Big News about All You Can Drink Package

Frugalist

No possible way to pre-buy it at this time.

When you get on board (after getting your cruise card) they'll put a sticker on your card letting the servers know you have the package. Big stickers for beverage package, little stickers for the soda package.

We just got off the Ruby (5-day cruise) also and can tell you that many people on embarkation day were buying the package at Outriggers (not us) and were not required to have both in the cabin buy the package

So, they *are* selling it on cruises that are less than 7 days?? Can anyone confirm if they've seen it sold on the Caribbean Princess for sailings of 3/4/5 days?

Thanks! :)

So, they *are* selling it on cruises that are less than 7 days?? Can anyone confirm if they've seen it sold on the Caribbean Princess for sailings of 3/4/5 days?

I don't think that the Caribbean Princess has begun it's short cruises, ergo, there is no answer for this yet. It has been offered on the Ruby short cruises, so it should be the same on the Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to try and purchase the unlimited beverage package on my upcoming cruise on the Royal, (though Princes as of 4/9/14 officially still claims that all adults in a stateroom must purchase the package as per an email I received from their customer service that date in response to my asking them)

One of the concerns I have seen raised is that you have to go to the bar to get each individual beverage, and those of us who are fortunate enough to have a nice big balcony, often like to lounge there in the afternoon and sipping a few glasses of wine as part of the experience, which with the drink package would have to be interrupted by needing to get up and go to a bar to get your next glass

The way I plan to get around that (being mostly a wine drinker - and I am confident this is legit), is to bring two small empty carafes with me, then get a glass of wine every time I pass a bar from the morning forward, collect enough for 3 or so glasses in the carafes, and then in the afternoon spend my hours on the balcony with my wine without having to worry to get up and get refills. Since my wife doesn't drink alcohol at all, and since I will consume what I bring back, I don't see how that can be against the rules.

I can happily confirm that this in fact is being sold on the Caribbean Princess on their shorter cruises 3/4 nighters. I just bought a package for my hubby for our upcoming weekend cruise over Memorial Day Weekend :) I was able to prepay so the bill will be paid before we even set sail. :p

I can happily confirm that this in fact is being sold on the Caribbean Princess on their shorter cruises 3/4 nighters. I just bought a package for my hubby for our upcoming weekend cruise over Memorial Day Weekend :) I was able to prepay so the bill will be paid before we even set sail. :p

Are you sure that you are talking about the same package. Was it $49 plus gratuity each day?

That's really strange. This is an email from Princess CS yesterday stating the exact opposite:

From: theiden@princesscruises.com [mailto:theiden@princesscruises.com]

On Behalf Of customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 3:15 PM

To: Cruiselover1951

Subject: Re: Unlimitted Beverage Package

Thank you kindly for your inquiry regarding your future travel plans aboard a Princess Cruise ship.

As per your inquiry about a package offer for unlimited adult beverages, we are excited to share with you that we have successfully rolled out a similar program that we currently refer to as

"All-Inclusive Beverage Package". At this time, current sales of the All-Inclusive beverage package to individuals only takes place aboard the ship. Princess is currently assessing this program and we are hoping to make it available pre-cruise or via the cruise-personalizer and special services in the near future.

Pricing currently is set at USD $49 + 15% gratuity per person, per day. Princess reserves the rights for changes on this packages, including the price.

Current conditions to this program. (Subject to change)

Packages can only be purchased on a full-voyage basis

Packages are only available on voyages 7 days in length or long

All adult passengers travelling together in a stateroom must purchase the all-inclusive package.

Minors linked to adults purchasing the package (whether in the same or separate stateroom) must purchase the 'Unlimited Soda & More' package (Children 6 years and under are exempt).

I just spoke to a Princess rep (on 4/15) and was told they have been trying various variations on their ships. As of this date, it is available if you call Princess and pre-pay if you choose. Just give them 48 hours to process before your sailing date.

I just spoke to a Princess rep (on 4/15) and was told they have been trying various variations on their ships. As of this date, it is available if you call Princess and pre-pay if you choose. Just give them 48 hours to process before your sailing date.

Well thats true! Each ship has its own variation! :eek:

Just off the Caribbean Princess on 4/12, bought the package on boarding and loved it. Best part was the 40% discount on all bottles of wine up to $100 at dinner. Saved a ton there. The only problem I encountered was that the bar staff would not pour a "medium" bloody mary which I always have and costs $7.XX with tax. I protested several times but was never successful, nor was anyone who ordered a double.

Also enjoyed the specialty coffees in the afternoon at the IC.

My husband and I just got off the Ruby Princess on a 5 day sailing to the Western Caribbean. We purchased the all-inclusive drink package and we were very pleased with it. We are wine, mimosa and martini drinkers and the selection of wines included was very extensive so we had no issues with it. In fact, there were only 2 wines on the menu at Vines that were not included. The service at Vines was excellent as well (just FYI). We bought the package from the bar manager at Vines right after we boarded the ship. We also had no trouble getting wine in the dining room although the selection was much more limited - there were still a few fine options. The champagne they served was Korbel and they would give you the little 187 ml bottles so you could actually take them back to your room if you wanted to. It seemed to us that most of the boat was on the drink package so they must think it is a pretty good deal for the cruise line.

Also, we did have to sign the slips each time but did not take the copy with us as we knew that was worthwhile for us so did not feel the need to keep track. If you have other questions, please ask.

Barbara

The way I plan to get around that (being mostly a wine drinker - and I am confident this is legit), is to bring two small empty carafes with me, then get a glass of wine every time I pass a bar from the morning forward, collect enough for 3 or so glasses in the carafes, and then in the afternoon spend my hours on the balcony with my wine without having to worry to get up and get refills. Since my wife doesn't drink alcohol at all, and since I will consume what I bring back, I don't see how that can be against the rules.

Sounds like a good idea!

The only problem I encountered was that the bar staff would not pour a "medium" bloody mary which I always have and costs $7.XX with tax. I protested several times but was never successful, nor was anyone who ordered a double.

This is a little disturbing! Why wouldn't they let you order a double?? A double is under $10.

Hi Barbara, were you able to order alcoholic frozen drinks with the package? Thanks!

We did not order any frozen alcoholic drinks but I know that you can order them with the package. Absolutely anything $10 and under is totally included.

I think a double costs more than $10 so that is why they may not have included the double bloody mary. We have found that if you are nice to the bartenders and tip them, they will pour you a more than generous drink though!

Have fun.

Barbara

I am not sure, it still amazes me, we went round and round with a couple waiters to no avail. The only mixed drink I order is Bloody Mary and I don't order a double, just a medium which is more mix (not more liquor) and they still would not do it. My friend wanted the double of plain ole V/T and was turned down. I stuck with Cabernet from then on as that is what I prefer anyway.

I suppose I should have talked to the F/B Manager about it as we had chatted at the Most Traveled Party, but, as usual, I forgot. Next time.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess and the all inclusive package was awesome. First thing we did was to sign up for the package at the bar on deck 16. It was super easy and they said nothing about my wife who does not drink. However, most of our group did sign up for the deal. It makes traveling on a cruise ship just like staying at Sandals or other all-inclusive resorts. We had no problems getting nice wines at the wine bar or sipping the drink of the day by the pool. Plus being able to take cold water off the ship is an added benefit for shore excursions. We felt we got a good deal plus if your beer gets hot all you have to do is order a new one.

Have fun!!!

Edited by Mega Cruiser

Am I understanding this package correctly? The package costs $49 per day plus the 15% gratuity? For a 7 day cruise that would bring the costs to just under $400 per person, so basically each person would have to drink 5-6 drinks a day to break even. Wow...guess I've turned into a lightweight in my old age :eek:

Am I understanding this package correctly? The package costs $49 per day plus the 15% gratuity? For a 7 day cruise that would bring the costs to just under $400 per person, so basically each person would have to drink 5-6 drinks a day to break even. Wow...guess I've turned into a lightweight in my old age :eek:

This package includes water coffee soda etc. and on the Royal it also includes the gelato shop.

It's not restricted to only alcoholic drinks but all drinks under $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This package includes water coffee soda etc. and on the Royal it also includes the gelato shop.

It's not restricted to only alcoholic drinks but all drinks under $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So if you purchase the drink package, there is no need to purchase a coffee card? The package would include unlimited cappuccinos? :D

Frugalist, thanks for posting, don't let the naysayers get you down. Some of us appreciate informative posts whether we agree or not. Personally I feel most people are honest and love that not everyone sharing a cabin has to buy the drink package. I'm not a big drinker so wouldn't but I do get the soda package.....husband doesn't and he doesn't scalp sodas from my card. Thanks again.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app