What is your favorite Princess cruise food?

thecruiserofships

blu onion soup.

Agree completely! This soup is the reason the Crown Grill is a must-do for us on every cruise.

We had a Thai beef salad on the Crown in January that was so delicious that several at our table ordered two of them.

I LOVE the lasagna with the bechamel...and the noodles taste homemade!

Love the goat cheese souffle, fruit tarts, and the oatmeal for breakfast with brown sugar, raisins, and walnuts. Since I've been off the cruise about 6 weeks now, I have oatmeal nearly every morning (start it in the crockpot at night and it tastes like a Princess breakfast).

That is the kind my husband loves. Can't wait to have it again. I make the traditional kind. Might have to try the fancier one. ;)

After reading this post, I'm searching for a recipe myself.

After reading this post, I'm searching for a recipe myself.

There is really not much difference - take the lasagna you make with a Bolognese sauce, mix up a batch of Béchamel, cut back a bit on the cheese you put between the layers and add a layer of Béchamel on top of the cheese, then the Bolognese, then the noodles, etc.

I love the cheese trolley at Sabatinis, I know it's odd but they serve Gorgonzola (or they did last year!). The cheese board on the MDR is lacking a good blue cheese!

Other than that, Lido deck pizza, fillet mignon or rack of lamb in CG. Prime beef rib in the MDR was also great. I think the cuts of meat offered in the MDR on Princess are the best at sea!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Totally agree about the gorgonzola. In the early evening, the Royal buffet had a wheel of stilton, brie, olives, prosciutto, parmesan sticks, etc to make up a nice antipasto to enjoy with a glass of wine before dinner. Always brought a plate back to the room for a balcony pre dinner snack. I need another cruise now!

The Burrata appetizer and the cheese cart in Sabatini's (yes, I do like cheese!).

The scallops appetizer in the Crown Grill. And the Black and Blue Onion soup there as well.

The Bircher Muesli at breakfast at the International Cafe.

Beef short ribs. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Yummy:):)

and escargot ( double portion always):D:D

Good to know that I am not the only one that double orders the escargot. On one cruise, our server brought me a third order. I didn't order it , but I certainly did eat it. :D I was a little "sluggish" the next day. LOL

lasagna and carbonara? never saw them on a menu but would love too.

We had carbonara at Sabatini's. It was awesome! It was the chef's specialty pasta of the day. Just wish I could get it in the MDR. We got the recipe during the cooking demo, but it didn't come out right.

Edited by bconley351

So does my DH! He adores the sausages and is always so happy that they have the regular sausage and a different type every morning. No other cruise line does that kind of a switch up that we've seen. Also on German night, it's a sausage-lover's dream.

Princess marketing should play up the sausage-fest angle. Especially for the current Spring Break cruises.

DW and I are true foodies and look forward to gourmet cuisine. On Princess, there are quite a few items that make us happy. But if anyone asks us what we like best about Princess food the first thing that comes to mind is Princess PIZZA. There is along pizza tradition on Princess which goes back to when they acquired Sitmar...where pizza was something very special. Princess maintained the tradition of making decent handmade pizza. So yes, we look forward to our Escargot, dessert soufflés, and all that other good stuff...but it is still the pizza that makes us smile.

Hank