Maho beach?

beachgoerzz

Yes it's great watching the planes come in. Took a cab to Orient Beach then to Maho Beach.

Haven't taken the bus Maho .

How long did the traveling take? I really want to go there and see the planes coming in and out etc, I just want to be sure I time it right to be back on the ship in time. Thanks for your reply :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly either cab or Bus, sometimes the traffic can be bad, but it is worth the trip. Personally go early and then head back to the town to be near the ship. travel time direct to maho can be 20 -40 mins. Personally we hired a car from the port, drove to Maho enjoyed a couple of hours there, and still hit Orient for a relaxed lunch. Although there is a good Bar/Restaurant at Maho so you could stay there longer :D

Edited by ChipLondon

Honestly either cab or Bus, sometimes the traffic can be bad, but it is worth the trip. Personally go early and then head back to the town to be near the ship. travel time direct to maho can be 20 -40 mins. Personally we hired a car from the port, drove to Maho enjoyed a couple of hours there, and still hit Orient for a relaxed lunch. Although there is a good Bar/Restaurant at Maho so you could stay there longer :D

Great to hear that everyone enjoyed this experience! I love watching planes at airports in general so this just looks like an opportunity that I can't pass up!

Been to Maho Beach many times, absolutely love it, was just there on March 17. The landing and taking off of these planes is amazing. You can take a take a taxi from the pier, there are many taxis driver at Maho to take you back to the port, so don't worry. We normally take Bernard's tour, very dependable.

Food is good at the Sunset Bar, if using a credit card for food, minimum charge is $40. Cost of 2 chairs and an umbrella $20.

When Insel Air takes off, they really reeve it up. Depending on where you sit/stand on the beach, be careful of belongings when planes take off as they will be blown into the sea.

Bring a camera!!

Definitely a "must do." It's entertaining. There is the Sunset Beach Bar and Grill there to sit at and enjoy a nice Guavaberry Colada and some food. They have some speakers tied into the Tower so you can hear the planes. It's right at the end of the beach with great views watching the "action." Or you can easily go on the beach and take part.

You can go online and see the flight schedule. Today around 1:00 a KLM 747 landed. The biggest problem is that the bigger airplanes come in the afternoon. But even the small ones are fun to watch.

Edited by papaflamingo

How long did the traveling take? I really want to go there and see the planes coming in and out etc, I just want to be sure I time it right to be back on the ship in time. Thanks for your reply :)

When we went to Maho we didn't want to have to worry about getting back to the ship on time so we booked a tour with Bernards Tours.

We got beach time at Orient, a little bit of shopping in the French capitol Marigot and on to Maho to see the big planes come in. Bernard and his guys know the plane schedules and they also keep up with the traffic situation so no worries about getting back to the ship. And having all the free sodas, water, beer and rum punch you wanted wasn't bad either....:D.

Everyone in St Martin knows Bernard.......great person who has been around a long time!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

When we went to Maho we didn't want to have to worry about getting back to the ship on time so we booked a tour with Bernards Tours.

We got beach time at Orient, a little bit of shopping in the French capitol Marigot and on to Maho to see the big planes come in. Bernard and his guys know the plane schedules and they also keep up with the traffic situation so no worries about getting back to the ship. And having all the free sodas, water, beer and rum punch you wanted wasn't bad either....:D.

Everyone in St Martin knows Bernard.......great person who has been around a long time!!

Thanks so much :)

We just got our confirmation from Bernard for next week! I'm so glad to hear that you had a good experience. My biggest thing as well is getting back on time, so I feel much better knowing that they keep up with traffic and whatnot.

We just got our confirmation from Bernard for next week! I'm so glad to hear that you had a good experience. My biggest thing as well is getting back on time, so I feel much better knowing that they keep up with traffic and whatnot.

Have so much fun!!!!! It certainly is reassuring. Gotta love CC!!!!!!!

Beachgoerzz

Yes sunset grill is a great beach bar. Didn't think the prices where bad at all. When we were there they ran a bucket special.

Plenty of taxi's waiting outside sunset to take cruise pax back.

No worries on getting back to ship.

Sunset has a schedule posted on chalkboard with flight times. Maho should be on everybodies bucket list.

We were there this past Saturday (In our party of seven three of us decided to do this: My mom, an active senior who is a real photography buff, my son 18 who is also into photography big time, and me (53). My husband and dad stayed on the ship. My brother and his girlfriend went to another beach with fewer people for some snorkeling.

The three of us really enjoyed it. Planes are coming in all the time with lots of little ones between the big ones (constant action). It's crowded with cruises in port, but that didn't lessen the experience for us. It's nice that they have the bar there for sodas / sandwiches. The bigger planes come in between 1 and 3 and we were there between 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. // There were tons of vans at the port and by the beach that charge $8 a person to go there and back. With traffic it took maybe 25 or 30 minutes, and that was great for us as we enjoyed looking around.

We got some great pictures and videos. My son has one of those new Go Pros, so it was fun trying that out here. Great time!

We were there Saturday as well. We took the $2 bus from Back street. It took about 30 minutes ton get there and then we took it back. About 30-40 minutes back. We were there about 2 1/2 hours. We waited until 2:55 for the Air France flight which was the biggest of the day. We caught the bus at 3:00 and were on the ship less than an hour later after some quick shopping stops at the port.

We were there Saturday as well. We took the $2 bus from Back street. It took about 30 minutes ton get there and then we took it back. About 30-40 minutes back. We were there about 2 1/2 hours. We waited until 2:55 for the Air France flight which was the biggest of the day. We caught the bus at 3:00 and were on the ship less than an hour later after some quick shopping stops at the port.

Is back street a short walk from the pier? I am thinking of shopping a little before we head out to Maho. Maybe shop a little between ship & back street, catch the bus there and head out to Maho. Also does the bus drop off right at Maho or do you have to walk from the bust stop?

Only asking because we will have 3 kids with us and I don't want to walk forever! (I wouldn't mind if it was just me) Thanks!

We will be there on May 11 (Sunday). According to the KLM schedule a 747 arriving from Amsterdam is scheduled to arrive at 11:00 AM. At what time should we leave the ship in order to catch a cab and be sure not to miss this flight arrival?

~30 minutes to get there from the port.

Is back street a short walk from the pier? I am thinking of shopping a little before we head out to Maho. Maybe shop a little between ship & back street, catch the bus there and head out to Maho. Also does the bus drop off right at Maho or do you have to walk from the bust stop?

Only asking because we will have 3 kids with us and I don't want to walk forever! (I wouldn't mind if it was just me) Thanks!

Walking to back street can take about 20-30 mins with young kids, less time if there are older. Yes, I've seen the buses drop people off right at Maho. Plenty of taxis at Maho to take you back to port. Don't know bus schedule, they are on island time.

Planning to be in St Maarten this coming October and was wondering what the approx. cost would be if we took a cab from the pier to Maho Beach.

Is the cost per person or cab full - we're a party of three people.

Would this one way fare or does it include return to the pier?

Edited by canadiancruiser13

Planning to be in St Maarten this coming October and was wondering what the approx. cost would be if we took a cab from the pier to Maho Beach.

Is the cost per person or cab full - we're a party of three people.

Would this one way fare or does it include return to the pier?

Fare is $6pp one way if there are 6 or more people. Since you'll be only 3, the taxi driver will try to fill the van up with more people. There are plenty of taxis @ Maho to take you back to the ship, so don't worry. Traveling time getting back to the ship will take a little longer than going to Maho.

Going has always been about 20 mins, coming back can take 30-45mins, maybe more, depending on traffic. With the new bridge completed, it's been averaging 30 mins back to port.

How far of a walking distance is Maho from Mullet Bay? Mullet is one beach I might want to swim in (or Orient Bay).

We walked from Mullet to Maho this past Thursday 3/27. It was a pretty easy walk up through the golf course to the Main Street. It took about 10-15 minutes. Stay on the main roads and don't try the trails that go into the bushes or the barricaded road that looks like it goes over there. The lady at Rosie's said to stay out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk