LHR to London Hotel

You can take the tube from Heathrow straight into central london. Most central london hotels are close to a tube station. There is also the Heathrow Express train from the airport to Paddington. Usefull if you are staying around that area but otherwise the tube is the best.

The tube takes around 55 mins from the airport to Leicester Square station. If you are ok carrying your luggage its a fairly straightforward journey and inexpensive. Thousands of travellers take this journey each day.

Depending on the time of day a private car will be slower due to traffic and will obviously cost a lot more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by kevinyork

There is also coach (bus) service from LHR to Victoria Coach Station which we have used before. I think it was National Expres. We were pleased with it and found it easier than schlepping your luggage around the tube station, or worse yet having to change trains!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We are staying at the Grosvenor which is just beside Victoria station.
In which case taking the Tube is at least theoretically feasible. Take the Piccadilly Line to Barons Court, where you do a cross-platform change to the District Line to Victoria. (If the weather is bad or it's during the morning peak, Hammersmith is often a better place to do ths change.)

The only real difficulty is when you get to Victoria, if you have luggage. To get out to street level, you have to carry your bags up the equivalent of about 1½ storeys to ticket hall level, and then another storey to street level. There are no lifts or escalators here.

If that's a deal breaker, one alternative is the National Express coach to Victoria Coach Station. But that's almost half a mile away from the hotel, so quite a long walk.

If that doesn't work either, then realistically it'll be a taxi or a minicab transfer.

No to crash on your question, but mine would be the same question only, we arrive at 7:40 am on a Saturday and are heading to our hotel--Andaz Hyatt next to Liverpool Street station. Suggestions for this tube travel as well? In looking at map, we too will have to change trains/stations. Thanks.

No to crash on your question, but mine would be the same question only, we arrive at 7:40 am on a Saturday and are heading to our hotel--Andaz Hyatt next to Liverpool Street station. Suggestions for this tube travel as well? In looking at map, we too will have to change trains/stations. Thanks.

Its one change from the Piccadilly Line to the Central Line Eastbound at Holborn. Again fairly straight forward if you can manage the luggage.

Or you could get the Heathrow Express to Paddington, then the Hammersmith & City Line to Liverpool St. This latter option is a bit faster but more expensive due to the Heathrow Express portion.

However either way you will probably arrive at your hotel before check in time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by kevinyork

Or you could get the Heathrow Express to Paddington, then the Hammersmith & City Line to Liverpool St. This latter option is a bit faster but more expensive due to the Heathrow Express portion.

If you're going to do a train-to-tube connection, I'd be inclined to do Heathrow Connect to Ealing Broadway, then pick up the Central line there.

Although, looking at the underground map, I'm wondering how difficult a transfer from the Picadilly line to the Circle line at either Gloucester Road or South Kensington would be? Anyone done this?

Although, looking at the underground map, I'm wondering how difficult a transfer from the Picadilly line to the Circle line at either Gloucester Road or South Kensington would be? Anyone done this?

They would be from deep to sub-surface, so probably not great. Gloucester Road has lifts, but I think there are steps too. Can't think how South Ken would work. Better to make two changes - usual x-platform at Barons Court or Hammersmith to District, then a same platform switch to a Circle line train once on to the shared section.

We are healthy and travel well, Each have suitcase on wheels and carry-ons. Just looking for the best/cheapest way to get from the airport to the hotel. We could handle the stairs if the savings were there. thanks for all the help on this forum!

We are healthy and travel well, Each have suitcase on wheels and carry-ons. Just looking for the best/cheapest way to get from the airport to the hotel. We could handle the stairs if the savings were there. thanks for all the help on this forum!

Then definitely do the double-switch as suggested by Eagle - Picadilly line to District line at Baron's Court, then District line to Circle line at anywhere between Gloucester Road and Tower Hill that both lines stop - this transfer will be a matter of getting off one train and staying at the same platform for the next Circle line train - and will be a good way of getting used to reading the signs indicating which train is next :).

Just looking for the best/cheapest way to get from the airport to the hotel. We could handle the stairs if the savings were there.
In that case, Cotswold Eagle's suggestion would be best. There are stairs up from the Circle Line at Liverpool Street, I think, but they should be the only ones.