Friends/Family discount ends today 3/14? (3rd/4th passenger free)

Sass4

My TA said the discount ends today? I thought it was the 31st of March.

It is now after 5 pm CST, so I can no longer book with her and would have to call RCCL directly.

BUT the reason I contacted her because I wanted to know which cruises qualify for this and we want to surprise our 16 yo son by taking him on his 1st cruise in June.

Can anyone else help me find which cruises would qualify quickly? I hate being under pressure to book. GRRRRR

How do I figure out which ones are the select sailings or is it all of them?

On the main RCl website, if you click on the KSF image at the top of the screen, it will give you a new page with all of the available cruises and the ones that are sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Be careful, there are limited rooms available on each cruise for the promotion tho.

Our friends were able to get the promotion and upgrade to a balcony for free, 2 days later we booked and there were no rooms left that were eligible for the promotion.

Talked to our travel agent and directly to Royal.

Don't be so quick to blame the TA - TA's received an e mail today saying the promotion ends today.

I am a TA, apparently I didn't get that email?

~Jacqui~ Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ya know I need to apologize, that e mail may have been from NCL who is running the same promotion - maybe the TA was confused with that - I did gt it.

Went back and looked - says "hours left" - came at 8:42 this morning

Edited by LovesCruising

How do I figure out which ones are the select sailings or is it all of them?

You can always do a fake booking. Find a ship and date you like and when you pick your cabin it will give you the price of the 3rd and 4th person. Some sailings are sold out, peak times and holidays but there are still some good deals out there. What a great gift to your son. I hope you find a cruise that works for you.

Ya know I need to apologize, that e mail may have been from NCL who is running the same promotion - maybe the TA was confused with that - I did gt it.

Went back and looked - says "hours left" - came at 8:42 this morning

No need to apologize, I was just confused :)

~Jacqui~ Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After doing 'fake' bookings on my own and going through our two preferred TA's, I was only able to find cabins that worked with the sail free offer by calling RCI directly.

The cruise consultant was able to find the cabins I wanted for our family cruise with 12 people when the TA's were showing them as booked--or not available for the promotion.

This is completely the opposite of what I have usually experienced; I almost always use travel agents for a better deal, but not in this case.