General price drop April 1st?

That 949 price was way back in October and only lasted two days when it jumped to 1209 for the next two months, then went up and down by $100 or so. And yes, changes are as they always do on a ship that size, they will drop to probably well below the 949.

I save $1800 on the kids sail free. We had to cancel and rebook our Greek Isle trip in October to get it, but it was worth losing the $400 obc to get it.

Pertaining to your cruise, did the 3rd and 4th really cruise for free or did you save $1800? There is a big difference. I don't think your 3rd and 4th cruised free. Correct me if I am wrong. I also think that its great that you saved $1800. Now pertaining to my cruise, I am not sure what your point is other then letting us know that you use the same monitoring system that I use.

Edited by tomahawk246

You are mixing up promotions.

The kids cruise free when you pay FULL price for the adults.

Obviously the $949 you are throwing around was some other promotion price, not FULL price.

I know this as I called both RCCL and CCL to get the details of the kids sail free promotion from both of them.

I ended up reserving two rooms with RCCL. I was charged the absolute FULL price for one adult in both an interior room and a balcony room. This was a higher rate than other promotions would charge for just a single. Then in addition, they charged me the taxes/fees for one additional person in each room.

Notice that I am stressing FULL price above.

Edited by Badfinger

Of the four cruises I have booked:

One went from a small interior cabin to a D2 balcony for $75 dollar more

Second one had gone up $300 for two

Third one I saved about $100 but no upgrade

Fourth stayed exactly the same.

It was worth checking, for sure! Had I only had one of the cruises above booked I would either be ecstatic, happy I booked earlier, pleased or confused why the fuss about a sale depending on which cruise i had called about.

YMMV.

OK, this is your example. Now I will give you my examples that I am aware of. My cruise is on 6/28/14 on Oasis. Before the promo I booked a inside for $949 per person. During the promo same cabin $1399 per person. If I booked a 3rd and 4th it was over $3500. I am sure there are people that saved money but if you saved $500 on a $3000 cruise that is not 3rd and 4th free. The fact is all prices went up before the promo and 12:00 midnight on April 1st they started to come down. My post on March 31st indicated that would happen and I am not a genius to figure that out. Stay tuned because the prices will keep coming down for the next few weeks and my cruise will be back to $949.

According to my information, your cabin on the 6/28/14 Oasis sailing is probably a N cabin that you booked in October, 2014. Based on available prices currently, that's quite a good price. Based on the price immediately before and after you booked, it was a good price. So good, in fact, I would be concerned that it too is a scam, and you should cancel! Clearly your cabin couldn't have had its price lowered due to a sale, so it must have been a scam, right? Yeah, it was a scam, er sale......

See, if its a scam when they raise prices, then it too should be a scam when they lower them for some nefarious reason.

That cabin's price has changed at least 7 times since you booked, sometimes up, sometimes down. Definitely sounds like a scam to me.

Anyone with any kind of awareness of cabin prices, especially at RCCL, knows that a sale may be too good to be true. Maybe. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. Just all depends. Timing, ship, capacity, empty cabins, the whim of the IT guys/gals.... who knows. Its hardly a scam. They are offering to the public a service at a stated price. If you don't like the price, don't spend the money.

If it were a scam, you'd pay your money and get nothing in return. My bet, people who book will get their cabin and their cruise and have a great vacation.

EVERY vacation I've ever taken, there was likely someone who paid less than I. Was I scammed? I don't think so. There were also probably people who paid more than I did.

According to my information, your cabin on the 6/28/14 Oasis sailing is probably a N cabin that you booked in October, 2014. Based on available prices currently, that's quite a good price. Based on the price immediately before and after you booked, it was a good price. So good, in fact, I would be concerned that it too is a scam, and you should cancel! Clearly your cabin couldn't have had its price lowered due to a sale, so it must have been a scam, right? Yeah, it was a scam, er sale......

See, if its a scam when they raise prices, then it too should be a scam when they lower them for some nefarious reason.

That cabin's price has changed at least 7 times since you booked, sometimes up, sometimes down. Definitely sounds like a scam to me.

Anyone with any kind of awareness of cabin prices, especially at RCCL, knows that a sale may be too good to be true. Maybe. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. Just all depends. Timing, ship, capacity, empty cabins, the whim of the IT guys/gals.... who knows. Its hardly a scam. They are offering to the public a service at a stated price. If you don't like the price, don't spend the money.

If it were a scam, you'd pay your money and get nothing in return. My bet, people who book will get their cabin and their cruise and have a great vacation.

EVERY vacation I've ever taken, there was likely someone who paid less than I. Was I scammed? I don't think so. There were also probably people who paid more than I did.

Again All that you proved here is that you use the same tracking system that I use. The fact of the matter is that I actually payed $828 because I also received a resident of RI discount. Now since your tracking my cruise, take a survey and ask people who received a 3rd and 4th free if I got scammed. They all saved money but they did not receive anything free.

There were definitely some price increases that coincided with KSF, but there were also some very good deals to be had.

For example, on my August Freedom sailing, many categories were still at their original price from when bookings opened. Prices didn't creep up until a few days later as supply dwindled. There were plenty of JS available when the sale started, none available when it ended, although a couple have recently become available again at a slightly lower price than in the middle of the sale, but more expensive than the initial price which I paid..

We got a JS for 4 people during the sale for less than a D1 for 4 before the sale.

There were definitely some price increases that coincided with KSF, but there were also some very good deals to be had.

For example, on my August Freedom sailing, many categories were still at their original price from when bookings opened. Prices didn't creep up until a few days later as supply dwindled. There were plenty of JS available when the sale started, none available when it ended, although a couple have recently become available again at a slightly lower price than in the middle of the sale, but more expensive than the initial price which I paid..

We got a JS for 4 people during the sale for less than a D1 for 4 before the sale.

So unfortunate you had to be scammed that way. I hope you enjoy the scam in August.

:eek:

:D

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

So unfortunate you had to be scammed that way. I hope you enjoy the scam in August.

:eek:

:D

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. We are very much looking forward to our August scam. We've never been on a Freedom class ship before.

I booked Allure for 7/13 a few weeks ago at $1139 for a Central Park View cabin. Been checking and price dropped on the 1st to 1089. I called yesterday and got in at the lower rate. Good thing I didn't wait any longer because today the rate has jumped to $1349.

Thought it was just me. I am looking for a 5-7 day Caribbean cruise in May. I usually sail Celebrity but since they leave at the end of April, I thought we'd take RCCL. What is with the prices? In most cases they are almost $100 pp per night even for an inside.

I can wait and will wait until about 2 weeks before we cruise but I sure hope the prices come down. I wish I could go in April as Celebrity has some awesome rates. RCCL just seems artificially high right now.

If I can find a decent rate we'll just take a land vacation since we have a 10 day cruise already scheduled in December.