I have the important allure answers!!!

Ok, I'd try one just for the experience. It looks good, and messy. :)

Is it only in Rhode Island? I'm going to NYC in May, can you get them there?

They're sold at restaurants called New York Systems but I'm told by my New York friends that there is nothing like them sold in New York. I've never see meat like this sold anywhere else. They're thinner thank regular dogs but they're outstanding.

1edd9e9d-9d16-43dc-a60e-4b7f71dea9e7_zps6a763715.jpg

Edited by Big_G

They're sold at restaurants called New York Systems but I'm told by my New York friends that there is nothing like them sold in New York. I've never see meat like this sold anywhere else. They're thinner thank regular dogs but they're outstanding.

1edd9e9d-9d16-43dc-a60e-4b7f71dea9e7_zps6a763715.jpg

Thanks for the good info Greg. I will have to investigate while in NYC. Sounds like a trip to Rhode Island might need to happen one day to experience a real gagger.

Andrew

Weird. I was on the allures 3/30-4/6 sailing and there were plenty of limes. However, there was the occasional window at the pool bars limes were unavailable. But this window was for a few hours once or twice.

Don't believe the hype folks. They might be limiting like uses but there are certainly limes aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just off the Oasis 2 days ago and not a single lime to be seen anywhere! Garnished drinks with lemon and then when those were running low oranges! I'm not kidding! One martini came with what looked like a lime twist -wrong - it was an unripe, green lemon.

There's a lime shortage and they are very expensive right now - it was all over the national news two weeks ago.

Good news is we survived without a single Moscow Mule all week

Edited by 3mmm

Just off the Oasis 2 days ago and not a single lime to be seen anywhere! Garnished drinks with lemon and then when those were running low oranges! I'm not kidding! One martini came with what looked like a lime twist -wrong - it was an unripe, green lemon.

There's a lime shortage and they are very expensive right now - it was all over the national news two weeks ago.

Good news is we survived without a single Moscow Mule all week

I'm well aware of the shortage. I'm sorry your cruise wasn't as lush with limes as mine was.

Hello!!!

For those of you who just got off the Allure....Hope you had an awesome time!?!

We will be on it in 4 Days!!!!!.....Can't wait!!!!

So who was the HeadLiner Show?

Also what 3D Movies were shown and what movies were playing at the Aqua Theater at night?

How was the weather?

Thanks Again!!

Hope you guys have reviews up soon!!!!...Can't wait!!!

OB, no way. Really? :eek: I like them, but in my books you can't beat a great sausage with sauerkraut and mustard.

Just curious do you dip them in ketchup or mustard, or just the way they are? When I eat them, I have them plain.

Plain for me, too.

Hello!!!

For those of you who just got off the Allure....Hope you had an awesome time!?!

We will be on it in 4 Days!!!!!.....Can't wait!!!!

So who was the HeadLiner Show?

Also what 3D Movies were shown and what movies were playing at the Aqua Theater at night?

How was the weather?

Thanks Again!!

Hope you guys have reviews up soon!!!!...Can't wait!!!

Our headliner was Jeff Tracta and he was outstanding. He is an impersonator and very skilled at that (although his Edith Bunker and Ray Ramono could be improved).

They showed Gravity and Peabody and Sherman in 3D, but we were told Captain America - The Winter Soldier was replacing Gravity next week (which is now this week). In the Aqua theater there was Saving Mr Banks, Grown Ups 2 and I think a showing of the Croods, or whatever that one was called. There might of been another, but I forget.

There was a restaurant question - I would book a second night of the Samba Grill, DW and I could make a dinner out of the salad bar alone. Remember to say hi to Albert, he is one of the servers bringing on the meat and is friendly and helpful.

I'll get to the compasses as quick as I can, working on a serious health problem with my father that may delay my being able to post everything I want to.

Dolby1000

Weird. I was on the allures 3/30-4/6 sailing and there were plenty of limes. However, there was the occasional window at the pool bars limes were unavailable. But this window was for a few hours once or twice.

Don't believe the hype folks. They might be limiting like uses but there are certainly limes aboard.

Just off Grandeur, they also had limes the whole cruise....K.O...:)

Did anyone recently off allure with a drinks package have to sign each slip after getting a drink?

yes. the only exception was for the occasional bottle of water, which bar tenders simply handed over, but that was less than 10% of the time. but anything with booze in it was signed for.

This is making me hungry for lunch and I didn't even pack one today.:p

Catching up on this thread makes me hungry so I think I'll go get a little snack of 3 weiners (gaggers, NY System) with the works (mustard, onions, meat sauce made of hamburger and secret spices, and to top it off celery salt.

I can remember the days when I was a short order cook at a place that sold these. I would line 12 to 18 steamed buns with weiners up my arm from my finger tips. Then add the mustard, next the sauce, followed by the onions, and then the celery salt. No longer can they do that. Now they have little trays to line them up. Me I think the arm experience added a little spice!!!!:D:);):p

Edited by redcrown

Also just off Allure yesterday. Had premium drink package. Had a drink at many of the bars onboard. Limes were only available with my drinks in the Main Dining Room.

Sounds like amount available changes from week to week.

From what I've read it's due to drug war in Mexico.

Originally the problem was flooding and disease, but as lime prices soared the cartels saw an opportunity to make some money and got involved. Of course, you can also trace the problem back to Hurricane Andrew, which wiped out the lime trees in Florida and led us to get 95% of our limes from Mexico.