Baltic Cruise in August

vmarq

Is the end of August a bad time to take a Baltic Cruise? I have heard that a lot of Europeans take their vacations then. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Vicki

Edited by vmarq

Sorry, I disagree. Children have their 6 week holiday in the UK from mid July to beginning September. In France, Spain and Italy everybody goes away in July or August. The holiday season in Europe is mainly mid July to end of August.

We went on a Baltic cruise in mid September last year. We had fantastic weather and missed the crowds. My friends had done the same cruise in August and said it had been extremely hot and busy in August.

June is a good time to visit northern Europe as you have the nice long days.

I would also suggest September or June. UK children will be off during August with the normal price hike.

Weather wise I don't think there will be much difference between late August and September.

Is the end of August a bad time to take a Baltic Cruise? I have heard that a lot of Europeans take their vacations then. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Vicki

We sailed mid to late August and had fantastic weather. Nights and mornings fairly cool, and warming up nicely during the daytime hours. We really didn't notice any major crowds in any of the ports. Sure there are tourists, but we didn't have long lines for anything. In fact, I really don't remember any lines. We loved this time of year.

Cheers

Len