Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Where do you ladies find beautiful tops? I won't be taking any dresses, but would still like to have something pretty to wear. I ordered a couple of pairs of palazzo pants (recommended by a friend who cruises a lot). But, I'm not finding any "fancy" tops to go with them.

Great topic just got back from a cruise along the Pacific !

28458581791_f7453b4835_b.jpgBoho chic by Ariana Deats, on Flickr"]28458581791_f7453b4835_b.jpgBoho chic by Ariana Deats, on Flickr[/url]

I am so sorry I just can not figure out how to upload a picture here , i hosted it on imgur ! anyways Ill figure it out sorry

This was at port in Catalina Island ! Such a great place and weather. Ok ok so the picture is more about the purse than the dress but still it was perfect for the occasion I even made it myself believe it or not

My Instagram has a collection of all my cruise wear that I make and take, next trip Alaska !

Edited by Theoddportrait
trying to get Imgur to upload correct picture

Great topic just got back from a cruise along the Pacific !

I am so sorry I just can not figure out how to upload a picture here , i hosted it on imgur ! anyways Ill figure it out sorry

This was at port in Catalina Island ! Such a great place and weather. Ok ok so the picture is more about the purse than the dress but still it was perfect for the occasion I even made it myself believe it or not

If you have a flickr account, it's quite easy to upload here and should be no problem.

My Instagram has a collection of all my cruise wear that I make and take, next trip Alaska !

Would like to see specific things you took on a cruise since the instagram link looks more like advertising.

I sent this back. It was too short. However, I bought this instead. I think I have a dress problem!

ba5a7261901a8a326191ae4bbe5645d6.jpg?1436214541

Very pretty!!

Is this by any chance an Adrianna Papell dress? Though the fabric is different, the cut is almost identical to one I have by her.

Just ordered this outfit from Dillard's (under Limited items) on sale for $55.00 :D Can't wait to get it, just hope it fits, can't be returned! :eek:

04635582_zi_bright_fuchsia_cream_zpsw2cw1vlj.jpg

This came the other day & it fit's perfect! Only about 1" shows of my middle, so I'm very happy with it. Not sure when I'll wear it but glad I bought it! :D

This came the other day & it fit's perfect! Only about 1" shows of my middle, so I'm very happy with it. Not sure when I'll wear it but glad I bought it! :D

It is beautiful. You can even wear it with different colored tops, maybe green, white?.

Yes it is. I received it, had it dry cleaned and now I don't even know if I like it. It pooches oddly at my abdomen. I can't begin to describe how it drapes on me. I should take a picture and show you what I mean.

Well, I am sorry to hear that, as it is such a pretty dress. But of course, sometimes the cut is just not made for one's body proportions. I do remember doing some extensive altering of my beloved A.P. dress, but it was at the time I bought it at least one size too big, so I had some leeway to tailor it. (Now years have gone by, and I have had to let the tailoring out! :eek:)

Won't you lose the effect of the bare midriff look and if it's only an inch, won't it look like you're just wearing a top that is too short?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I have enjoyed looking through several pages of posts and seeing your lovely dresses!

I'm on the fence with wearing this first dress for a formal night. DH says he thinks it's okay, but I'm not sure. The second dress is the one I'll likely wear on the 1st formal night. I have it from my DD's wedding and would love to wear it again!

Thoughts?

INC%20dress_zpsf6hn85y0.jpg

20140226_174153%201_zpswy157fql.jpg

Hello all!

I have enjoyed looking through several pages of posts and seeing your lovely dresses!

I'm on the fence with wearing this first dress for a formal night. DH says he thinks it's okay, but I'm not sure. The second dress is the one I'll likely wear on the 1st formal night. I have it from my DD's wedding and would love to wear it again!

Thoughts?

I like both dresses. For the first formal night I would go with the second dress (full length). I think that it is more formal than the other. The top dress is very pretty, but not a true formal to me. I think it could be worn on the second formal with a shoe that is not as heavy looking. Maybe a shoe with straps?

luvsun22

I absolutely love the first dress....it will be perfect for the second dress-up evening.

I wish the CC site had a 'like' button as FB does for all the lovely dresses I have seen posted. It makes me want to go dress shopping again, but I definitely do not need another dress. Sigh***

When I get the posting figured out I may post a pic of my dress. All I keep getting are codes appearing where the pic should be.

Edited by hi2you
unsuccessful dress pic post

Hi,

Here are the dresses I wore from my last cruise, on Anthem of the Seas

The blue one was Maggy London, and the red one was Betsey Johnson.

One of the things I like about cruising is wearing these nice dresses

:)

attachment.php?attachmentid=392169&stc=1&d=1471195431

attachment.php?attachmentid=392170&stc=1&d=1471195489

Geraldine

I love both dresses. The colors look beautiful on you.

Hello all!

Thoughts?

In my opinion, there is nothing remotely "formal" about dress #1. I see it as a sun dress/garden party dress. The second dress however, is what I think of "formal."

That being said, wear either one! Wear both! No one will think you are under-dressed for either formal night in either dress. That is the beauty of modern cruising -- really, as long as you "clean up," you'll be fine! In either dress, you will look much better than many of your fellow cruisers! (Except, perhaps on Cunard? I think the first dress would not fly as "formal" on Cunard...)

Happy cruising!