Splendor Mongolian Wok...what's the trick to getting thru quickly?

Debster992

We cruised the Splendor last May and heading out again this June and would like to know how to enjoy the wok without the grueling wait (bad knees). I tried it once and was only 5th in line but the folks in front of me were getting trays full of bowls-worth and it took at least a half hour for my turn. From your experiences, is there a good time or a trick to lessen the wait for this yummy food?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There really isn't any way to speed up the line since everything is made to order. The only option is to get there before the line opens as that is the shortest wait. That's the first thing I do when we get on the ship and we get on early.

Either a few minutes before they open, or 15 or 20 minutes before they close. Those are usually the times you can walk right up. I have very bad knees and can't stand very long so I pull up a chair from one of the tables and sit in line. You might get a few 'looks', but you'll get your yummy food with the least amount of effort and/or pain. Have a fabulous cruise.:D

On embarkation day there was no wait I kinda just stumbled upon it. As the days on the ship progress tho, the lines got longer and longer :( I never thought to go wait in line early. Ill try that.

Either a few minutes before they open, or 15 or 20 minutes before they close. Those are usually the times you can walk right up. I have very bad knees and can't stand very long so I pull up a chair from one of the tables and sit in line. You might get a few 'looks', but you'll get your yummy food with the least amount of effort and/or pain. Have a fabulous cruise.:D

Pink Bird, I like your suggestion of getting there 15 minutes before they close. :D

LuLu

~~~

The trick is for Carnival to limit the number to bowls per person. On the Ecstacy a month ago I was third in line and it took more than 30 minutes. there was an older lady in front of me that had 2 bowls in her hand and a little girl came up and handed her 4 more.

The trick is for Carnival to limit the number to bowls per person. On the Ecstacy a month ago I was third in line and it took more than 30 minutes. there was an older lady in front of me that had 2 bowls in her hand and a little girl came up and handed her 4 more.

I would have had to say something!:mad:

I agree that Carnival needs to limit the amount of bowls that people get made up. Last cruise on Inspiration 2 people in front of me had 4 bowls each and would pass them off to people who didn't stand in line.

Sounds like chair hogs to me :D!

Thanks everyone for your input. I will try to get in line before they open this time around. It sounds like my experience wasn't as bad as others mentioned. While, I'm pretty level headed, the kid bringing more bowls to Grandma would have pushed me over the edge to becoming one mean b%#&@ ;)

Cheers!

Just one politely-worded sign would help immensely:

"Please limit one bowl per person per trip

to reduce everyone's wait-times"

And that would do no good because we all know Carnival does not enforce their own rules!

We cruised the Splendor last May and heading out again this June and would like to know how to enjoy the wok without the grueling wait (bad knees). I tried it once and was only 5th in line but the folks in front of me were getting trays full of bowls-worth and it took at least a half hour for my turn. From your experiences, is there a good time or a trick to lessen the wait for this yummy food?

Cheers!

One of the problems with wait times for the buffet, especially the Wok, is that individuals ask for multiple dishes, often this is waisted when it is brought to tthe table. In many cases, we have seen one individual go to the line and other individuals grab a table (we call them table hogs). Whenever we have cruised with Carnival in the past we have usually skipped the Wok, in fact we chose to eat in the MDR when open.

If Carnival was really interested in cutting down wait times they would set up a policty that there is only one serving/passenger. If an individuals wishes to order 5 dishes he should have 4 other individuals waiting with him.

With Carnival ships becomming more and more crowed, I do feel quite strongly that Carnival must set up role (and enforce them) for proper decorum on any of the wait lines.

Remember, at least on the Liberty, there is a subsequent Mongolian Wok on one of the sides near the dining area. It's like a long window place away from the buffet. Not sure if it's faster but it's there and didn't seem to have as long a line.

Wait, what do you mean another on the Liberty. We were on past Sept and will be on in May. I just remember one Mongolian Wok, but it had a line coming from either side.

Yes, I didn't remember seeing it in November but we were just there again in Feb and on the left side just past the ice cream machines they turned a window that looks like the deli window on the other side but it's now a mongolian wok.

Just clarifying, facing the doors going into the buffet it's on the side that has Guy's Burgers.

Edited by JustCruiseMe

Thanks everyone for your input. I will try to get in line before they open this time around. It sounds like my experience wasn't as bad as others mentioned. While, I'm pretty level headed, the kid bringing more bowls to Grandma would have pushed me over the edge to becoming one mean b%#&@ ;)

Cheers!

HAHAHA I was thinking the same thing.... When I am on a cruise I am way more relax and way more patient than I am when I'm in non-cruise mode. But that little old lady would have made me snap LOL 6 bowls really :eek:? That is someone having no consideration for others who are waiting in line.