Looking for best cruise for older teens...

happymoes

We are taking 4 teens on a cruise to Caribbean in early June.

The kids are 18,17, 15, and 14....MORE worried about finding a fun

ship for the 18/17 year old girls (graduating from high school).

Which ships would you recommend?

Thanks so much!!:)

My teens loved the NCL Breakaway (15 and 17). NCL is coming out with a few mega-ships. Freestyle dining was great, because they could dine with all of their new friends in a variety of venues (our 3 teens chose to eat with us every night).

Our girls are 15 and 17. We've done numerous cruise lines and they prefer Royal Caribbean and Carnival because these two cruise lines have a much younger age group on board. The Carnival Breeze has the new waterpark on board with several cool water slides including one that is the toilet bowl flush style. There's also an 18 hole mini golf course and a huge game room area called The Warehouse. We cruised the Breezes sister ship the Dream last year and it was our girls favorite cruise so far. Of course Royal will have the rock climbing wall or ice skating. But either of these two lines would be best for teens. :)

Thank you!

I was looking at RC freedom of the seas and RC allure.

Also, carnival breeze.

We've done Freedom twice with teens and they loved it. The flow-rider was a big hit. So many activities and it's a beautiful ship. Plenty to do for every age group. LOVE IT!

• 1 month later...

18 is a tough age on any cruise line. Too old to get into teen club. Too young to drink. But they can gamble and get into the nightclubs (not the 17yo) but are on the young side of everyone there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any of your proposed choices will be fine. If your kids can't find something to do on any cruiseline, then they have a major problem!

The older teens will find others in their age range, and they will do what that age does...look for the opposite sex!

The younger kids will have plenty with the kid's clubs...and that's on ANY ship or cruiseline.

Pick what suits you! You're the one paying for their good time...you should make YOU the priority. They are lucky kids.

I was also going to post that 18 is a tough age. When my oldest DD hit 18, and still had a younger sister in the teen zone, it was really hard. Most of the time they would make friends and do something together away from the teen zone...flow rider, pool rock wall etc with the new friends.

I don't have personal experience, but have read here that if the 18yo is still a high school student they MAY be allowed to join in. It's worth asking about at any rate.