Bermuda out of Bayonne

Bcshur

The schedule hasn't been released yet. Quantum is expected to be doing that itinerary. It will likely be the 5 day Bermuda alternating with the 9 day Caribbean that Explorer is doing now.

(Try looking at Celebrity Summit, 7 days from Bayonne to Bermuda. It'll probably be less expensive than Quantum for 2 additional days, and we were VERY pleasantly surprised with how much we enjoyed our Summit cruise. It was really outstanding, especially with regard to the quality/quantity of live music available all over the ship. And, the demographics were the same as Explorer (ie: not old fogey))

Edited by DonnaK

According to information presented last week by Adam Goldstein, the Quantum itineraries past April '15 are still several weeks from being released.

As you are located in PA, as an alternative, perhaps you could consider RCI Grandeur out of Baltimore, which offers a 7-night Bermuda itinerary during those summer months.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks everyone!

We absolutely loved the one out of Bayonne to Bermuda. We are also looking into the Baltimore one. I wish they would keep the 5 days out of Bayonne to Bermuda. I am assuming Quantum is going to be very pricey for that same 5 day cruise to Bermuda. Does anyone know where Explorer is going?

Thanks everyone!

We absolutely loved the one out of Bayonne to Bermuda. We are also looking into the Baltimore one. I wish they would keep the 5 days out of Bayonne to Bermuda. I am assuming Quantum is going to be very pricey for that same 5 day cruise to Bermuda. Does anyone know where Explorer is going?

I would expect - as with any new ship - the prices will likely be higher with Quantum. But as the itineraries are not yet issues, it is unclear whether the same Explorer ones will be maintained or if others similar to the current ones through April '15 will be offered as well. Plus there is an issue with the channel into Bermuda needing dredging to accommodate Quantum which has yet to be resolved.

Stay tuned, I guess.....

Explorer is initially headed to FL when Quantum arrives in Bayonne.

I thought I had read a while back that Quantum was too large for the channels in Bermuda.

Correct - and that is an issue still under discussion between RCI and the Bermuda government. IMO that is likely the reason the itinerary release has been delayed.

The schedule hasn't been released yet. Quantum is expected to be doing that itinerary. It will likely be the 5 day Bermuda alternating with the 9 day Caribbean that Explorer is doing now.

(Try looking at Celebrity Summit, 7 days from Bayonne to Bermuda. It'll probably be less expensive than Quantum for 2 additional days, and we were VERY pleasantly surprised with how much we enjoyed our Summit cruise. It was really outstanding, especially with regard to the quality/quantity of live music available all over the ship. And, the demographics were the same as Explorer (ie: not old fogey))

Hi Donna, We are actually looking at the summit for this August. The convenience of driving to port and hopefully good fares for a last minute booking. Can you tell me what you liked about the ship and how was your sailing/weather? Thanks!

Edited by maggieq

I am hoping so!!!!! Otherwise it's back to flying to port for me.

Hi Donna, We are actually looking at the summit for this August. The convenience of driving to port and hopefully good fares for a last minute booking. Can you tell me what you liked about the ship and how was your sailing/weather? Thanks!

The Summit is one of my favorites. My wife and I loved our cruise on the summit to Bermuda and that was before she was refurbed and upgraded! Go for it. I found the service and food to be several notches above my last RCCL sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

7 days to Bermuda. 5 is much to short to see what Bermuda has to offer. :)

I completely agree. On a 4 day, you're really only in Bermuda for a little over 36 hours. We've done Grandeur out of Baltimore to Bermuda several times over the years, and I'll be sailing on Grandeur in May with my BFF. It's about a 3 hour drive to Baltimore for us, but we go to Baltimore the day before to enjoy the Inner Harbor and eat at one of the restaurants in Little Italy.

Correct - and that is an issue still under discussion between RCI and the Bermuda government. IMO that is likely the reason the itinerary release has been delayed.

I agree with this as well. I was the one at the hangout that asked Adam G about the Quantum itinerary to Bermuda past April 2015. I am anxious to see that sailing happen

On another note I too have sailed to Bermuda on Summit and very much enjoyed that cruise and Summit last August.

Maggie, we thought the food and service were outstanding. More attentive than on our recent RCI cruises. But it was really the live music that blew us away. The production shows were better quality, with larger troupes. There were 3 of them on a 7 day cruise, plus the singers and dancers gave an additional concert of their favorite tunes, and an additional jam session with the other musicians around the ship. We just thought that the entertainment was a notch above, across the board, and especially in the smaller venues around the ship. Also, we liked the quality of the activities offered - there was a brunch in the MDR on the last morning that was amazing! There was a galley tour, Q and A with the officers, and other things that we were happy to participate in. (Our favorite was a "Chopped" like competition)

On drawback on Summit is the design and offerings at the buffet. It wasn't awful, but definitely not as good as the Windjammer. (In the afternoons, there is an ice cream bar open just inside the entrance of the buffet - this beats the self-serve frozen concoction that RCI offers. The cinnamon ice cream was to die for!)

We went the last week of August, and the weather was perfect!

Celebrity is offering a "choose your extra" deal now, where they will give you a premium beverage package (or included gratuities) for free. It's a great deal.

We are thinking of canceling our Quantum cruise and switching to the Summit. (We aren't happy with the new dining program, as we really love traditional dining and the MDR experience)

Edited by DonnaK

I agree with this as well. I was the one at the hangout that asked Adam G about the Quantum itinerary to Bermuda past April 2015. I am anxious to see that sailing happen

On another note I too have sailed to Bermuda on Summit and very much enjoyed that cruise and Summit last August.

It has also been reported that a resolution is near with their discussions which may support the delay in releasing the itineraries as they may want to release them with Bermuda as a stop. If they were not near to a resolution or already knew that the port of call would not take place near term they could have already released itineraries without Bermuda as a stop.

Only pure speculation.....

Maggie, we thought the food and service were outstanding. More attentive than on our recent RCI cruises. But it was really the live music that blew us away. The production shows were better quality, with larger troupes. There were 3 of them on a 7 day cruise, plus the singers and dancers gave an additional concert of their favorite tunes, and an additional jam session with the other musicians around the ship. We just thought that the entertainment was a notch above, across the board, and especially in the smaller venues around the ship. Also, we liked the quality of the activities offered - there was a brunch in the MDR on the last morning that was amazing! There was a galley tour, Q and A with the officers, and other things that we were happy to participate in. (Our favorite was a "Chopped" like competition)

On drawback on Summit is the design and offerings at the buffet. It wasn't awful, but definitely not as good as the Windjammer. (In the afternoons, there is an ice cream bar open just inside the entrance of the buffet - this beats the self-serve frozen concoction that RCI offers. The cinnamon ice cream was to die for!)

We went the last week of August, and the weather was perfect!

Celebrity is offering a "choose your extra" deal now, where they will give you a premium beverage package (or included gratuities) for free. It's a great deal.

We are thinking of canceling our Quantum cruise and switching to the Summit. (We aren't happy with the new dining program, as we really love traditional dining and the MDR experience)

Thanks Donna!

*nod* Off-hours, it was sometimes hard to find where food actually was, since it seemed like little sections of the area would be open, then that would close and something else would open up elsewhere. I'm sure it makes it easy to make sure sections get cleaned regularly, but the whole "Oops, it's after 9. No more burgers, just pizza now around the corner and out of sight from here" thing took a lot of getting used to.