With this kids sail free promotion... how does it work with future price drops?

We have 2 connecting promenade rooms... 1 room has 2 people (so couldn't use the sale) and the other has 3 (which we got 3rd person free). IF prices go down before final payment (end of Sept) can we get price drops? I'm assuming probably not on the 3-person room..

I believe you can get a price drop applied, however in doing so they may add back on the 3rd person rate. Not sure though, somebody else hopefully will know the answer.

I do have a different question on this 3rd/4th sail free promo however. Does anyone know if the person sailing free gets points for the sailing? Have heard if you don't "pay" for the cruise you don't get points. Does this apply here? Anyone know?? For kids it probably doesn't matter too much, but this promo is not for kids only.

I'm not sure if this helps to answer your question at all but I asked their customer service about about having to possibly drop our 7th person from our reservation(guests 3-8 sail free) in the future and if we'd lose the sail free promotion for the remaining guests 3-6 then. She double checked and said their new system reprices everything when you make a change and they can only apply current promotions not past expired ones so we would lose the sail free dicount if it was not still being offered.

I'm not sure if this helps to answer your question at all but I asked their customer service about about having to possibly drop our 7th person from our reservation(guests 3-8 sail free) in the future and if we'd lose the sail free promotion for the remaining guests 3-6 then. She double checked and said their new system reprices everything when you make a change and they can only apply current promotions not past expired ones so we would lose the sail free dicount if it was not still being offered.

Well, that also explains all the crazy pricing issues that people see whn making small changes to their booking. That's broked and they can probably fix the problem manually while you sit on hold for 15 minutes to an hour.

If that happened to me and I was forced to pay for 3-6 and it ended up costing more than what it did before, I'd just show up at the port without the 7th person rather than cancelling them.

I believe you can get a price drop applied, however in doing so they may add back on the 3rd person rate. Not sure though, somebody else hopefully will know the answer.

I do have a different question on this 3rd/4th sail free promo however. Does anyone know if the person sailing free gets points for the sailing? Have heard if you don't "pay" for the cruise you don't get points. Does this apply here? Anyone know?? For kids it probably doesn't matter too much, but this promo is not for kids only.

What. Omg they won't get points?

I've read the terms and didn't see that they won't get points so hopefully no issue. Interesting it only talks about 3 and 4 guests, yet they are doing free bees for 5 or more. They also do mention new bookings but many, me included rebooked.

Edited by Trekker954

Was planning to book a Med cruise for this summer but, usually wait until a promo comes out that involves some sort of on board credit. The 3rd or 4th person promo would not apply to us, as we will be just DH and I. My question is, from anyones experiences, would it generally be beneficial for us to take advantage of the promo thats currently offered...balcony for the same price as outside? If I remember correctly when I was "browsing" before we decided we were gonna book, the price for a balcony cabin is the same price it is now??? I'm a little confused...What exactly is the promo if the price remains the same? Should I wait till after the promo runs out (March 31st I believe) and hope the balcony cabin price stays the same and possibly a promo that would apply to us (on board credit, free grats etc) comes out? I's kinda a gamble I guess...help!

We have 2 connecting promenade rooms... 1 room has 2 people (so couldn't use the sale) and the other has 3 (which we got 3rd person free). IF prices go down before final payment (end of Sept) can we get price drops? I'm assuming probably not on the 3-person room..

I was under the impression, and verified it by looking at the deck plans, that no promenade cabin (besides the Family Promenade) had 3 berths.

As long as you pay something for the cruise you get the points. We have gotten points for "free" cruises with our Royal Caribbean visa card and then upgraded to a balcony or JS and received the points. We have had 6 "free cruises" with visa points. On some we literally did not pay for the cruise fare because it was covered under the points but you still pay tax, fees, and port taxes/fees.

Double check, but I believe yes, you get the points.

Just as an FYI, if you take advantage of special pricing and you see a different pricing you want to take advantage of in the future make sure it is with it, if you can even get it.

For example, if you book a cabin at $1,000 per person for passenger 1 and 2 and the 2 kids sail free then if the price for your cabin lowers to $799 per person for for passenger 1 and 2 then you would have to pay the current fare for passenger 3 & 4 which may end up being higher than the original booking price.

Read the fine print folks.

Just as an FYI, if you take advantage of special pricing and you see a different pricing you want to take advantage of in the future make sure it is with it, if you can even get it.

For example, if you book a cabin at $1,000 per person for passenger 1 and 2 and the 2 kids sail free then if the price for your cabin lowers to $799 per person for for passenger 1 and 2 then you would have to pay the current fare for passenger 3 & 4 which may end up being higher than the original booking price.

Read the fine print folks.

Absolutely, especially if one tries to reprice after March 31. You will lose the 3 & 4 passenger free promo. They always run the price for the date you call.

I do not believe that the port and taxes count as paying for your cruise in order to get points for the cruise. That is a good question as to whether the 3rd and 4th will get points.

I know that when we use B of A points for a free cruise they charge each passenger $1 so that we can get the points.