Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

The NCL website says the H6 has a 78 sq. ft. on Escape, but 257 sq. ft. on Breakaway/Getaway. I seriously hope that this is some sort of mistake, because it'll be less than 1/3 of the size! :eek:

I'm concerned because we purchased a product under the assumption that it would be similar to the H6 aft penthouses we had on Breakaway/Getaway. NCL did a similar when we booked a H7 forward penthouse on Breakaway for May 2013. They originally advertised that it would have a forward facing balcony (which showed up in early renderings of the ship), but we ended up with a little side balcony instead. Although this is one of the risks associated with booking a ship that is still under construction, I still think I'm entitled to wonder aloud about the changes here ;)

We are right there with you - and the concern!! Time will tell...I guess. Watching the photos carefully - as I'm sure you are as well! [emoji6]

Hmmm is this correct?

Mini-Suite with Large Balcony

Featuring a king-size bed, sofa bed and some include an additional pullman bed. With a private balcony, these Mini-suites also offer amazing views.

Accommodates: 3-4

Total Approx. Size: 239 sq. ft.

Balcony Size: 32 sq. ft.

DECK(S)

Forward

CATEGORY

M6

NCL's website shows an M6 is 32 sq feet, way smaller than the M6's on BA/GA.

Not correct?

vs the same page for the Getaway

Mini-Suite with Large Balcony M6

Featuring two beds that convert to a queen, extra bedding for two and a large, private balcony these Mini-suites also offer amazing views. Enjoy the dining and excitement just steps away from The Waterfront.

Accommodates: 3-4

Total Approx. Size: 289-310 sq. ft.

Balcony Size: 103 sq. ft.

Either the web site is off and needs to be updated or the Breakaway + ships M6 will suck and "with large balcony" will need to be removed from advertising.

I should have paid closer attention to the listing. On BA and GA the H6 is posted as Haven aft penthouse with LARGE balcony. On Escape it's just aft penthouse with balcony and the balcony appears to be 1/3 to 1/4 the size of H6 balcony on the 'aways.

Just for reference, this is why some of us here who have cruised in H6 penthouses on Breakaway/Getaway are disappointed. The extreme size of these balconies was, by far, the main selling point of these suites. In the photo there's a snacks/drinks setup for hosting some friends to see the sunset. It looks like this won't be possible on Escape :(

DSC_6908_zps3b29fafd.jpg

Hi everyone! Excited to be following this thread! I have booked our family of 4 in Room 15254. Aside from the possible noise from the buffet above, is the 15th floor a bit too high for a balcony? I have never sailed NCL before, and usually get an oceanview or promenade view room (much lower floors). Do you expect the view will be good? Am I really going to feel movement THAT much more than say the 9th or 10th floor?

Just for reference, this is why some of us here who have cruised in H6 penthouses on Breakaway/Getaway are disappointed. The extreme size of these balconies was, by far, the main selling point of these suites. In the photo there's a snacks/drinks setup for hosting some friends to see the sunset. It looks like this won't be possible on Escape :(

DSC_6908_zps3b29fafd.jpg

It's what we thought we'd be getting on Escape, after viewing all the Youtube videos of the H6 on the Break/Get away. We're probably going to switch our 2017 cruise out of Miami to the Getaway. I'm still excited about sailing on the inaugural trip from Hamburg.

Hi everyone! Excited to be following this thread! I have booked our family of 4 in Room 15254. Aside from the possible noise from the buffet above, is the 15th floor a bit too high for a balcony? I have never sailed NCL before, and usually get an oceanview or promenade view room (much lower floors). Do you expect the view will be good? Am I really going to feel movement THAT much more than say the 9th or 10th floor?

We like being on the upper decks but chose deck 13 instead of 15 because, since we are on the starboard side forward, the wing of the bridge sticks out and blocks the view looking towards the bow. Deck 13 looks like we can see straight forward under the bridge. So excited...this will be the newest ship we've been on. I've been on quite a few other ships but coming back to NCL always feels like 'coming home' since my first cruise ever was on NCL's Norway.

Edited by Diver2014

DSC_6908_zps3b29fafd.jpg

New forum member here. :)

I'm also a little disappointed in the H6 balcony size (especially compared to the Getaway/Breakaway H6 balcony size). When I booked on the Escape, my main concern was the stateroom configuration. I couldn't use the GA/BA spreadsheet as a reference and as far as I know, there isn't any info for the H6 room configuration for Escape. I prefer the "Configuration A" on the GA/BA (bed near the balcony/no window in the bathroom) but my cruise is so far out, my NCL agent is confident that I can change decks if I am in the wrong configuration.

On the plus side, the aft-balconies on Escape don't seem to require a support pole. :rolleyes:

I got nothing ... just excited to cruise the Escape! Eeeeeeeeee!!:):):)

ditto! Gosh, I'm so worried about the size of my balcony and if I can afford to pay for room service, which I've never used before, that I can hardly sleep at night!!!:D:D:D

DSC_6908_zps3b29fafd.jpg

Breakaway room 9916 :D, we had it in Dec. and decorated the column with battery operated Christmas lights :D

Remember on the Breakaway not all aft facing suites have balconies this deep. Some of the aft facing decks have a quite shallow balcony.

Edited by P&Lcruising

First let me say I am happy to be cruising. :-) I booked a B1 on deck 12 of the Escape thinking it would be a larger balcony based to the category description "large aft balcony". I am a novice and can not really tell the balcony size from the pictures posted. Will the B1 on the Escape be larger than the BA on the Getaway? Thanks!

First let me say I am happy to be cruising. :-) I booked a B1 on deck 12 of the Escape thinking it would be a larger balcony based to the category description "large aft balcony". I am a novice and can not really tell the balcony size from the pictures posted. Will the B1 on the Escape be larger than the BA on the Getaway? Thanks!

According to cruisedeckplans, the Escape B1 balconies range in size from 55 to 168 sq ft, depending upon which deck you're on. On the BA/GA the BA balconies are 35 sq ft.

Can anyone comment on a room being near the elevators and noise levels or if there are any noise problems? Currently I have us booked in room 5142 on the Escape. Its near the elevators on level 5, also the same floor as the kids area.

Here's a link to free site drag it decks ..... use the elevators to link up the decks

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Escape&zoom=1

The convenient location, big bathroom, two closets and size of the family oceanviews is just great. Our first stateroom lower category than balcony and we have them booked for both Breakaway to Bermuda and the Escape.

The smallest H6 balcony on the BA/GA is 225 sq ft. The biggest on Escape is 75 square feet. And yeah, Diver2014, we get it that you don't care. Many people do, though.

oooh, so sorry, I must have touched a nerve!

Remember on the Breakaway not all aft facing suites have balconies this deep. Some of the aft facing decks have a quite shallow balcony.

Don't worry yourself, I'm well aware of this ;) I've stayed in several different H6 layouts on different decks. I just got off Breakaway, and we had this H6 on deck 11. Regardless, the photo from Escape seems to show aft balconies that are even smaller than the smallest ones (deck 13) on Breakaway and Getaway.

DSC_1861_zps77k4woo5.jpg

It does sort of seem like the numbers might be a mistake. If you study the #10 deck plans, the M1 shows a balcony size of 210 feet, but the H6 is only 78. But LOOK at the rooms all lined up there. Unless the M1 cabin itself is much shorter/doesn't jut out, it just seems like the numbers are not right.

oooh, so sorry, I must have touched a nerve!

No your being flippant. :cool:

I booked an M6 on Escape and if its not a bigger balcony then what's the point? So I care about the reported size of balconies and the realities.

So is an M6 with large balcony on Escape not an M6 with large balcony but an M6 with a standard tiny balcony? Fortunately I have plenty of time to cancel if need be.

I agree with Dachshundsrule, the numbers can't be correct as listed if the ship is at all similar to the BA and GA in any appreciable way.