Qsine - Reserve now or wait for discounts?

nekzaadvakil

Hello. We're going to be on the Celebrity Silhouette in a couple of months and we were contemplating trying Qsine this time. at USD 45 pp, it seems slightly expensive, especially when there is so much food available for free :)

However we did hear that on some days, Celebrity does have special offers like 50% off if they do not have many reservations. Would it make more sense to wait for one of those offers, or just book now (its a holiday after all, a little splurging doesn't matter)

Have any of you'll experienced these 'offers' while on board?

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers!

Nick

I would wait, unless you want to go on a specific day for a specific occasion.

Otherwise, you can always make reservations without discount on board. I highly doubt, that they are sold for every single day prior to sailing.

50% off seems to be very limited. But we got 20% off almost all the time.

Although it is a fun and unique dining experience, I don't think it's worth the $45 charge for chain restaurant type dishes. Basically it's basic food that's been staged and served in unusual containers that makes the presentation better than the actual entrée. I received 20% off but it's not worth more than $25 pp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Iamcruzin

Never have we had an issue getting into a specialty restaurant on any Celebrity ship. We may have had to alter the time we desired by perhaps 30 minutes... but there has never been an occasion where we could not get in on the day we wanted to (and we always shoot for peak dinner times). I'd wait.

At $45, this has now entered the territory of we would not do it again unless there was a discount offered. The food is good and it's a fun time but it is NOT worth $45/pp in my opinion.

Edited by Sascol

Hello. We're going to be on the Celebrity Silhouette in a couple of months and we were contemplating trying Qsine this time. at USD 45 pp, it seems slightly expensive, especially when there is so much food available for free :)

However we did hear that on some days, Celebrity does have special offers like 50% off if they do not have many reservations. Would it make more sense to wait for one of those offers, or just book now (its a holiday after all, a little splurging doesn't matter)

Have any of you'll experienced these 'offers' while on board?

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers!

Nick

WAIT. On my 14 day cruise we ate there twice and it was never full either time. We got great discounts by booking on board and had no trouble getting the date(s) and times we wanted.

It is fun but I would not have gone twice if my traveling companions had not wanted to go. Once is enough.

Oops forgot to say we enjoyed Quisine. We meet another couple the night before and joined them. It is better to have at least 4 at your table to enjoy more different entrees. Food is good, service great, value ok. You are paying for the atmosphere and presentation. Once in a while great, we last did about three years ago where we do Tuscan each cruise.

Book now. Get the time and day you want.

When you get on board, confirm your reservation and then inquire about discounts. If you get a discount, and it's very likely you can, they will refund the difference to your on board account. Done it many, many times, no hassle at all.

When you get on board, confirm your reservation and then inquire about discounts. If you get a discount, and it's very likely you can, they will refund the difference to your on board account. Done it many, many times, no hassle at all.

Great tip! Can you cancel onboard if no discounts are on offer?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by kevinyork

I was going to say to wait, but this is great advice.

We went twice on our last cruise (14 night SE Asia). Both nights we got the day and time we wanted and the restaurant was not full to slightly full.

I loved Qsine, we had great experiences and a fantastic server that made it worth every penny.

It's safe to wait. We have eaten there twice and both times we made the earliest reservation at 6PM and had no problem getting in. By 7PM every table was full both times that we were there. It was just two of us and both times we were able to snag the window seats at 6PM but wouldn't have been able to later. On the M-class ships- there are only two tables for large groups of eight or more-- so in that case it might be best to pre-book a reservation but for parties of 4 or less... you can wait.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain