Internet Cafe

ctravelp

I am going on a cruise with the following itinerary

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Antigua, Antigua & Barbuda | St. Lucia | Barbados | St. Kitts, St. Kitts & Nevis | St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands | Nassau, Bahamas | Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

I am in the process of selling my house and need to be able to print, scan and send if I get an offer. Does anyone know if these facilities are available in the above ports (not counting Fort Lauderdale)

I am going on a cruise with the following itinerary

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Antigua, Antigua & Barbuda | St. Lucia | Barbados | St. Kitts, St. Kitts & Nevis | St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands | Nassau, Bahamas | Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

I am in the process of selling my house and need to be able to print, scan and send if I get an offer. Does anyone know if these facilities are available in the above ports (not counting Fort Lauderdale)

I find it likely that you can find what you need. It may not be in every internet cafe, so you may have to try more than one.

I hope you are successful....we finally sold our place last year after trying for the previous two years.

St Lucia had internet at the bar upstairs in the port building not sure about scanning docs

Barbados has internet in the port building also

You could probably do it on the ship for a small fee which might be safer

Edited by LHT28

Assuming you are bringing a laptop or netbook, you may want to invest in a portable scanner. If you are unable to find a shoreside internet cafe--or have to get your business taken care of on a sea day--you should be able to print a document you opened but while they may have a scanner available it is well possible that the workstations in the ship's internet centre will not have the capability to save a scanned document in an e-mailable format. USB ports are usually decativated as well so no moving flies between devices with your thumb drive.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The reliability of internet connections on the ship can be spotty due to the ship's position. Keep that in mind.

You definitely should be able to print something, but I have never had the need to scan. I would give your cruise line a call before you leave and ask them if the ship you will be on can scan something for you on-board.

On my last cruise on Pride of America I got a job offer that I wanted to immediately accept. I went to the Internet Lounge and printed it, signed it and took it to guest relations. They took it to shore excursions and they scanned it and emailed it back to me.

I don't know if there is an internet café in Fort Lauderdale. I do know that we looked for one last summer when we had a late flight out, and never did find one.

Later, I spoke to our on-line travel agent, who is in Florida. He said with the advent of smart phones, there are not nearly as many internet cafes as there used to be. He did not know of one in Fort Lauderdale.

If I were in your shoes, I would give someone back home a power of attorney so that they could sign on my behalf. The speed, reliability and security of internet on the ships or in Caribbean ports is (in my opinion) too daunting to take a chance.