Does anyone know the weather for April 5

Anybody know what the stock market will do next week??? :D;)

Assuming you meant the entire west coast of the US? I would not expect shorts weather at sea, maybe only in Southern California, on land.

Otherwise, layering...

Edited by CruiserBruce

Anything from 100's to the mid 60's during the day and 60's to mid 40's at night. Humidity can be anywhere from 30%-100%. Generally San Francisco will be much colder than Los Angeles.

Right now we are clouded in.

Weather can be anything. The key is to dress in layers. The Pacific Northwest can be sunny and warm or very cool and rainy. Yesterday was gorgeous and sunny and a lot of folks were dining outside. Today it is cool and the rain is anywhere from a mist to a downpour. Anything and everything goes. :)

Is anyone familiar with this area and what the weather may be? We are sailing April 5. We are used to the tropics on cruises and I have no idea what type of clothing to pack! Any advice greatly appreciated!

The weather forecast for Planet Earth on 05 April is:

Partly cloudy, chance of rain.

That's also the forecast for every other day of the year.

Wish you had told us what area you were talking about.

Sorry I was vague. Was in dr office trying to concentrate. Let me reword. We will be visiting LA, Anaheim, San Francisco, San Diego and Santa Barbara. I could look up on weather channel, etc., but was wanting someone familiar with the area. Should we pack shorts, jeans, capris, tanks, t shirts, long or short sleeves. Looks like bother is what we need! Will the ocean weather be pants or shorts weather.

All of the above, seriously.

Be an onion, dress in thin layers.

Check weather.com for the forecast but even that isn't reliable.

Edited by SadieN

Sorry I was vague. Was in dr office trying to concentrate. Let me reword. We will be visiting LA, Anaheim, San Francisco, San Diego and Santa Barbara. I could look up on weather channel, etc., but was wanting someone familiar with the area. Should we pack shorts, jeans, capris, tanks, t shirts, long or short sleeves. Looks like bother is what we need! Will the ocean weather be pants or shorts weather.

If you read my reply above, you will see I recommended against shorts at sea, but perhaps in Los Angeles.

Right now we are looking at a wet week next week, at least in Northern California. This could impact Southern California, or maybe not. Either is possible.

When you first asked this question, you were over 12 days out. No weather forecaster likes to go over 7 days. You aren't even at 7 days out right now...

Edited by CruiserBruce

All of the answers are correct. Everyone who answered is very familiar with the April weather.

You can get anything in California in April. The beginning of March we got rain. The middle of March we were pushing 80. Today we are cold and wet.

The only thing we can almost guarantee you not experiencing is snow. But you can get snow in April in some of the mountains to the east of Santa Barbara. Very rare but it has happened.

Edited by SadieN

Hey Sadie! Got an email it's snowing in Mammoth - get back out the skis.

I agree with everyone - layers for our weather pretty much any time of year, especially on the coast. Even if the day is warm, the nights can chill down, especially on the water.

I've gone from my flannel pajamas, to my summer ones, and now I'm back in the flannels. By the end of the weekend, I'll probably be back to summer ones and shorts or maybe not :)

Hey back Fabby! Great news on the snow. We sure do need it.

You're so right about the temp variations during the day. In SoCal we are primarily desert with it's wide temp swings 100F+ days and 50F nights. That can happen anytime Spring or summer, even into fall. At the beaches it isn't as bad, but still need a sweatshirt at night. 80Fs-low 60Fs.

Going up the coast, same variations but they start lower so they go lower.

Love the HS uniform of flip flops, shorts and a pullover hoodie. It just says it all.

San Francisco Bay has multiple micro-climates. And you can often differentiate between the cars of commuters and visitors by spotting the clothes bar across the back seat area of a commuter car. (It's to carry all the different clothes one may need as s/he heads into, through or out of town). ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums