General price drop April 1st?

How is it a scam? 3rd and 4th person sail free, you only pay taxes and port fees and free upgrade.

Yes but the prices are highly inflated to compensate

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by liljay6915

How is it a scam? 3rd and 4th person sail free, you only pay taxes and port fees and free upgrade.

Perhaps your booking was one that had a genuine value -some did - but it was reported that with many itineraries, the 1st and 2nd passenger rates in staterooms with 3rd & 4th passenger configurations was significantly higher than the standard 1st and 2nd passenger rates in similar staterooms configured for 2 passengers only.

The net result was much of the typical cost of the 3rd and 4th passenger was actually absorbed in the increased 1st and 2nd passenger rates, and the actual final cost was not significantly lower than normally adding the 3rd and 4th passengers without the promo. We did a mock Oasis booking that proved this to be the case.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

With regards to our booking for August 2014, on Enchantment, we are paying about the same price we did last November for the exact same cabins. We booked before the sale and rebooked with the sale and saved about $600 per cabin from our original booking.

HI, We see that many posts have reported inflated prices. We got a 13 day transatlantic leaving May 4, 2014 on Indy during the 3rd and 4th free sale, on March 16th, 2014 for $465.00 per person cost each person X 2 in a 327 sq ft. Family promenade stateroom. Saw it at o' dark thirty in the early morning hours on the Royal site. We don't have the 3rd and 4th persons to go with us so just two are going. We were pleasantly surprised at the deal we got and continue to be based on all the posts of inflated prices.

With regards to our booking for August 2014, on Enchantment, we are paying about the same price we did last November for the exact same cabins. We booked before the sale and rebooked with the sale and saved about $600 per cabin from our original booking.

Silly question... I'm still learning about all this stuff so I have no idea if my thought is accurate.... but if the prices drop after the sale is over wouldn't the people (who have not made final payment) be able to call and ask the price be dropped? Or do any of the 3rd/4th person free rates restrict further adjustments. I'm definitely hoping for drops eventually... sure would like to pay less than I have booked for Oct 2015. Lol I have a lot of days to make "fake bookings" to check.

Cannot WAIT for this "kids sail free" sale to be over. It is the same with the "get an OV for the price of an inside" or the "wow" sale. All they do is jack the prices up until it is over. I am totally expecting sales on summer short cruises to appear like they do every year now that this sale is over. Will really start checking probably 2x a day starting tomorrow to hit some decent prices.

Yes but the prices are highly inflated to compensate

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Except that I got a lower price on my cruise and was able to upgrade for less than I originally paid.

Stay tuned, my guess is everything goes down in the next few days. If they don't go down Royal will be cruising with a lot of empty ships. The prices right now are double from last year on most cruises. People will jump to other cruise lines when they can get a balcony for a price that can't even get you on a Royal ship. I am not concern because I am on Oasis on the July 4th week for 828.00 per person. Try and get that in the last month with the big sale.

Edited by tomahawk246

Stay tuned, my guess is everything goes down in the next few days. If they don't go down Royal will be cruising with a lot of empty ships. The prices right now are double from last year on most cruises. People will jump to other cruise lines when they can get a balcony for a price that can't even get you on a Royal ship. I am not concern because I am on Oasis on the July 4th week for 828.00 per person. Try and get that in the last month with the big sale.

really hoping for prices to go down...will wait a couple weeks, but if they don't i think we are going to try NCL or CCL...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My upcoming cruise was booked through a TA. If I watch the website and see a price drop can I call RC directly and get an adjustment or would I have to go through my TA?

You must call TA, very important to make sure your TA is open 7 days a week. Very important that anyone in TA's office can make a change when your TA is on a day off.

My upcoming cruise was booked through a TA. If I watch the website and see a price drop can I call RC directly and get an adjustment or would I have to go through my TA?

TA unfortunately...but lots of people do this successfully, or so I hear

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HI, We see that many posts have reported inflated prices. We got a 13 day transatlantic leaving May 4, 2014 on Indy during the 3rd and 4th free sale, on March 16th, 2014 for $465.00 per person cost each person X 2 in a 327 sq ft. Family promenade stateroom. Saw it at o' dark thirty in the early morning hours on the Royal site. We don't have the 3rd and 4th persons to go with us so just two are going. We were pleasantly surprised at the deal we got and continue to be based on all the posts of inflated prices.

You were really lucky. Normally, you have to call in to book those cabins, they won't let just two people book them. I suppose though that on a TA not that many families who need beds for six are going.

I'm interested to see if the prices go down drastically too. We are booked on a FOS short cruise over Thanksgiving and got a good deal with cabins for 12, with the kids sail free promo, but I'd rather change it to a 7-day cruise if it's not too much more.

Silly question... I'm still learning about all this stuff so I have no idea if my thought is accurate.... but if the prices drop after the sale is over wouldn't the people (who have not made final payment) be able to call and ask the price be dropped? Or do any of the 3rd/4th person free rates restrict further adjustments. I'm definitely hoping for drops eventually... sure would like to pay less than I have booked for Oct 2015. Lol I have a lot of days to make "fake bookings" to check.

If the sale ends and the prices for the 1st and 2nd person drops and you call to get the lower price, you can't just get the new prices for the 1st and 2nd pax.

You must get the new pricing for every person in the cabin, so the 3rd and 4th person would no longer be free and would probably cost you just as much if not more.

Bill

I just got off the phone with RC, BTW no wait time at this hour, and got a $23 adjustment for our trip in August. It may not be much but something is better than nothing.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Forums mobile app

I just got off the phone with RC, BTW no wait time at this hour, and got a $23 adjustment for our trip in August. It may not be much but something is better than nothing.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Forums mobile app

What phone number did you call ?

What phone number did you call ?

I call Crown & Anchor: 800-526-9723.

Edited by clarea