??????????

delidan

For working to cruise, everyone understood the question , thank you

That's not the point Working 2 Cruise was trying to make.

One of the guidelines that Cruise Critic has is to be specific as possible in the title of your thread. This assists other members in determining on if they want to click on it or not based on the subject matter of that thread. If everyone titled their threads with a bunch of ?????? it wouldn't be very helpful to the rest of us. Thanks for understanding and helping us out. ;)

:D

Not when we went.

No. They don't no matter what the website says.

For what it's worth, I was told the same thing both here on CC and by Princess prior to my 4 night Ruby cruise last month. Yet, on night 2, they had a formal night. They called it "Dress to Impress" or something like that.

For what it's worth, I was told the same thing both here on CC and by Princess prior to my 4 night Ruby cruise last month. Yet, on night 2, they had a formal night. They called it "Dress to Impress" or something like that.

Apparently "Dress to Impress" is optional. You can still wear smart casual to the MDR.

You know thats why I hesitate to post a definitive answer when this question comes up. Because they don't officially say that its a formal night. Kind of strange because by the time you get onboard formal options would be somewhat limited. :(

Princess changed the website between when we booked our 4-night cruises on the Ruby and when we sailed. When we booked, it still showed one formal night on 4-night cruises. Now it doesn't. Our Cruise Personalizer showed all the nights smart casual. I guess they added the "dress to impress" night for those who enjoy getting dressed up for formal night so they wouldn't look too out of place.

The biggest shock to me was that they allowed shorts in the dining room at night.

Apparently "Dress to Impress" is optional. You can still wear smart casual to the MDR.

Correct. On the Ruby a little over a week ago there was everything from formal wear to "cruise ship casual" (bummy) in the plaza and dining rooms.

Princess changed the website between when we booked our 4-night cruises on the Ruby and when we sailed. When we booked, it still showed one formal night on 4-night cruises. Now it doesn't. Our Cruise Personalizer showed all the nights smart casual. I guess they added the "dress to impress" night for those who enjoy getting dressed up for formal night so they wouldn't look too out of place.

The biggest shock to me was that they allowed shorts in the dining room at night.

Oh no! How could anyone imagine that wearing shorts to the MDR in the evening is appropriate behaviour? I certainly don't want to be sitting along the bench seat near someone's hairy kneecaps. It would put me off my meal.

Joking aside, Princess dining room staff should enforce the dress code. There are plenty of other dining options where shorts might be acceptable, but not in the MDR, please. Surely they wouldn't turn up to a smart, full service restaurant at home dressed like that?

Edited by Flainefan

The dress to impress night on our Ruby 4-day (3/20-24) included the formal photographers in the Atrium, plus the balloon drop.

Same here.

You know thats why I hesitate to post a definitive answer when this question comes up. Because they don't officially say that its a formal night. Kind of strange because by the time you get onboard formal options would be somewhat limited. :(

That's why I was frustrated. I like to dress according to code and if I knew there was going to be a formal night, I would have packed appropriate attire. I can't blame CC members for posting what they experienced, but I do blame Princess for telling me there was no formal night. But that's ok, the MDR was utter chaos on our cruise, so my buffet dinner was much better anyways.

everyone understood the question , thank you

That's not the point Working 2 Cruise was trying to make.

One of the guidelines that Cruise Critic has is to be specific as possible in the title of your thread. This assists other members in determining on if they want to click on it or not based on the subject matter of that thread. If everyone titled their threads with a bunch of ?????? it wouldn't be very helpful to the rest of us. Thanks for understanding and helping us out. ;)

:D

Delidan, the point is that you're bound to have better luck having people check out your thread if you put the specific question (maybe: Are there formal nights on a 4-day cruise?) in your subject title. Putting a bunch of question marks or even titling your thread "I have questions" isn't helpful to those who want to help you.