Vancouver after southbound

lovetotraveltx

After 12 nights on land and sea is it worthwhile to spend the night in Vancouver and then fly out the next day so we can see the city a bit or too much after a long trip.

I assume taxi to hotel then taxi to airport the following day.

Know of any Marriott or Hyatt properties convenient to cruise terminal and/or airport.

Thank you!

After 12 nights on land and sea is it worthwhile to spend the night in Vancouver and then fly out the next day so we can see the city a bit or too much after a long trip.

Know of any Marriott or Hyatt properties convenient to cruise terminal and/or airport.

Thank you!

You can easily spend a day after you cruise! Stanley park, china town, gaslight area and Granville island are all easy form the port area. We usually spend a few days after or before we cruise. The port area has attractions just walking around. Get a 10 ticket bus pass and enjoy

Dave

As a native Vancouverite I may be a bit biased but yes, Vancouver is a great city to spend an extra day in after a cruise. There is a Hyatt Regency within 6 blocks of Canada Place and there are two Marriott properties across the street from one another some 4 blocks from Canada Place. A terrific way to see a lot of Vancouver in a day is via a HOHO and the one that I ordinarily recommend on these forums is the Vancouver Trolley for it's live narration. I hope you will spend some time with us as I am certain you will enjoy our city.

We will be in Vancouver for the 2nd time in June after our Alaska cruise and plan on 2 days as we had such a good time last time! We did a hop-on/hop-off and toured most of the city as well as Capilano Suspension Bridge. This year, we plan the hop-on/hop-off again as well as a tour of Grouse Mountain to include a visit to Eye of the Wind. Cannot wait!!

If you can spare the time, stay and enjoy it. BTW, we are staying at the Marriott Pinnacle.

We're doing a southbound in July with 4 days on land prior to the cruise. We decided to spend the day in Vancouver before flying home the next morning. I'd hate to be in a city I've never been before and not see some of the highlights!

Putterdude, i've put on my protective armour so you can hit me about the head as much as you want.

Vancouver is such a wonderful town, i've never only stayed for one night but..

how long is your overnight?

my past two trips i've stayed in Richmond, a vibrant asian community where most hotels have airport shuttles and it's just a couple of blocks from the skytrain terminal.

being left handed and having two engineering degrees, i'd never pass up the opportunity to go into Gastown to see the steam engine powered clock.

being left handed and having two engineering degrees, i'd never pass up the opportunity to go into Gastown to see the steam engine powered clock.

but the lovely mrs b-d and i have now taken to watching the crowds as the hour approaches. she can pick out the digital geeks using iphones/tablets, i can find the techno geeks checking their digital watches.

We're doing a southbound 11 night cruise tour and staying 2 nights in Vancouver. Although I am always anxious to get home after a cruise I felt if we didn't check out Vancouver I would be missing out. Everyone I know that's been there has said not to miss it. Upon debarking we will drop our luggage at the Blue Horizon and get on the HOHO. The next day we will have the whole day to decide what to do before we fly home on the following day.

Thank you!

I will agree with every ones comment on the value of staying in Vancouver and extra day or two. To answer your other two questions.

If you ship docks at Canada Place (and the major do). You are downtown and within a few blocks or most of the major downtown hotels. The Pan Pacific hotel is in the Canada Place complex. There are also hotels across the street.

The Mariott Pinnacle is about 3 blocks from Canada Place. Taxi is a few dollar or if you pack light you may be able to walk.

For other hotels in the Mariott family there is also a Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel within a few blocks.

Getting out to the airport is either a taxi or you can take Skytrain (Canada Line) from downtown to the airport.

Edited by em-sk