Do More Cabins on Reflection = More Crowded?

stickey_mouse

I've read a few complaints concerning the Reflection's addition of more cabins without adding more public space. For those of you that have been on Reflection, did it seem crowded to you? How about in comparison with the other Solstice-class ships?

Thanks! :)

I haven't cruised on Reflection but do like to express opinions:

More cabins equals more sea gazing from the balcony w/room service.

More cabins equals more specialty dining areas which may lighten the crowds in the MDR.

More cabins may mean a larger Martini Bar with early opening and more seating for those who like to watch the bartenders mix while they socialize.

More cabins may mean more entertainment options and less chair hogging at the pools due to more options aboard and the passengers relaxing on a balcony.

All the above is speculation. I'd book the Reflection IF it was going to ports I wanted to visit. Otherwise, only to cruise on a newer Celebrity ship.

Penny

I also have sailed it twice and did not find it any more crowded. Its slightly larger than the other Solstice class ships and that probably makes up for the additional passengers. It is a beautifully decorated ship and would sail on it again.

Reflection last Nov was our 1st S-Class sailing so we cant compare till we sail the Equinox this Nov.

That said, we never felt over crowded, packed in, ect. Well except at sail away with 60-70 Cruise Critic friends!:D

ps: the Ruby Princess in 2012 felt way more crowded.

pss: Reflection is the wifesters now favorite Ship!

Edited by wallie5446

Never felt Reflection was crowded. Our traveling companions, who are Princess fans but joined us for the itinerary, commented several times that the ship seemed under booked due to uncrowded feel. But, it was indeed fully booked!

Don't worry about it.

My wife also now considers Reflection to be her favorite. And, to be honest, so do I.

Edited by boogs

Just got off Reflection today and several times during the week commented how we couldn't believe how easy it was to get a seat in the Ocean View at peak lunch times. The lounges were pretty much the same and there was very little wait for elevators.

Agree with the others based on our Feb. 1 sailing.

No issues getting seats easily in Buffet, bars, showroom, etc.

No trouble eating (8:30-ish) in Blu, walked right in.

Some difficulty getting lounge chairs outside on sunny sea days, not impossible, just had to walk around a bit.

I wouldn't worry.

Our sailing was completely sold out. But not once did the ship feel crowded--excelent layout-- always found comfortable lounge seating by the adult pool- loved the glass enclosed adult area with pool--included with the fare, no extra charge like Princess, or fighting to be allowed in the area due to lack of space. Food was excellent wherever we ate---though we were aqua and found Blu very good. We also loved the buffet. Ship never felt crowded to us.

I've read a few complaints concerning the Reflection's addition of more cabins without adding more public space. For those of you that have been on Reflection, did it seem crowded to you? How about in comparison with the other Solstice-class ships?

Thanks! :)

I have not been on Reflection myself but my cousin has. It was her second cruise and her first on Celebrity and she was on Reflection not long after her launch. She travelled solo and so spoke to many people. She thought the ship was fine BUT if she spoke to anyone who knew other Celebrity ships, they thought that it was crowded.