luggage value lost our bag

We used the luggage valet service when we disembarked Indy yesterday. They apparenently "misplaced" the bag and are only offering $300 in compensation. Has anyone had experience in dealing with this before? Do you have any contacts at royal that have been helpful to you in the past in this situation? If you would prefer not to publicly post your contact, please email me to my CC user name at yahoo.

Thanks so much!!

We used the luggage valet service when we disembarked Indy yesterday. They apparenently "misplaced" the bag and are only offering $300 in compensation. Has anyone had experience in dealing with this before? Do you have any contacts at royal that have been helpful to you in the past in this situation? If you would prefer not to publicly post your contact, please email me to my CC user name at yahoo.

Thanks so much!!

The only contact information I can provide would be to call RCI at 800-256-6649 and explain your situation to them. That number typically is for items left or lost on board but that may be a start. The other option would be to call RCI at 866-562-7625 and as for the resolutions department and talk with them. However the $300 amount may be policy.

The only question would be if you can confirm who / where it was lost as the airlines also are involved and between the ship, customs, port transfer, and the airlines there are other people potentially involved with handling it. Can you determine that it never reached the airlines or was handled by them?

Good luck - I hope it is recovered.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks for the response. Royal is acknowledging that the bag did not get transferred to the airport. So we wouldn't have any recourse with the airline. We had travel insurance and some credit cards even cover lost baggage. It seems irresponsible to accept people's luggage with a maximum liability of $300. It's only been 24 hours, so we are still haning on to some hope that it will turn up. Hopefully it's just taking a ride to the western caribbean this week.

Edited by WestCoastCruiser123

Thanks for the response. Royal is acknowledging that the bag did not get transferred to the airport. So we wouldn't have any recourse with the airline. We had travel insurance and some credit cards even cover lost baggage. It seems irresponsible to accept people's luggage with a maximum liability of $300. It's only been 24 hours, so we are still haning on to some hope that it will turn up. Hopefully it's just taking a ride to the western caribbean this week.

I don't know that the $300 is policy, just suggesting it might be if that was the amount initially offered. The limits are somewhat low perhaps, but that is likely due to the fact that most people don't pack valuables in their suitcases, typically keeping those items with them in a carry on. I guess clothes have limited value. But I'm sure RCI can confirm that.

We had a situation a number of years ago where we forgot a bag at customs after leaving the ship in Puerto Rico. We called RCI, they eventually located the bag in a holding area at the port terminal and forwarded it to us a no charge.

So it sounds like the bag could be on its next cruise or perhaps somehow mixed up at the port terminal. Again, good luck.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The bag was found in Atlanta. Strange since the airline the bag's owner used doesn't even fly to Atlanta. Now just working out how to get the bag back to the intended airline for delivery to the house.

Of course, the luggage valet fee is being refunded :rolleyes:

Sounds like its been resolved. - Sisters bag went missing - never to be found again - glad it worked out and yes $300 per person is what was offered.

I agree $300 wouldnt cover much. We just bought new suitcases and they were almost 90-100$ each. I am glad they found your bag. that is always my worst fear when traveling

$300 is weak, but glad they found the bag as $300 won't replace much these days.

We always strap our bags shut (in case zipper breaks) but it also helps to identify the bag. We also take photos of our bags at the beginning of the memory card and take photos of the bags outside our room when putting out luggage. Not saying you need to do this or it would make a difference in THIS case, but having a photo of the "missing" bag with any identifying straps COULD help in the future.

Regardless, glad it is sorted out for you.