Alaska 2015 Open

godawgs2012

I see they switched the 14 night itinerary from Amsterdam to Statendam and she'll be doing that all summer rather than switching between 7 nights and 14 nights like Amsterdam did last year and is doing again this year. We took that cruise in 2010 and I'd SO love to do it again but yes, one would hope the prices come down because at the moment ... :eek: ... but Alaska's still so popular that, IMHO, unless one books last minute, I don't see fares dropping much, if at all.

The Mariner rate for the May 03, 2014 cruise on the Westerdam is 899 (for a balcony). The published rate for the Westerdam for the May 02, 2015 is 1399 (for a balcony) - a 500/person difference! We were hoping to have all of our plans setteld by May or June of this year for next year's cruise but we may have to wait until Around this time next year if prices stay the same way they are now.

Edited by godawgs2012

Thanks for the notice!!

We just booked our favorite Rotterdam Deck aft wraparound cabin on the Noordam for the May 9, 2015 sailing.

Now we've got to wait for our friends to join us again....Diane, Lisa, Marcia....

Edited by kjw869

Thanks for the notice!!

We just booked our favorite Rotterdam Deck aft wraparound cabin on the Noordam for the May 9, 2015 sailing.

Now we've got to wait for our friends to join us again....Diane, Lisa, Marcia....

How could I forget Melodie??

If you book through Costco Travel, if you are a member you will get a OBC

We just got a 14 1/2% discount through our online TA for our Noordam cruise. This is a savings of over $700, plus we also got a small OBC. Also, only had to pay $100 PP deposit, versus HAL's $350.

I see they switched the 14 night itinerary from Amsterdam to Statendam and she'll be doing that all summer rather than switching between 7 nights and 14 nights like Amsterdam did last year and is doing again this year. We took that cruise in 2010 and I'd SO love to do it again but yes, one would hope the prices come down because at the moment ... :eek: ... but Alaska's still so popular that, IMHO, unless one books last minute, I don't see fares dropping much, if at all.

Interesting about the change of ship. We too loved that cruise in 2012 on the Amsterdam and would love to do it again. Will be hard to do a regular Alaskan itinerary now after having been on that one!

Thanks for the notice!!

How could I forget Melodie??

Boy, are you quick! :D I still need to make a final decision about 2015 cruises.

We just got a 14 1/2% discount through our online TA for our Noordam cruise. This is a savings of over $700, plus we also got a small OBC. Also, only had to pay $100 PP deposit, versus HAL's $350.

Wow! I need to get in touch with your travel agent lol.

Awesome news. Glad they are keeping it.