Welcome back party.....

It depends on which ship you are on as to how they do it.

You will receive an invitation in your cabin and it is sometimes called the "Crown & Anchor" party. It will be in one of the large lounge areas, and they will have champagne &/or rum punch drinks available along with snacks. Usually, the Captain and officers will be there along with the Loyalty Ambassador, and they will talk about new ships, itineraries, etc.

Also sometimes they will offer a "Qustion/Answer" session and there is usually a band that plays before and after the 'speeches'.

Hope This Helps.

You need to make sure also that you have joined the crown and anchor society to get the invite as otherwise it won't come

Also make sure you list your member number on your travel booking through your ta to have that confirmed through

Enjoy

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoy going to them. You chat to some more people, you have a few nibbles and it doesn't go for all that long. You hear how many of each level of C&A are on the ship, and some other general news.

Some people don't like them. If you are there and you are not wanting to stay, just leave. You aren't locked into the venue.

The one on our second cruise on FOS was so big it was in the Arcadia Theatre!

Grab a couple of free drinks and snacks, hang out a bit and listen to the officers thank you and some music.

You can come and go as you please. I thought it was fun, but then again, I like things such as the Captain's champagne reception, etc. But if I had missed it to do something better, I would not be upset.

Oh, adding that you also get to hear of all the people on your cruise who have been on whopping numbers of cruises! It's amazing to see the Pinnacle folks with thousands of points! They get champagne and flowers and applause and the rest of us get to go, "Da*n, I'll never have that many points!" :)

Edited by HesterMofet

The ones I have been to usually have white and red wine along with the champagne. They are probably the "house" brands but it is nice to get a glass of wine to enjoy at the party and then one toward the end of the party to take to dinner with us.

Since this is going to be my 2nd RCI cruise, I know that we will be invited to the Welcome Back Party. What does this consist of? Is it worth attending?

As others of stated its held in a large venue. The Welcome Back Party we attended last year was in the Theater. They were serving Champage, Red and White Wine and other mixed drinks and snacks. The Captain and the Loyalty Ambassador gave a spiel and then you could ask questions etc.

It was a nice gesture and enjoyed the drinks and snacks.

Don't get your expectations too high though. It's not a Gala by any longshot:D Its a way for Royal to keep you "loyal" to their brand and to thank you for your loyalty.

The ones I have been to usually have white and red wine along with the champagne. They are probably the "house" brands but it is nice to get a glass of wine to enjoy at the party and then one toward the end of the party to take to dinner with us.

We're on the same page jeh4554. I also take a glass of wine with us to dinner.:D

Absolutley go :) two years ago we had passed hordourves (sp?) and we enjoyed quite a few pretty potent rum punches. It doesnt last that long and its a little perk for you to enjoy from RC. So enjoy ! Next month i will be :)

Absolutley go :) two years ago we had passed hordourves (sp?) and we enjoyed quite a few pretty potent rum punches. It doesnt last that long and its a little perk for you to enjoy from RC. So enjoy ! Next month i will be :)

Will do for sure! Thanks for the reply :). 20 more days to Ms Allure!!!!

When are these gatherings?

It varies with the ship and itinerary. One Allure in 2013 they scheduled one during our meet and mingle. I think the best one I went to was on Jewel in 2012. The senior crew was lining the hall way walking in and really seemed to make an effort to give sincere welcomes. The Captain was at this one and we were the only ones to directly what had happened that morning docking in Costa Maya. It basically involved him telling the Captain on the Disney Wonder (or was it Magic) to grow a pair. Got a great laugh.

It varies with the ship and itinerary. One Allure in 2013 they scheduled one during our meet and mingle. I think the best one I went to was on Jewel in 2012. The senior crew was lining the hall way walking in and really seemed to make an effort to give sincere welcomes. The Captain was at this one and we were the only ones to directly what had happened that morning docking in Costa Maya. It basically involved him telling the Captain on the Disney Wonder (or was it Magic) to grow a pair. Got a great laugh.

That is something my DH would really love. I will be looking out for it!