Drydock Schedule

alibabacruisers

Nothing has been announced. Unless a ship has an unscheduled repair which requires dry docking it's not going to happen within the coming year. The QM2 was last dry docked in November 2011 and her designer mentioned that Carnival was moving toward a 5-year dry dock schedule.

Others have noticed a 4-week "hole" in QM2's schedule in October 2015 which suggests a docking period then.

Underwatr, I'm not seeing a 4-week hole in QM2's October 2015 schedule. Just at a quick glance, here's what I'm seeing (by no means is this a complete schedule, but it shows no holes). Are you seeing something different :confused:

QM2 voyages in October 2015:

27 Sep 2015 M522N

11 Oct 2015 M524A

11 Oct 2015 M524

20 Oct 2015 M525

22 Oct 2015 M525B

29 Oct 2015 M526

Here is a website that lists cruise ships dry dock/refurbishments: http://www.shipcruise.org/cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule/

Thanks for the link - I didn't know the site existed.

As for the October 2015 "hole" - the US brochure has her on this side of the pond. She arrives in NY September 27. Then a 14 day NY - Canada -NY trip. October 11-20th NY-Hamburg. Oct. 22 Southampton-NY WB.

Maybe these North America voyages are not marketed in the UK where there would be minimal interest. That would explain an apparent gap in her schedule.

She's very unlikely to ever be dry docked in the US outside of some huge mishap. (As happened to QE2 in 1992.) I don't even know where they would take her - Newport News Shipbuilding in Norfolk, Virginia builds aircraft carriers - they might be the only US east coast shipyard that could accommodate her.

Edited by BlueRiband

Thanks for the link. I could not find the drydock schedule for Cunard ships though...am I missing it?

I haven't been able to find future dry dock schedules for Cunard ships either, but the afore mentioned website lists past dry dock/refurbishments.

Seems to me that that after QM2's last dry dock, there was mention of work that wasn't completed, such as replacing the couches, loveseats or whatever you want to call the odd colored upholstered furniture in Britannia cabins...as far as I know, that hasn't happened yet. How many times have those things been around the world anyway? :eek:

Thanks for the link - I didn't know the site existed.

As for the October 2015 "hole" - the US brochure has her on this side of the pond. She arrives in NY September 27. Then a 14 day NY - Canada -NY trip. October 11-20th NY-Hamburg. Oct. 22 Southampton-NY WB.

Maybe these North America voyages are not marketed in the UK where there would be minimal interest. That would explain an apparent gap in her schedule.

?

This is how I see the end September/October schedule on one UK TA's website:

September

20th Westbound TA - 7 nights

20th Southampton, NY, St John, Halifax, Quebec - 14 nights

20th ditto plus Sydney (Canada), Boston, Newport, NY - 21 nights

20th ditto back to Southampton - 28 nights

27th NY, St John, Halifax, Quebec - 7 nights

27th NY, St John, Halifax, Quebec, Sydney, Boston, Newport, New York, Southampton – 21 nights

27th as above NY to NY – 14 nights

October

4th Quebec to Southampton - 14 nights

4th Quebec to NY - 7 nights

11th Eastbound TA - 7 nights

18th Southampton, Hamburg - 2 nights

18th Southampton, Hamburg, Southampton - 4 nights

20th Hamburg, Southampton - 2 nights

22nd Westbound TA - 7 nights

29th Eastbound TA - 7 nights

According to the Cunard website the QM2 will be drydocked in November 2015. There is a 3 week gap in her sailing schedule then.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/refit_schedule

Many thanks for that:

When is the ship's next refurbishment?

Queen Elizabeth is expected to be refurbished on May 2014. Prior to this she was a brand new ship

Queen Victoria is scheduled for refurbishment in November 2015. The previous refurbishment for Queen Victoria was in December 2010.

Queen Mary 2 is scheduled for refurbishment in November 2015. Queen Mary 2 was previously refurbished in December 2011.

Please note that these dates are subject to change.

According to the Cunard website the QM2 will be drydocked in November 2015. There is a 3 week gap in her sailing schedule then.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/refit_schedule

When I checked that I did not know what to call it so searched for "drydock" and of course nothing came up. Thanks for the link showing a new word to search with.... "refit".

Many thanks for that:

When is the ship's next refurbishment?

Queen Elizabeth is expected to be refurbished on May 2014. Prior to this she was a brand new ship

Queen Victoria is scheduled for refurbishment in November 2015. The previous refurbishment for Queen Victoria was in December 2010.

Queen Mary 2 is scheduled for refurbishment in November 2015. Queen Mary 2 was previously refurbished in December 2011.

Please note that these dates are subject to change.

Thank you for saving me the work of going to the link and looking myself...so lazy I am...lol. That is exactly what I wanted to know...QE as we are going on her next year.

Edited by alibabacruisers

It will be interesting to see if any of these rumored structural changes come to pass, e.g. deck 13 suites and filling in her aft end. (I hope not!:()

Yes, it is curious. QM2's last re-fit (24 Nov -6 Dec 2011) lasted 14 days. Apparently her next re-fit (wet dock? dry dock?) in Nov 2015 could take up to 3 weeks. More time than is needed for routine maintenance or cosmetic changes.

I wonder why Cunard/CCL isn't sharing the details about what this "refurbishment" entails.

Wouldn't it have been nice to give the 10 year old QM2 a nice going over before her 10th Anniversary Celebration Voyages this year? I'm sure she'll still look lovely for the occasion, but having her get pampered before the Big Event would have been fitting!

Debjo

Wouldn't it have been fitting for Cunard to give the QM2 a good "going over" prior to the QM2's 10th Anniversary Celebration Sailings this year? I'm sure she'll still look as lovely as ever, but she might have liked a good pampering before marking this milestone in her career! :-)

Debjo