RCL/Celebrity port charges not included in pricing

Champagne Cruiser

Has anyone noticed the fare listed online no longer includes the port charges (or taxes). It is now in fine print under the fare. When did this change? I just booked a cruise last week on RCL and the fare still included port charges.

I noticed Princess fares do not include port charges any more.

I don't remember Celebrity listing port fees & taxes in the fare. They have started listing it on the page before you click to book. Once you choose a stateroom there is a "Summary of Charges" link that breaks everything down.

Mary Lou

Up until recently, I had to go through the cabin selection step to find out the fees. I think it is a big improvement to have them listed, fine print or otherwise, on the front page.

With respect to the original question, I have had them go both directions.

One cruise, they went up and later came back down.

As far as cash flow goes, no matter when they come down, even if it is a day after I booked, the money was only returned in the form of refundable OBC.

Art

Edited by ArtM

They should be forced to, just like the airlines were, to list fares "all in".

These fess are subject to change. When a cruise is listed up to two years in advance, there is no way to predict what the fees will be. Besides, the fees are clearly detailed when you open up the booking pages. They are hardly "hidden".

Port%20fees.jpg

Effective March 24, 2014, when Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD brands advertise a cruise fare price, we will also showcase the associated government taxes and fees and non-governmental port expenses. Our new practice was initiated in response to an arrangement with the State of Florida as it relates to disclosure obligations on cruise lines taxes, fees, and port expenses. In addition, the three brands are suspending their practice of reserving the right to impose a fuel supplement charge on new bookings. The language we currently include in our advertisements to reserve that right is being removed. Bookings made on or after that date will not be subject to a fuel supplement for the cruise fare. The brands do reserve the right to reinstitute the fuel supplement right in the future.