New alcohol package

Little Rascal

Does the Alcohol package include wine? And if so, by the glass or by the bottle?

By the glass if under $10 (like all the drinks). You can get a 40% discount on all bottles under $100.

Edited by msmoger

Thank you everyone for the helpful information. It seems expensive. I guess I will have to figure out how much drinks cost to determine the cost savings.

It all depends on your beverage consumption is on an average day. If you're one who drinks not only cocktails and wine, but also sodas, bottled waters, specialty coffees, etc, then it can be a good value. Remember, it's not solely an alcohol package, but rather a beverage package (both alcoholic and non).

Can you buy the package from Princess BEFORE boarding to avoid paying local taxes if purchased while in port?
No. It's possible that they hold off actually charging your folio until after the ship sails. That's what they did on the Sapphire a couple of weeks ago when I got the soda card. I got a hand-written charge rather than the printed charge.

does the package include wine by the bottle in dining room and / or wine from room service ?

You can get a 45% discount on bottles of wine priced under $100 from the dining rooms and bars. I don't believe the package can be used for room service. However, if that last point is incorrect I'm sure someone will clarify.

It all depends on your beverage consumption is on an average day. If you're one who drinks not only cocktails and wine, but also sodas, bottled waters, specialty coffees, etc, then it can be a good value. Remember, it's not solely an alcohol package, but rather a beverage package (both alcoholic and non).

Still alot of liquid! :eek:

I just got back from the Island Princess panama canal cruise and we were able to purchase the regular ukp package before sailing, but I am unable to find the new unlimited beverage package listed in the gifts section yet, so I would say, NO, you can not buy it ahead of boarding. You can call and see if they will sell it to you.

The beverage package covers any beverage $10 or less with some exclusions. Many (if not most) wines served by the glass are included. All beer as well foreign and domestic. I got my money's worth yesterday. uploadfromtaptalk1395329695779.jpg.c2e80bd94a1387c39262cc23ccf91096.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk