Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Hi Kathi,

Where are you going next?

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Marie,

Unfortunately, no place soon. My next cruise is the HAL World Voyage in 2018.

Your Prinsendam cruise around South America is one I want to take sometime. Are you going to report on fb?

Kathi

I have ordered 2 colouful maxi dresses for both summer and also holidays as a nice casual dress and also my old standby sparkly black dress which I love ( it has panel inserts and it swishes back and forth when I walk and I love it !!) :-)

1057936102_Dress1.jpg.d7063a921df012a4bdb232442579e150.jpg

1570024338_Dress2.jpg.5de45e31d839bae649a5308475f02e61.jpg

12274509_10207066124027076_8715361995928384821_n.jpg.a5c3eceaff9b590a1804f21cf3755617.jpg

Edited by cat_in_cda

And I am considering this for a beach cover-up because I love all the colours but have not decided yet

[ATTACH]398274[/ATTACH]

Cathy, I say go for it. What's holding you back from buying it? It is definitely the bright, happy colors that you love and the style will be flattering on you.

Lisa

Love all your choices and the colors! I'd go for the beach cover up as well...its so pretty!

Michelle:)

I have ordered 2 colouful maxi dresses for both summer and also holidays as a nice casual dress and also my old standby sparkly black dress which I love ( it has panel inserts and it swishes back and forth when I walk and I love it !!) :-)

[ATTACH]398271[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]398272[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]398273[/ATTACH]

Thank you ladies ... Dave (my husband) tells me the two 1st dresses are on their way and I have put in the order for the one I will use as a beach cover up :-)

I having been growing in my silvers over the past 2 years ( I had a health scare and decide I had enough with the amount of chemicals I was putting on my hair ) so I am finding that as my hair lightens I am drawn to lots of colour .... I am enjoying the transition ... I started going silver in my silvers but when I got sick a few years ago it just grew and grew and grew and it is much soft than my dark hair was and more wavy lol .... I told Dave let's see what it looks like once it all grows in and if I do not like it I will change it lol ... you know like getting new summer dresses lol but I am liking it ... 385799255_Silversshowing.jpg.be58cdc659a1f60dcbdc532d8df307cc.jpg

Hi Cat,

I think your hair looks nice. Wished my hair looked like that. Mine has been baby fine and super soft from day one. To get a perm to take they have to go overboard and then it doesn't even last very long. I gave that up a long time ago. I don't understand one of your comments. I'm not going silver yet, but it will happen so I would like to know what this means. Sorry to be so clueless.

........I started going silver in my silvers..[ATTACH]398313[/ATTACH]

I am understanding you are getting silver hair, but what does "in my silvers" mean? TIA

HELP! It's going to be my 21st birthday on my next cruise and I want to get something extra special to wear for the evening. I love these two dresses I've seen online but are they a bit too over the top for a cruise? :(

I love Mac Duggal dresses. I don't think they are over the top at all. You will look stunning. Have a great birthday.

Just ordered this dress in the ASOS sale. So excited to wear it!

[ATTACH]396443[/ATTACH]

Very pretty. Love the gold color.

Hi, love this thread and would greatly appreciate any advice on what to wear for New Year's Eve NCL Escape cruise to ring in "2017". Attach is a pic on RCCL formal night/Quinceanera Cruise this past summer. Thought of wearing this dress, but didn't know if it was a bit too much. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.

Aurora

Definitely not to much. It will be perfect for New Year's Eve. Have a blast.

Does anyone know why I have trouble doing multiple quotes? I will click on the multi quote button and then the regular quote button. Sometimes I can get 2 of the quotes to work or I have to try to copy and paste more quotes. Very annoying.

My fiancé and I are getting married 3 days before we leave on the Carnival Dream in September. I am considering bringing my wedding dress as one of my formal night dresses. Do you think it looks to much like a wedding dress? Would it look to much out of place on a Carnival cruise? I know they are often more casual.

image.jpg

I haven't been on Carnival, but I would say wear it. It is beautiful. Love all the lace.

I agree, it is a beautiful dress and I wouldn't change a thing.

Totally agree. Adding things to it will take away from the dress.

The dress was a bust. It had a tear along a side seam and the zipper was so sticky I thought I was going to break it trying to get the dress off. I emailed the seller with pictures of the tear and the seller refunded my money and told me to keep the dress. Unfortunately, I don't think the dress can be saved due to the unraveling of the fabric at the tear.

I've decided to just order a grey dress from Penneys. At least I can exchange it if it's too small.

I know a friend of a friend that puts stuff on eBay for the Holidays. Luckily, I get to try things on before I buy from her. I have bought a few gowns and nice cruise shirts from her. A couple of Tommy Bahama outfits for me and some Tommy Bahama shirts for hubby. I think she usually starts listing stuff towards Thanksgiving, but not 100% sure. The name is danatwo. Will have to see if she has anything up yet. We have a cruise coming up in April so I will be looking.

Could you maybe put some fabric glue on the inside of the dress to stop it from unraveling?

Here are some things you can do for a stuck zipper.

http://thekrazycouponlady.com/style/7-ways-to-fix-a-stuck-zipper/

If I buy a dress on eBay, I will only buy if there are measurements. Sizes vary so much by brands and can even vary in the same brand so just going by a size is risky. I've bought quite a few dresses and have never had to return one.

I have things in three different sizes that all fit so the actual number doesn't mean much. I am tempted to wear the smallest of those sizes with the tag on the outside.:D:D:D

That is so true about the numbers not always being the same. So hard to buy clothes like that.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Hi ReneeFLL

LOL I meant to say I started to get silvers in my 20's but I kept colouring it until the spring when I turned 49 lol

Cathie [

QUOTE=ReneeFLL;51558743]Hi Cat,

I think your hair looks nice. Wished my hair looked like that. Mine has been baby fine and super soft from day one. To get a perm to take they have to go overboard and then it doesn't even last very long. I gave that up a long time ago. I don't understand one of your comments. I'm not going silver yet, but it will happen so I would like to know what this means. Sorry to be so clueless.

I am understanding you are getting silver hair, but what does "in my silvers" mean? TIA

Hi ReneeFLL

LOL I meant to say I started to get silvers in my 20's but I kept colouring it until the spring when I turned 49 lol

Cathie [

QUOTE=ReneeFLL;51558743]Hi Cat,

Ok, that makes sense. :)

Marie,

Unfortunately, no place soon. My next cruise is the HAL World Voyage in 2018.

Your Prinsendam cruise around South America is one I want to take sometime. Are you going to report on fb?

Kathi

You will meet Don and Lily. A lovely couple, they were on the Insignia this year. We have nothing booked for 2018, but we are planning to book 2019 around the world in 180 day on Insignia. Yes, I will report my upcoming cruise on FB.

Take care and have a fantastic day

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For those of you who are my friends on Facebook, you know the story behind this picture.

For those who are not, this picture was taken in Bali. The ship had an event for around the world cruisers. We did not go. We and two other couples were invited by our friends to spend two days with them. We had our pictures taken by a famous photographer and we got to met the King. 82f72afb955aa2dc8dd90660ea4cc3d7.jpg

Edited by Porthopper101