Explorer in Bermuda today

flowers44

It was great to pull up the Bermuda webcam and see the Explorer tied up at the Dockyard. Let the summer cruising season start. The ships are returning to Bermuda.

Yes. I watched it as well.

Fun to watch!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I will be sailing on her on May 3 with my daughter and future sil. First time to Bermuda for all of us. Can't wait. My sister has been on Explorer to Bermuda 3 times and she just loved it.

Definitely counting the days!

Lucky to dock in Hamilton and St. George.

You will love Bermuda!!!

Have a great cruise everyone!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Lucky to dock in Hamilton and St. George.

You will love Bermuda!!!

Have a great cruise everyone!

Thanks Robin. Until we booked the cruise, we didn't realize that most ships went to the dockyard in Bermuda and couldn't dock in Hamilton and St. George. We have never really researched Bermuda, but always wanted to go. When I realized that we were right in both towns, we were thrilled. I am sure we would love Bermuda no matter which dock we were at. It does look like an awesome destination.

So this ship docks differently than NCL ships that we have been on in the past? How does this affect access to Horseshoe or other beaches?

There isn't much different for the access to the South Shore beaches whether the cruise ship docks in Hamilton or the Dockyard. You will still use a route #7 bus to get to the South Shore beaches. The biggest differences are that if you are at the Dockyard, you will board an inbound bus to go to the SS beaches; and if you are in Hamilton, you will board an outbound to go to the SS beaches.

Travel time to Horseshoe Bay from either is close to the same; but I think Hamilton is closer to HSB by about 5 minutes.

What other beach are you interested in?

SBtS

Navigator is the ship on the webcam.

Oceania Regatta will be docked in Hamilton which is not in the webcam.

~Robin

Robin -

Which webcam are you looking at? The Explorer of the Seas is at Heritage Wharf, Bermuda until 5PM ATZ DST today.

SBtS

There isn't much different for the access to the South Shore beaches whether the cruise ship docks in Hamilton or the Dockyard. You will still use a route #7 bus to get to the South Shore beaches. The biggest differences are that if you are at the Dockyard, you will board an inbound bus to go to the SS beaches; and if you are in Hamilton, you will board an outbound to go to the SS beaches.

Travel time to Horseshoe Bay from either is close to the same; but I think Hamilton is closer to HSB by about 5 minutes.

What other beach are you interested in?

SBtS

Not sure, we have done Tobacco Bay in the past but with no kids were were hoping for something different but beach has to have chairs

So this ship docks differently than NCL ships that we have been on in the past? How does this affect access to Horseshoe or other beaches?

Only the smaller ships can dock in Hamilton or St. George's. All NCL, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships that are the regular "contract" callers on Bermuda berth at the Dockyard because they're too big to dock in Hamilton or St. George's. They account for 104 of the 130 2014 Bermuda cruise ship calls. Even most of the remaining 26 ship calls are by ships too big for Hamilton or St. George's. Something like only 9 cruise ship calls will be made at Hamilton or St. George's this year.

Oh Cool! I was wondering when the ships would be returning to Bermuda again! I've been watching the webcam on and off! I'll tune in!

We'll be back on the Explorer in August! :p

The Explorer of the Seas was the first cruise ship of the season, arriving 4/7, and departing 4/8.

The 2014 Bermuda Cruise Ship Schedule is located here.

SBtS