Has Princess cracked down seat savers yet?

puggleperson

One thing I noticed on Princess that amazed me was that they just allowed you take take towels from an open bin. Since there is no accountability, why would people care if they left the towels on the chair? How is anyone to know if the towel was just left there because they were done with it and didn't want to put it in the used towels or if they were actually saving a chair with it? That was going to be line if someone came back...."Since there isn't supposed to be saving of seats, it just looked like an abandoned towel on an empty chair to me."

I agree, I have seen people sitting next to me say they were going to play Bingo, etc. and just get up and leave their towels. We always place our towels in the used towel bin when leaving. Maybe if they placed signs saying please return used towels, it might help a little but there will always be chair hogs.:rolleyes:

• 11 months later...

I agree, 30-60 minutes and you lost your lease! This Jan while in Mexico ( same problem w/palapas on beach) I reserved 4 chairs as friends were joining me in 10 min. I ran to bar, came back & my table by lounger was gone. Saw it at another lounger ( unoccupied) & I grabbed it. An older man who was saving loungers yelled at me saying it was his friends. I said 'funny, I had one just like it 10 minutes ago, and i followed the trail in the sand to it where it mysteriously disappeared!' He said no more!!!

i went to watch a movie on the Golden when i was on it put a towel on chair i chose only due to being by myself and i wanted some food came back towel was gone seat was still free at least :-) next time i got up asked closest person just to let people know it was taken just that i was getting something to drink or eat they were good about it :-)

As annoying as chair hogging is, I just don't think it is worth antagonizing people over. People are more aggressive than ever these days...I just keep on looking. Same for parking spaces. In the big picture, this is small stuff. Also, who actually watches these chairs for over an hour to see if anyone returns? Much better things to do on a cruise...

As annoying as chair hogging is, I just don't think it is worth antagonizing people over. People are more aggressive than ever these days...I just keep on looking. Same for parking spaces. In the big picture, this is small stuff. Also, who actually watches these chairs for over an hour to see if anyone returns? Much better things to do on a cruise...

The 30 minute rule is a fair one to follow. And if someone gets bent out of shape that's their problem. What are they gonna do about it?

Also, who actually watches these chairs for over an hour to see if anyone returns?
I frequently see that people have hogged the chairs by the spa pool for that length of time. It doesn't bother me so much because I go to the pool to enjoy the water, not lie in a chair. But many afternoons on our last cruise there were things left in the chairs by people who never showed up during the time I was there--sometimes up to a couple of hours between the pool, hot tub, and sauna.

Take a photo/video with your smartphone. Time of the photo/video should be on it.Video is better as you can be heard saying the time of the video of the "empty" seat.

Theater hogging-I just sit down and tell the person "saving" seats to get over it.

Possession is 9/10 of the law or the seat.

I would also take a photo of the "regulations" of chair hogging as other posters have put up.

No one,but no one, owns a seat or lounge chair unless they are in the Sanctuary.

I was on the Coral last week and saw the attendant removing towels and moving loungers around. So they are at least trying on that ship.

I got into a dispute with some galoot in Mexico at a resort over saved loungers at the pool. It came close to blows. I have decided it's just not worth it. Jerks will be jerks no matter what. I'm on vacation and will just let the attendants handle it.

A couple of years ago I got up early picked up a cup of coffee and made my way to the deck above the pool. I was sitting there when a man came out loaded down with towels, book, and flip flops.

He would drop an item or two on a two lounges and then look all around to see if anyone was watching.

I started to whistle a little tune and he looked up at me. I was holding my cup in my left hand and my camera in my right hand. I held the camera up high enough so he could see it over the rail.

Any track team in the country would have wanted that guy by the speed he showed leaving the area. :D

Bob

The 30 minute rule is a fair one to follow. And if someone gets bent out of shape that's their problem. What are they gonna do about it?

Perhaps one needs to clip a "Back in 30mins sign card" onto the back of their lounger ;).

Personally I would rather find another chair, as it's not worth the stress.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Take a photo/video with your smartphone. Time of the photo/video should be on it.Video is better as you can be heard saying the time of the video of the "empty" seat.

Theater hogging-I just sit down and tell the person "saving" seats to get over it.

Possession is 9/10 of the law or the seat.

I would also take a photo of the "regulations" of chair hogging as other posters have put up.

No one,but no one, owns a seat or lounge chair unless they are in the Sanctuary.

Ummm, unless the other people in their party made a quick bathroom stop or had to run back to the cabin for something. This is true especially if they are traveling with someone that needs help. You sitting in the chair makes it more wrong then them saving a seat while their spouse is in the bathroom. Since you state you don't ask why they are saving the seat I'm assuming you are judge and jury of taking someone else's seat.

We actually had that happen one time. Mom took the two kids to the bathroom and this old guy comes up to me and tells me to move our stuff because that is where he is going to sit. I say, no. They are in the bathroom. He says, no saving. I say if you sit there I will get the CD and have him physically remove you from our seats. There were drinks on the table so it was obvious someone had been sitting there.

We were on the CB in January and I saw deck attendants removing towels from lounge chairs several times.

We will be boarding the CB in a week so good info and hope they still are doing it. We don't use the loungers so it is not a real issue with us. However we were on a Princess cruise a few years ago and in the late afternoon saw two loungers in the shade and took them. There were four loungers beside us with personal belongings on them but no pax. In front of us in the next row which was in the sun were four older women laying in loungers. We found out that the four loungers next to us belonged to these women as they would occasionally come back to get things out of their bags! In other words they were using 4 loungers in the sun and had four more in the shade reserved. It gave new meaning to chair hogs.

Oh thank you, Caribill!!!! I saw this picture on another thread and have since searched for it. Sure could have some fun with that doll. If she were mine you'd see her all over the ship. I could change her clothes and have her "wait" for me in all sorts of places. You could even take her off the ship! Ah, the possibilities are endless. :D

They would find her being "chatted up" at the bar upon their return with some folks I know.