6:00 early dine... will we have our luggage?

Luggage can arrive anytime from early afternoon to early evening. If your concern is regarding dress for the first night dinner don't be concerned - whatever you are wearing on board that day is fine. The cruise line understands that many people won't have luggage in time to change.

As stated, cruise lines are aware that luggage may not arrive before dinner and are more lenient on the first night. If you are bothered by dining in "travel attire" just pack a change of clothes in your carry-on (if you have one.)

There is no rhyme or reason with the luggage we have had it early and late. One cruise mine came around 2:30 and I had all my stuff put away before muster and my husbands arrived while we were at dinner (the late seating). We checked in together and both were going to the same cabin yet delivered six hours apart. We always put a pair of slacks in our carry on if we are wearing shorts to board.

We have early dine time will we have our luggage by then. What time is normal?

thanks in advance

same ship. same cabin even, and one time it was there when we got to our cabin at 1 and the second time it was almost 6.

so uhh.. who knows.

that being said they will be much more lax about the whole shorts in the MDR for dinner being verboten thing on this day for just this reason.

I get around by just wearing a simple sundress or shift. DH is fine with a pair of jeans or twill pants even in very hot /humid weather.

Time of boarding has no bearing on when you get your bags. Most times, our bags are in the cabin well before dinner...however, once we didn't get our last bag until AFTER late seating..so you never know. If one of your bags ends up on the bottom of the pile, it will be the last delivered!

So...if there is anything you'll need, put it in your carryon....and of course, ALL valuables and medications should never, ever leave your side!!

Dinner the 1st night is VERY casual, as some will not have gotten luggage yet...no worries!

One thing that I noticed on Liberty in March at 10:45 when we arrived at the pier.

The porters were putting all the luggage for members that were platinum and above directly on the carts that they use to load the luggage onto the ship. Luggage that had gold C@A tags or the generic tags was left off to the side. Our luggage was at our cabin by 1:30.

This is obviously not done on all ships and as the day goes on it would become harder to manage but I thought it was a great idea for the first set of luggage that was being loaded to be done this way and a great perk.

Thank you all for your advice and replies. We are sailing on Independence of the Seas on March 29 and will be in port before noon.

I think I will pack pants in our carry on just in case. I don't want to show up on shorts and look out of place.

thanks again