General price drop April 1st?

I just got off the phone with RC, BTW no wait time at this hour, and got a $23 adjustment for our trip in August. It may not be much but something is better than nothing.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Forums mobile app

Keep watching, I am pretty sure it will change in your favor again.

I booked the kids free fare yesterday and saved $254 compared to today's prices. That is the only reason I booked the Enchantment of the Seas for this June. Everything is so expensive over the summer.

I just got off the phone with RC, BTW no wait time at this hour, and got a $23 adjustment for our trip in August. It may not be much but something is better than nothing.

What phone number did you call ?

I just called the main one on there website. The lady I spoke to said that it had calmed down there.

If the sale ends and the prices for the 1st and 2nd person drops and you call to get the lower price, you can't just get the new prices for the 1st and 2nd pax.

You must get the new pricing for every person in the cabin, so the 3rd and 4th person would no longer be free and would probably cost you just as much if not more.

Bill

Ahh, okay, that makes more sense now. Thanks for the answer. :)

Wow, prices change fast. This afternoon, the 3rd and 4th persons were still marked as free on the website. Now at almost 5pm, 3rd and 4th prices are listed again @ $399 each.

I'm on NOS on Oct 19 in a category M inside. I was looking to upgrade to one of the new Panoramic Ocean Views since, for 4 people, it was $2300-ish. Now it's back to $2800+. OUT!

A drop of $360pp for my June 8th cruise happened, but since we are past final payment day, RC won’t do anything:mad:. And if I cancel and rebook I will only save about $100 after you figure in cancelation fee and loss of free OBC I received in original booking:mad:. Not worth it to me. Hoping if my TA calls and bug them enough they will finally give up and throw down some more OBC. Moral of my story is, I still am planning on having a ton o fun in the sun:D:cool:.

I booked three of us in a balcony during the sale for the 3rd and 4th passenger, figured that was as good a deal as I would get. (I just got the 3rd passenger for the cost of port fees/taxes, I didn't have another person going.) Well, I checked this morning, and it was $100 less for the three of us in the same category room today without the 3rd person "free" deal. No big deal to me, but the 3rd and 4rth passenger sail free deal isn't always a "deal". I surfed around while I was shopping, and some sailings seemed like a good deal, and others did not. I have always felt cruise pricing to be fickle. If I find a deal I like, I run with it. If the price goes down and I can get a little better deal, then that is the gravy as they say.

Happy sailing!

I want to sail on Navi on May 25th.

the prices are still $644 for the lowest inside cabin.

Go figure MINE would not drop !!!

:rolleyes:

the oasis sailing and the freedom sailing i was looking at didnt drop either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's see...for an August sailing on the NOS via the scam promotion, we booked a 7-day cruise consisting of a D2 Balcony and a N Interior right across the hall. Total of 4 people. Total price with fees/taxes was less than $3100. That was a heck of a deal!

November Allure sailing. Sister, her hubby and two kids were in a cat L room. I had watched prices religiously, and got their price dropped every time it was cheaper to do so. Even still, the kids sail free promo saved her $500. It would have been even more but I waited till after the first weekend to call and get it done and the price went up about $100. So some it saved, some it didn't.

Sorry but for some cruises it wasn't a scam! I had booked LOS in Sept for the Mediterranean end of Jan for $3802 inside cabin for 4 as of now my cost is $2202 between 3/4 guest sail free and then a price drop! I am happy! Prices have not dropped anymore as of now!

November Allure sailing. Sister, her hubby and two kids were in a cat L room. I had watched prices religiously, and got their price dropped every time it was cheaper to do so. Even still, the kids sail free promo saved her $500. It would have been even more but I waited till after the first weekend to call and get it done and the price went up about $100. So some it saved, some it didn't.

i saw a lot of great prices for kids sail free...but alas, i have no kids, and doubt i could get two other people to go with us, in addition to getting DH to agree to sharing. so the promo just wasnt one for us, but it was a great deal for some people and some cruises

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your final payment date hasn't passed, call and get a price adjustment.

Sent from my ME302KL using Forums mobile app

I called and there's nothing they will do. It seems that a new promo started today which resulted in lower pricing for new bookings only. If they did give me that price I would have lost my balcony discount resulting in a loss.

I hope they don't exstend the scam, sorry I mean sale.

Please help me understand how my booking was a scam. We booked a G1 OV cabin on the Vision, sailing 12/13/14 from Tampa. We paid $499 per person for 2 adults, and taxes and fees of $86.77 per person for 4 adults, totalling $1,345.08 for 4 people. Thats about $48 per day per person, excluding gratuities. Our recent sailings on the Oasis and Allure were $135 per person per day. Yeah, not the same level ship, but using it as a comparison.

Today, that same cabin is available for $579 per person, less a $100 promo.

So, making a blanket statement that it is a scam seems inappropriate and quite unfair.

Did they raise the prices at some point? Maybe and probably. But, this is RCCL. Home of the $100,000 cabin. Come on, they raise and lower prices all the time.

Is it a scam? Don't think so. If you don't like the price, don't book.

Please help me understand how my booking was a scam. We booked a G1 OV cabin on the Vision, sailing 12/13/14 from Tampa. We paid $499 per person for 2 adults, and taxes and fees of $86.77 per person for 4 adults, totalling $1,345.08 for 4 people. Thats about $48 per day per person, excluding gratuities. Our recent sailings on the Oasis and Allure were $135 per person per day. Yeah, not the same level ship, but using it as a comparison.

Today, that same cabin is available for $579 per person, less a $100 promo.

So, making a blanket statement that it is a scam seems inappropriate and quite unfair.

Did they raise the prices at some point? Maybe and probably. But, this is RCCL. Home of the $100,000 cabin. Come on, they raise and lower prices all the time.

Is it a scam? Don't think so. If you don't like the price, don't book.

OK, this is your example. Now I will give you my examples that I am aware of. My cruise is on 6/28/14 on Oasis. Before the promo I booked a inside for $949 per person. During the promo same cabin $1399 per person. If I booked a 3rd and 4th it was over $3500. I am sure there are people that saved money but if you saved $500 on a $3000 cruise that is not 3rd and 4th free. The fact is all prices went up before the promo and 12:00 midnight on April 1st they started to come down. My post on March 31st indicated that would happen and I am not a genius to figure that out. Stay tuned because the prices will keep coming down for the next few weeks and my cruise will be back to $949.

We are looking at an October or November Easter Carib cruise. We are a family of four, two kids. We would love to sail on Royal Caribbean, having sailed a few times on Carnival. I watched the "kids sale free", and saw the prices jump for 1/2 passengers, so an inside alone was over $1900. Today, that same inside is about $2400. The 1/2 pax price has not dropped any on these cruises. I sure hope they do, or we will have to go back to Carnival where we can get a balcony for this price. Sure wish we knew if prices would go back down or not!

OK, this is your example. Now I will give you my examples that I am aware of. My cruise is on 6/28/14 on Oasis. Before the promo I booked a inside for $949 per person. During the promo same cabin $1399 per person. If I booked a 3rd and 4th it was over $3500. I am sure there are people that saved money but if you saved $500 on a $3000 cruise that is not 3rd and 4th free. The fact is all prices went up before the promo and 12:00 midnight on April 1st they started to come down. My post on March 31st indicated that would happen and I am not a genius to figure that out. Stay tuned because the prices will keep coming down for the next few weeks and my cruise will be back to $949.

That 949 price was way back in October and only lasted two days when it jumped to 1209 for the next two months, then went up and down by $100 or so. And yes, changes are as they always do on a ship that size, they will drop to probably well below the 949.

I save $1800 on the kids sail free. We had to cancel and rebook our Greek Isle trip in October to get it, but it was worth losing the $400 obc to get it.