LIVE from the CORAL PRINCESS - March 26th to April 6th

Pia1913

Thanks again for another nice live thread Pia! Can't wait til "we" board the Ocean :D

I always look forward to reading your reviews, but rarely post because I am often at work and can't. Also, I really don't have questions (I've sailed most of Princess's ships), and/or have nothing of importance to say that isn't already covered. But I really enjoy reliving great memories and planning future cruises by reading the experiences of others, and your writing style is fun to read!

Happy Sailing! :)

Enjoy your last day! Can't wait to see how you like the next one. We'll probably have to play catchup after we get home, as we'll be paying for our minutes on the Rotterdam while you are on the Ocean Princess, but we'll be thinking about you!

Hi again from the Coral Princess. Sorry I haven’t posted but the days have been flying by so quickly. We’re heading back to Ft. Lauderdale where the cruise ends Sunday.

The cruise has been great. I would recommend it to anyone. The ship is in fine condition and the food and service have been very good. After 10 days I still think the food is better with more variety than on Holland America. The entertainment is probably not the strongest area, but it’s good enough.

My only complaint is about the timing of the evening shows. More than half the time, including the farewell formal night, the show for late seating passengers was at 6:30 pm. People who want late seating purposely want to begin their evenings later, they don’t want to have to be dressed and ready every night at 6:30 for a show. There was no logical reason I could see for having the formal evening late seating dinner show at 6:30.

The highlight has been The Sanctuary. We basically have had a private lounge area and pool with three attendants waiting on us for the entire cruise. Only 10 people booked for the entire cruise and a few more on sea days. The Sanctuary has been deserted.

No chef’s table dinner since only one other couple expressed an interest. On the previous cruise they had two dinners.

We got to see Pia and Mike receive their champagne for being the top cruisers on board, and at dinner that evening we finished off the bottle.

Dinner last night in Sabatini’s for the second time was another special treat. We tried the lobster and shrimp this time and both were excellent.

We did a few shore excursions but nothing exciting since we’ve been to these ports before. Everyone seemed to be happy with their excursions.

It’s impossible to post pictures here while on the ship, but if you want to see a few you can look at my Facebook page, Hi again from the Coral Princess. Sorry I haven’t posted but the days have been flying by so quickly. We’re heading back to Ft. Lauderdale where the cruise ends Sunday.

The cruise has been great. I would recommend it to anyone. The ship is in fine condition and the food and service have been very good. After 10 days I still think the food is better with more variety than on Holland America. The entertainment is probably not the strongest area, but it’s good enough.

My only complaint is about the timing of the evening shows. More than half the time, including the farewell formal night, the show for late seating passengers was at 6:30 pm. People who want late seating purposely want to begin their evenings later, they don’t want to have to be dressed and ready every night at 6:30 for a show. There was no logical reason I could see for having the formal evening late seating dinner show at 6:30.

The highlight has been The Sanctuary. We basically have had a private lounge area and pool with three attendants waiting on us for the entire cruise. Only 10 people booked for the entire cruise and a few more on sea days. The Sanctuary has been deserted.

No chef’s table dinner since only one other couple expressed an interest. On the previous cruise they had two dinners.

We got to see Pia and Mike receive their champagne for being the top cruisers on board, and at dinner that evening we finished off the bottle.

Dinner last night in Sabatini’s for the second time was another special treat. We tried the lobster and shrimp this time and both were excellent.

We did a few shore excursions but nothing exciting since we’ve been to these ports before. Everyone seemed to be happy with their excursions.

It’s impossible to post pictures here while on the ship, but if you want to see a few you can look at my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/tom.giusto.16?ref=tn_tnmn

Having a suite has been great, but I wouldn’t recommend booking one just to have breakfast in Sabatini’s. It is a special treat with attentive service, but the menu is more limited than the main dining room. And we chose not to start the day with mimosas. I used the thermal suite once. It’s really just a fancy steam room and sauna. If you get a suite, do it for the larger room. If you’re on a budget, I’d recommend The Sanctuary.

Hope to see all of you on a cruise again soon.

Tom.

Edited by giustot

Interesting day for us. Last breakfast at Sabatini’s (they are not open on turnaround day), tour of the Bridge (lots of tech stuff that I don’t understand), and then lunch in the DR with the cruise director and the CC host. Cruise director Dan is new to the job and kind of quiet, but a nice guy who will eventually blossom. Tiago the CC host is not only very good looking, but quite animated. Hamburger and wine; a lot of wine. Happy lunch. ;)

Then it was time for the passenger talent show. Ahem……….the talent show that wasn’t. My prediction was correct. It was cancelled. It was time for the art auction, so we went there. Mike had champagne on top of his lunch vino. More power to him. And would you believe afterwards, he followed all that drinking with hot chocolate? What a combination! :eek:

Gloria: he never even went into the sale. Stayed outside and waited for my report. Since we went after the bridge tour, there were hardly any people in there. Same stuff; less buyers. I bought exactly what you'd expect. Nada

Phil: Can't really tell you about lectures, only that this pirate one was worthless. What happens lots of times is that the lecturer just stands and reads. Hey........I can do that too! I guess you can't win em' all.

So here we are now ready to go to dinner. Just need to put finishing touches on the suitcase that will get put out in about two hours. Thanks for cruising along with us and participating in what was mostly babble.

See you in the morning. I will check in before disembarking.

Pia, how has breakfast been in Sabatini's? Still champagne mimosas and bloody Mary's or not? Thanks!

Hi,

We were on the Coral in Alaska last summer and got upgraded to a suite. I tried to get a Bloody Mary in Sabatini's, and while they didn't tell me "No", I didn't get one. Of course they could get me one, but since we were there early they would have to wait until one of the bars opened, and would then have to go and get it. I suppose that if we had been there later I might have gotten one... don't know. But the mimosas were still available.

Look forward to seeing you there. Maybe we can have some Pizza together to celebrate. Strange as it may seem the worst pizza I ever had was on an Italian cruise ship. On the Coral it does make a difference who is on duty when you get it. Like anything some are better at their job than others.

Phil, Yes we will have to make arrangement to enjoy the Pizzza. See you on the Coral in three weeks. JoAnn

Pia,

Enjoyed reading your live reports. They are very informative especially for someone who has not been on many cruises. Thank you for your dedication in doing these.

We will see you on the Emerald in June cruising the med.

So many remaining minutes and no time to use them. What a shame. ;)

Good morning and welcome to Ft. Lauderdale. We are docked at #21; embarked at #2. Poor people who left their cars in the garage. Now they will have to shuttle. I wonder how many realized this would happen. We knew, because on a Sunday the big Royal gets that spot.

Nothing to report about last night, because as planned, we went nowhere and did nothing. Socialized a bit at final HC dinner and that was it.

I again would like to thank you all for cruising along and will "see" most of you May 7th as we begin our next voyage on the Ocean. You too Jo-Ann. :)

Now off to grab some breakfast with the masses. And no gym today either. Bye.

So many remaining minutes and no time to use them. What a shame. ;)

Good morning and welcome to Ft. Lauderdale. We are docked at #21; embarked at #2. Poor people who left their cars in the garage. Now they will have to shuttle. I wonder how many realized this would happen. We knew, because on a Sunday the big Royal gets that spot.

Nothing to report about last night, because as planned, we went nowhere and did nothing. Socialized a bit at final HC dinner and that was it.

I again would like to thank you all for cruising along and will "see" most of you May 7th as we begin our next voyage on the Ocean. You too Jo-Ann. :)

Now off to grab some breakfast with the masses. And no gym today either. Bye.

Safe short trip home!

Thank you Pia. Having gotten off the Coral as you got on, this was was like re-living our cruise. We had such incredible weather most of the cruise, so sorry yours was so hot and humid. We expected that type of weather but were lucky that is wasn't.

Sorry they canceled the talent show. On our cruise, Tiago did his flag dance. He is very talented, as well as very handsome and quite charming.

Welcome home and thanks again for allowing us to tag alone with you and Mike.

Debbie

For that, I am thankful. There has to be something to be said for life at home, or my spouse would want to live on a ship.

LOL. Mike has been out relaxing on the "Lido" for the past two hours. Or should I call it a patio? He complained there was no ice cream bar where he's now sitting. hahaha.

We're home. And amazingly, this computer works better, the connection is better and minutes are unlimited. :D

See ya.

Pia! You had mentioned port parking and some of the issues associated therewith! When I depart from Pt. Everglades (FLL - airport code) I always use Park 'n Go which is on Eller Drive directly outside the port property. When you book online ahead of time, the rates are pretty nice! About $7.99 and day on the early bookings, and not that much more on later bookings (depending on time of year).

http://www.bookparkngo.com/index.php

I'll be there in November for my Regal sailing (B2B 11/6 - 11/19/2014). Service is perfect and when you sign up you get a member card that keeps track of your stays and after about 10 days you get free day. It can mount up pretty fast.

Also, for short term sailors (not those who are going around the world! :eek: there are some hotels in the port area that will give you free parking and shuttle service to/from the hotel to ship with one night stay! Hilton is one, and I need to check into Marriott to see if they have it also.

Enough rambling! Enjoyed your Live from and will continue to follow you whenever I can find you! :D

Pia! You had mentioned port parking and some of the issues associated therewith! When I depart from Pt. Everglades (FLL - airport code) I always use Park 'n Go which is on Eller Drive directly outside the port property. When you book online ahead of time, the rates are pretty nice! About $7.99 and day on the early bookings, and not that much more on later bookings (depending on time of year).

http://www.bookparkngo.com/index.php

I'll be there in November for my Regal sailing (B2B 11/6 - 11/19/2014). Service is perfect and when you sign up you get a member card that keeps track of your stays and after about 10 days you get free day. It can mount up pretty fast.

Also, for short term sailors (not those who are going around the world! :eek: there are some hotels in the port area that will give you free parking and shuttle service to/from the hotel to ship with one night stay! Hilton is one, and I need to check into Marriott to see if they have it also.

Enough rambling! Enjoyed your Live from and will continue to follow you whenever I can find you! :D

Larry, I live here. I know all the cheapie parking places and the hotels. One of the Marriotts will take you, but you need to get a taxi for return. I think it's Springhill. Rodeway Inn on SR 84 does port shuttle and you can leave your car there. We have done it many times. Not gorgeous, but usually inexpensive and good for one night. Restauant on premises and breakfast included.