Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Agree both are fab but the black one stands out somehow, its different from anything I have seen before

Thanks - I thought so as well. It is a bit sexy but not too much for this 50 yr old! And the gathering across the front hides any belly issues. LOL

Wondering if this dress would be okay for a formal night or an evening wedding?

www.kohls.com/product/prd-2355569/disneys-minnie-rocks-the-dots-a-collection-by-lauren-conrad-dot-fit-flare-dress-womens.jsp

If you love the dress and feel good in it, then wear it.

I think it's cute. Add some fancy earrings and nice shoes and go for it.

I see all sorts of dresses on cruises and at weddings. Everything from Sunday church wear to Cinderella type ball gowns.

So here's my dress for one of my formal nights. esytegu4.jpg. So what do you think. First cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that this is stunning! I realize you bought it some time ago, but may I ask where? Something like this would be perfect for an upcoming wedding.

We are sailing with RCCL in a few weeks and will have one formal night for our sailing. DH and DS will wear their new tuxedos that we bought for my nephew's black tie wedding in August. I am trying to decide which of these two dresses to wear. Both are fabrics that will travel easily and not wrinkle. The black one is lighter weight, but I am afraid it will be too dressy. It is the one I bought to wear to the wedding. The teal dress is the same style of my alternate, but my alternate is beige. What do you all think?

Set-133026-10613443-SmokeDP0403201517013239M?wid=110&hei=110&op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp

I think you can never be too dressy! Both dresses are very pretty! Wear the one that you feel best in!

Four "smart casual" nights. Whatever that means. I'm only going to dress up for three of the four nights.

25622460704_d3ce392e02_o.jpg

25622462624_32d07f894d_o.jpg

Have not decided on third dinner outfit yet.

Very cute. Love the black one! Wish I still had young legs and could wear

short dresses....thank goodness maxis are in these days LoL

Can't really have made a bad choice! You'll look great! Have a great time!

Michelle:)

Thanks! Am home today with a slight fever and so have spent the morning trying on outfits and bathing suits. Have been pleasantly surprised with how things fit - been doing 21 Day Fix this winter and seeing the results is great!

Leaving for Universal in 11 days and get on ship in 14 days - can't wait. Especially since we are having a snowstorm today!:eek:

We are sailing with RCCL in a few weeks and will have one formal night for our sailing. DH and DS will wear their new tuxedos that we bought for my nephew's black tie wedding in August. I am trying to decide which of these two dresses to wear. Both are fabrics that will travel easily and not wrinkle. The black one is lighter weight, but I am afraid it will be too dressy. It is the one I bought to wear to the wedding. The teal dress is the same style of my alternate, but my alternate is beige. What do you all think?

Set-133026-10613443-SmokeDP0403201517013239M?wid=110&hei=110&op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp

I think these are both gorgeous- but the black dress really stands out. It sounds like that's what you decided to go with. I think this will be perfect for formal night.

I think these are both gorgeous- but the black dress really stands out. It sounds like that's what you decided to go with. I think this will be perfect for formal night.

Yes, am bringing the black. It's with the seamstress right now having an alteration to the back zipper as it had a funny pucker to it. Should be ready before next week.

Hi everyone! We are going on our very first cruise next month (LOTS, 7 day Western Carribbean out of Galveston)--to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I love seeing everyone's dresses, as it's helped me to choose a formal gown for our trip and I thought I would share a picture of it here.

I'm also taking a long sleeved, knee length Navy lace sheath dress for the second formal night (I suppose some might consider that semi-formal but I think it will be sufficient).

I also have a question. I realize Tuxedos are not required. My husband has several suits for church, so he may wear his black suit and a coordinating tie to match me. A jacket for men is required for formal nights in the MDR, right?

dress1.jpg.e7cbc250c06bc7718c8d7e4521fb5fe5.jpg

Hi everyone! We are going on our very first cruise next month (LOTS, 7 day Western Carribbean out of Galveston)--to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I love seeing everyone's dresses, as it's helped me to choose a formal gown for our trip and I thought I would share a picture of it here.

I'm also taking a long sleeved, knee length Navy lace sheath dress for the second formal night (I suppose some might consider that semi-formal but I think it will be sufficient).

I also have a question. I realize Tuxedos are not required. My husband has several suits for church, so he may wear his black suit and a coordinating tie to match me. A jacket for men is required for formal nights in the MDR, right?

A jacket is not required in the MDR for formal nights. Many men just wear a nice button up shirt and tie. Mine included. LOL

A jacket is not required in the MDR for formal nights. Many men just wear a nice button up shirt and tie. Mine included. LOL

Thank you! I think he would prefer to wear a jacket when I'm in the floor length gown, but he would probably happily just wear his shirt/tie (and pants, haha!) when I"m in the knee length dress. He would wear a Tux if I can find one for him....depends on how busy the next few weeks are on whether I do or not. :)

Thank you! I think he would prefer to wear a jacket when I'm in the floor length gown, but he would probably happily just wear his shirt/tie (and pants, haha!) when I"m in the knee length dress. He would wear a Tux if I can find one for him....depends on how busy the next few weeks are on whether I do or not. :)

You can rent tuxes on board the ship for both formal nights.

$89

https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

I've sailed on Carnival, Holland and Norwegian and a jacket has never been a requirement. My husband prefers to wear a jacket, in fact as it's his only chance to wear it, he prefers to wear his tux. But I've never known it to be a requirement.