sky suite or aqua class please help

dwight16

Planning on going on the silhouette in jan 2015 for my honeymoon. Try to decide on a SS or aqua class been on a bunch of cruises before but first time in premium room. Need advice is blu worth the smaller room does the perks of the butler beat out blu. My gut says SS but herd amazing things about blu. Please help

I'd go with the Sky Suite for sure. We've been pleased with the MDR food and the extra space and couch in the Sky Suite are really great. The butler will bring cappuccino and afternoon goodies at a minimum.

Planning on going on the silhouette in jan 2015 for my honeymoon. Try to decide on a SS or aqua class been on a bunch of cruises before but first time in premium room. Need advice is blu worth the smaller room does the perks of the butler beat out blu. My gut says SS but herd amazing things about blu. Please help

All suite guests are allowed to eat in Blu on an availibility basis, and as most have reported here, it usually is not a problem at all.

If you go with the SS, your butler should be able to make those arrangements for you on the evenings you wish to dine in Blu.

Breakfast in Blu is really nice too! No problem at all doing that.

I have sailed twice in a RS and love the little things the butler does.

Breakfast served on the balcony complete with white tablecloth, the tea cart in the afternoon with those yummy little chicken salad sandwiches...<sigh> I think we need to check out cruises again soon!

Enjoy your honeymoon!

We love Blu, the food, the atmosphere, and the service. For your honeymoon I would chose the Suite. The room is bigger and the Butler is a nice addition. And as stated above, it is usually not a problem getting into Blu if you are in a Suite. It does depend on the time you wish to eat, and the capacity of guests in Aqua Class on your voyage, but as you are on your honeymoon, I would guess that the Butler would have some pull as long as you are flexible on dining time. It wouldn't hurt to also talk to the Matre Di in Blu. Enjoy your cruise and honeymoon. Congratulations

Sky Suite for sure.

On our Equinox transatlantic this past fall, we had no problem getting into Blu, but we usually dined in the MDR (or specialty restaurants) with friends. I was not blown away by the dinners in Blu, but breakfast was a treat most mornings. Of course, breakfast served by your butler on your suite balcony is hard to beat too.

Congratulations!

Without question as I have stayed in both try the Sky Suite! Blu is ok-not great-and as previously posters have said, you can typically dine in Blu without any problem as a suite guest. The suite has so much more room for walking and storage. In addition you get some perks including a butler and a dinner in a speciality restaurant. If you like you can also dine typically 1/2 price the first and last nights in a speciality restaurant. The aqua class stateroom is a balcony stateroom with some added items-but IMO not worth the additional fee.

Just got off the Silhouette last week and LOVED the aft Sky Suite!! Perfect for your honeymoon.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We did our 1st Sky Suite on our last Cruise after a number of Aqua Class Rooms. After our first experience in SS we were sold on it.

+ SS is larger than AQ cabin. While it may not seem like much on paper it makes a huge difference in the room. We upgraded maybe 2 weeks before cruise date and the price difference was not that much

+ No problem getting into Blue on any night. Not sure how this may change when they add the new suite resturant.

+ Were on the Reflection and had a fan tail room. The balcony might have been a little smaller that AQ mid ship room. Room locations of SS is different on Solstice vs Millennium.

+ The butler was a neat perk but didnt really utilize him all that much. He was helpful friendly and always asking if we needed anything. He did bring us breakfast in the morning. You have an expanded room service menue in suites.

+ We were sold on SS and booked 2 future cruises in them but it also depends on cost delta.

Definitely the Sky Suite, and if you can snag a corner S1 in the back then that is even better. You can usually get into Blu anyway (space available), and the other perks are so nice. For a honeymoon, I would definitely splurge on a Sky Suite if I could afford to. To me, Blu is the main draw of AQ so if you can usually get in anyway (and always at breakfast) why not go SS. The AQ rooms are the same size as regular balconies, and the spa benefits are not all that great in many people's opinions (and can be purchased onboard by the day or week if you feel the need). Bottled water and iced tea in the room? Nice but in no way a deciding factor IMHO. SS all the way.

well it looks like its a no brainer....i am going SS now just to the question of what room to get. S2 is 600 dollars cheaper for the 2 of us then the S1. what is the difference i would think its not worth the 600 bucks......please advise....

If it's in the budget get the S1 corner with the wrap around balcony. It's our cabin of choice if the price is right. It's the same size as the S2 and the same amenities so it's really a location choice. Do note that on the S class ships the S1 is on the very back of the ship and there is a very long walk to any elevator or stairs. We happen to like that, as we try to walk as much as possible and try to avoid elevators. But if mobility is an issue it's a consideration and the long walk or convenience to the action is a big deal for some. We prefer the quietness of the back of the ship. I mean, no one is congregating around there.

The S1s also have a second large round window on the side.

Our favorite is the S1 on the Penthouse deck. On Eclipse and Equinox it's 1663 or 1666. They're as high as possible but not the highest because those S1s are directly under chairs and a bar/sitting area and could potentially be noisier.

If at all possible, go for the S1 corner suite. Maybe check out a few TA's and see if you can get a good OBC.

Just had cabin 8340 on the Silhouette Loved the aft S1! Nicest sky suite we ever had. Celebrity is still offering the pick your perk option.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Just had cabin 8340 on the Silhouette Loved the aft S1! Nicest sky suite we ever had. Celebrity is still offering the pick your perk option.

Did you have enough shade on your balcony on that deck? How much of the balcony is covered? We have booked the other corner 8347 for next year.

Thanks.

Not much shade. Only a couple of feet of the balcony is covered. We had morning shade going westbound.

Thank you. Since we are on the otherside perhaps we will have afternoon shade. We booked the highest deck available except for the one partially blocked by the window cleaning machine.

All balconies get some sort of Sun, isn't that why we book them ;) ..... But when we where docked in Bermuda we had sun from morning to mid afternoon some shade from the over hang

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope. We love to sit on our balcony without the sun.

Thank you. Since we are on the otherside perhaps we will have afternoon shade. We booked the highest deck available except for the one partially blocked by the window cleaning machine.

Nope. We love to sit on our balcony without the sun.

I also prefer no sun and an elongated covered balcony- but the location of this suite was wonderful!! We ate breakfast early so the sun wasn't an issue. As an option, we had a good sized sitting area in the suite to enjoy an indoor breakfast in our suite looking out. You will love the aft sky suites! We were on deck 8 and the side window was slightly blocked- but it didn't interfer with the wonderful view or light from the cabin. The higher you go- the more likely you are to have more soot- however, your cabin attendant will clean daily .

Edited by Cruise a holic

I also prefer no sun and an elongated covered balcony- but the location of this suite was wonderful!! We ate breakfast early so the sun wasn't an issue. As an option, we had a good sized sitting area in the suite to enjoy an indoor breakfast in our suite looking out. You will love the aft sky suites! We were on deck 8 and the side window was slightly blocked- but it didn't interfer with the wonderful view or light from the cabin. The higher you go- the more likely you are to have more soot- however, your cabin attendant will clean daily .

Thank you. I feel better now. Just curious why was the side window slightly blocked? Was it the structure for the window washer machine.