Just back from Constellation: my thoughts

akowilm

Just returned Thursday from a 5 night on the Constellation. I did not save or scan any documents or menus, nor did I remember to write down any officer names/ranks, etc....What I DID do was have a wonderful time. After reading mixed reviews over the last few months of experiences on this ship, this is what I can report:

1. The ship is still beautiful, well decorated, tasteful, easy to get around. All areas were just stunning. If she is 'showing her age' you wouldn't know unless you were just very highly critical. I sailed on the Reflection during the inaugural season, and the Connie is holding her own just fine!

2. The service in ALL areas, including all bars and restaurants was fantastic, especially in Ocean Liners, the Martini Bar and the Sunset Bar.

3. Our cabin was well kept, clean, smelled good, etc. One day I forgot something and returned to find Alberto on his hands and knees scrubbing my shower. No wonder it always glistened! Wow! The quality of sheets and bedding was excellent and I am a sheet snob.

4. Yes, you could smell roasted garlic in the hall in AQ on 11, but never in the cabins. It smelled wonderful and made us all hungry!

5. Fellow passengers were from all areas of the world, some had children, ALL were well behaved (adults included) on this 5 night trip. Many of us indulged in the beverage package, but that did not affect bar service, nor did it affect the overall demeanor of the passengers.

6. Food from the buffet was always fresh and plentiful. I had 2 lunches at Bistro that were great. We ate in Ocean Liners and most nights in BLU and were never disappointed. Traveling companions ate every night in the MDR and LOVED the food and service.

7. Great guitar player out back at Sunset each night, and the band and music in other areas was just fine. The martini bar DOES play upscale techno, just like you would hear in any nice cosmopolitan bar. It made the experience more fun for us!

We booked this exact itinerary for next year, and did it with some of the fine folks we met on this cruise. We all talked one night about everything we had ready prior to our cruise. I don't think that one sailing can be that dramatically different from the next. Were our expectations low? (No, we are seasoned X'ers). Were others (with negative comments) too high??? This sailing, as all of our other Celebrity sailings, was a great experience. Food, accommodations and service were all top notch. If you are considering this for next season, go for it! You won't be sorry!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Florida and on to the Connie on Monday. Thank you so much for your great comments about a ship we are so excited to be on. There have been quite a few really good reviews of her in the past month and all about the things we appreciate.

Thanks again,

Kristy

My review from the begin of March would sound extremely similar to yours... If I bothered to write it out. We had a great time. Rebooked for next year and decided to bring our well-behaved (because we disciple her and teach her what's expected) 9 year old. She's going to really enjoy using all the manners we've drilled in! I can hardly wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On your sailing and could not agree more - LOVED it!! I was a bit leery after the negative reviews but it was wonderful! Had never thought I would enjoy Blu that much and now will have a tough time NOT being in Blu. Ship was lovely!

So glad to hear you had a great time. It is so nice to see people that are so positive about their cruise experiences. Yes, sometimes things are not perfect for everyone ....but if you look for the good in things, sometimes good things come your way. :)

How great to read such a wonderful and well stated review from a happy cruiser! I can´t wait to board Infinity in two weeks- so I can see fopr myself if X is still up to it, after my X- break of 1,5 years!! !

Even more glad to go, because it was not sure I could sail at all- after some buisness glitches! Everything turned out good and is sorted out! ! ! So I am back on board!

Thanks for the kind comments!

I encountered the kids club on several different days, and on one day, the were all dressed like pirates marching through the buffet (afternoon...it was almost empty) on the way to ice cream and the counselors said as we passed, "what do we say to the lovely lady?" The ALL in unison replied, "ooh la la"!!!!!!! It was a moment of absolute hilarity and sweetness at the same time!

On to a more detailed talk of.....FOOD!

1. Escargot! YAY!!

2. Tableside lobster at Ocean Liners

3. Tuscan white bean soup in BLU.

4. Crème Brulee every night

5. Filets in BLU

6. BURGERS from the Mast grill (AS usual, WOW)

7. ANYTHING from Bistro

8. Fresh made waffles with real whipped cream, berry compote and maple.

9. Omega 3 shakes from room service to get you up and going.

10. Al Bacio, all coffee treats and pastries!!

11. Sunset Bar Banana Bailey's Coladas

12. Jalscotinis from the Martini Bar.

If you have any questions about food from the various menus, just ask!

How great to read such a wonderful and well stated review from a happy cruiser! I can´t wait to board Infinity in two weeks- so I can see fopr myself if X is still up to it, after my X- break of 1,5 years!! !

Even more glad to go, because it was not sure I could sail at all- after some buisness glitches! Everything turned out good and is sorted out! ! ! So I am back on board!

Thank you, Germancruiser and Cruise Raider! It was easy to find the good, it was everywhere! We also have the Summit booked in January, but I am SO excited to return to the Connie! It was an all-around JOB WELL DONE by this Captain and crew!

Wilm,

You made the review complete. Thanks for posting. :)

I had never tried them in the past, but I did this sailing because of you!! I will have one every sailing from now on! :) Thanks for the best tip ever!!!

So glad to hear you had a great time. It is so nice to see people that are so positive about their cruise experiences. Yes, sometimes things are not perfect for everyone ....but if you look for the good in things, sometimes good things come your way. :)

So so TRUE!

Nice review akowilm! We were on the sailing prior to yours and couldn't agree more! We booked for next year on Reflection, but I am trying to figure out how to get back to Connie before that!

I had never tried them in the past, but I did this sailing because of you!! I will have one every sailing from now on! :) Thanks for the best tip ever!!!

I am so glad I FINALLY was of some help. :D

Thanks! Like, Gecko, we are leaving for FLL in the morning and boarding on Monday. I'm really looking forward to it and always try to take these reviews with a grain of salt. I really do believe attitude makes a big difference in terms of your experience. Want to find faults? You will… and you will have a miserable time. Want to focus on the good? You will… and you can overlook a couple of minor things and have a great time. We always try to do the latter.

I'll be back soon (hopefully not TOO soon) with a trip report of my own!!!

Thanks for the nice review. We are sailing on the 19th and really looking forward to being on the Connie - we have not sailed on her - we were on the Millenium a number of years ago - but the rest of our Celebrity cruises have been on Century, Mercury, Zenith, Meridian, and Eclipse. We love the size of the M Class and will probably book another 5 day with Celebrity in the fall.

So glad you had such a good time!