When do you do online check-in?

Pyxie

Just wondering when most people do online check-in. From what I understand, it is not like an airline at all and you can check-in at any time, but is there a benefit to doing it way in advance? We don't cruise until August and won't be paid off until June. Does it make sense to check-in before paying it off?

You can do it whenever you want. You can't print your docs until after final payment, but you can input all the info. And you can go back in and change anything. I've change my credit card info online so I don't have to do it at checkin or the service desk.

I like to get whatever I can out of the way as soon as I can.

But it isn't necessary. Just one less thing to think about as the cruise gets closer. I've already printed my luggage tags. Won't print my FunPass until I submit for my s/h credit because I want it to show up there. Everything else is ready to go and in my folder with all my other docs (hotel res, copy of passport, spare luggage tags that I put in the outside zipper pockets of luggage, any excursion reservations, maps, etc.)!

I would check in early as you want but don't print anything till later... on my last 2 cruises I had to reprint my docs, first read I upgrade from an inside room to a window room, and the last time we added a person to the mix....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Hi , this is probably a silly first timer question but what is your funpass ? Thanks .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am stealing this from a 2012 post:

"It's leftover terminology for the boarding pass. Carnival uses "fun" for everything and named their boarding pass "Funpass" but it confused people, so they've been going back to boarding pass.

Fill out the stuff online. If you don't you'll have to bring it all with you to the port, and if you forget something ... you can't get on."

Just wondering when most people do online check-in. From what I understand, it is not like an airline at all and you can check-in at any time, but is there a benefit to doing it way in advance? We don't cruise until August and won't be paid off until June. Does it make sense to check-in before paying it off?

You can't complete your online check-in until you are paid in full.

We complete our online check-in as soon as we are paid in full

I complete online check-in as soon as I book. I set up a cash account. I give my credit card information at port checkin. I print luggage tags and all docs except boarding passes, which can't be printed until cruise is paid in full. I am almost six months out from my cruise. I have had luggage tags and other docs printed since December, and I printed my boarding pass last night right after my TA paid off Carnival. Information can be updated and docs reprinted as necessary. I just like having them in my hot little hands :D

I complete online check-in as soon as I book. I set up a cash account. I give my credit card information at port checkin. I print luggage tags and all docs except boarding passes, which can't be printed until cruise is paid in full. I am almost six months out from my cruise. I have had luggage tags and other docs printed since December, and I printed my boarding pass last night right after my TA paid off Carnival. Information can be updated and docs reprinted as necessary. I just like having them in my hot little hands :D

I print them off as insurance. Inevitably my printer stops working when I need it the most.

I too print everything ahead of time just in case there is some sort of problem. I print luggage tags and documents at the time of booking. You can't print the boarding pass until you are paid in full.

I print the luggage tags early because I usually laminate them. This time I ordered the Cruise Critic luggage tag holders. They are nice.

After final payment.