinum ones. We got ours mixed up with our sons' Platinum ones a few times.

Especially to anyone with a Sharpie!

I've had cards demagnatize when put in a purse next to my camera. Also when reading on my Kindle, since I wear my card on a lanyard. And no, I'm not trying to flash it around, it's just more convenient and accessible and doesn't get lost.

776 days at sea....39 ships.....7 continents

HAL 4* ....................Princess ELITE

I guess I'll find out next week on the Crown if my card is different in appearance from the ones I have saved from past cruises.

Now I am wondering if the other levels of cards have changed in appearance too. Has anyone noticed?

I've had cards demagnatize when put in a purse next to my camera. Also when reading on my Kindle, since I wear my card on a lanyard. And no, I'm not trying to flash it around, it's just more convenient and accessible and doesn't get lost.

776 days at sea....39 ships.....7 continents

HAL 4* ....................Princess ELITE

I'm with you on the convenience of using the lanyard. I bought my first one on my very first cruise on the Coral because I left my card in the cabin a couple of times. Now I would not be without one when I am onboard. Some people think it's kind of a dorky thing to do, but it works for me! LOL

I wear it on a lanyard because some of my clothes don't have pockets and I don't want to carry a purse while I'm on a ship. So it is just easier to wear a lanyard. That said, I always end up demagnitizing it at least once or twice -- no matter how hard I try to keep it from brushing against my iPad I always end up having to get replacement cards.

I'm curious -- does anyone have a photo of the new ones?

I admit, I do hold it out rather obviously when I'm in the Elite/Suite line at the Purser's Desk. Though truth be told, it seems like half the time it is faster to just go in the regular line. But I have gotten really dirty stares from people when I have used the Elite line, so I always at least try to make the black card obvious then. If it looks like a Platinum one, I'll probably just go to the regular line at the Purser to avoid even nastier stares.

I'm not elite. Heck, l'm barely even gold. Sailed twice so far with two more scheduled for this year. I don't mind my gold card and didn't mind my blue card. I'm getting to CRUISE and don't care if people can tell I'm a n00b. I'll eventually gain a higher loyalty level but Princess already treats me special as it is. I don't see a reason or a need to demand anything. Like I said, I'm already getting to CRUISE!

I will almost certainly end up "advancing" via days cruised rather than number of cruises. We do have one short 4 day booked but that's because it's all we can squeeze into the schedule at that time. We've done a 10 day, a 15 day, and have another 10 day booked. Well be looking at a full transit of the Panama Canal or an Alaska cruise tour next after the upcoming 10 day. The 4 day seems like it's going to be waaaaaaaay too short! The longer ones such as the 28 day Tahiti cruise will have to wait a few more years until I can retire.

The world has a lot of strange and demanding people but I try to ignore them and notice all the nice people instead. So far I've seen and meet a lot more nice people on Princess than the other kinds.

Unless someone can post a photo of the new card we will have to wait a couple of weeks to see one.
We wear the card on a lanyard so we always have it with us and don't worry about losing it.