Island Maps

mohawk1129

When I travel I find forums that are just about the islands i travel to. This way I can try to do local stuff rather than ship's excursions.

I don't have any specific sites I know of for your islands, but google things like "Barbados forum" or something similar. They often have maps and info.

Most islands have their own bureau of tourism and have maps. And if I'm not mistaken you at the very least get a map of the port area for most maps. I don't recall if those are left in your cabin the night before along with the Fun Times, or available when you're getting off the boat.

Before a cruise, I'll look at various guide books and buy one or two for the area that has the best info and some maps. I've also googled each port and I'll find tourism sites and the site for the port and see what I can find out. Some sites will mail you a brochure, maps, etc., while just about all of these will have something you can download. We'll also go on Google maps and check out each port and see what's near the dock.

The maps that are handled out by the ship will often be less detailed (and usually featuring the stores the cruise line is trying to steer you toward) than ones you can find on your own.

The cruise we just got off of went to St. Lucia. I can highly recommend Cosol tours! The tour said it would be 5 1/2-6 hours but ours was a good 7 hours! We met right after the ship got into port and actually stopped for breakfast - more like a sampling of (eat breakfast on board.) For breakfast they had local fish cakes, johnny cakes, coconut cakes, local fruits and I can't tell you how much more. We went into the drive in volcano, place where you can take a mud bath, the Toraille waterfall where you can stand under the water, a few towns and Soufriere sort of next to the Pitons, then a boat to Jalousie beach for swimming & snorkeling. Also went to a banana plantation. At every stop we were offered soda, water and local rum punch. All this was included in the cost which you pay for at the end. Ours was $65@ but think it is going up to $75@ and that is worth it. You can contact Cosol at cosol966@hotmail.com.

Dont whatever you do rely on the rubbish little map on the back of the daily newsletter!

So many times, I have found the port shown on the map is not "quite" where the ship is docked that day! Plus, I dont know why they think the most important thing we want to know is where DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL is.. :rolleyes:

AAA has great guide books. I picked a few up at a travel show for free. Not sure if they are always free in their stores or not since I'm a member and they were also the show sponsor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

thanks to all for the info Found an e book Caribbean Carol's Worldwide Cruise Port Itinearies It is available thru amazon thru Kindle

Have the app on my iphone

Well worth the $9.99

Maps ,advise, even maps of port malls and local attractions