I have the important allure answers!!!

Just off the Allure yesterday (review coming, those take time), and I can confidently report:

There are no limes. They don't expect any limes. The Bartenders are ecstatic over no limes because making a fresh Mojito takes too much time.

There are no afternoon nachos in the Wipeout Cafe. Looked in everyday around 4 or so and only saw the standard dogs, pretzel dogs (hey, those are pretty good) burgers and salad.

Please remember I am the messenger of this news. :)

Dolby1000

There are no limes. They don't expect any limes. The Bartenders are ecstatic over no limes because making a fresh Mojito takes too much time.

What is being used in place of fresh limes? At best, I hope lime juice. At worst, lemons!

Edited by comxkid

Unfortuantely most ships don't have limes and my favorite drink is mojito's...last cruise two months ago they were making mojito's with lemons yuck.

I do have a few questions I ask everybody since everybody has different opinions and suggestions/advice if you don't mind:

1- Did you find the cabin to get warm during your sleep at night?

2- When the cabin steward cleans your room and leaves, does he/she shut off the main switch for all the electric to go off?

3- What types of lunch food do they have in the windjammer (hot meat entrees)?

Did you do any specialty dining and if so how was it?

Are there coffee pots in the stateroom?

Thank you, looking forward to the review can't wait and thank you.

Just off the Allure yesterday (review coming, those take time), and I can confidently report:

There are no afternoon nachos in the Wipeout Cafe. Looked in everyday around 4 or so and only saw the standard dogs, pretzel dogs (hey, those are pretty good) burgers and salad.

Please remember I am the messenger of this news. :)

Dolby1000

How extremely disappointing, oh well a lack of limes and nacho chips won't ruin my vacation.

If you had a drink package, did you have to sign the slips for each drink?

Weird. I was on the allures 3/30-4/6 sailing and there were plenty of limes. However, there was the occasional window at the pool bars limes were unavailable. But this window was for a few hours once or twice.

Don't believe the hype folks. They might be limiting like uses but there are certainly limes aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can I bring my own limes? If so do I have to bring enough for the whole ship ;)

I hope it is just that one place. I love mojitos, lemon just sounds gross :(

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Unfortuantely most ships don't have limes and my favorite drink is mojito's...last cruise two months ago they were making mojito's with lemons yuck.

According to the Bartender, they won't even try to make Mojito's without limes, and IMHO, that would be a right decision. We didn't drink anything else that required limes, so I can't give a better answer. The Bartender said they sometimes get limes in Cozumel, but not always. I didn't see any after we departed there.

I do have a few questions I ask everybody since everybody has different opinions and suggestions/advice if you don't mind:

1- Did you find the cabin to get warm during your sleep at night? - In our cabin the temperature controls worked very well, we could have it cool or warm, depending on how we felt.

2- When the cabin steward cleans your room and leaves, does he/she shut off the main switch for all the electric to go off? - No, I was powering up my Kindle and other items, actually, I had/have no idea they could do that.

3- What types of lunch food do they have in the windjammer (hot meat entrees)? Never set foot in there, morning, noon or night.

Did you do any specialty dining and if so how was it? - Truly enjoyed Samba, Giovanni's and Chops, we brought the 3 dinner package and had great experiences (say HI to Albert in the Samba Grill, he was great)

Are there coffee pots in the stateroom? - Yes, with Seattle's Best coffee. We don't drink coffee, so we didn't use it so I can't tell you how good or bad it was.

Dolby1000

Okay, I have an important question. Did you sail the western route and if so, did you bring back your compasses...and if you did, would you be willing to scan and post them?

Yes, I know that's a lot of questions; I'm a planner and would like to have an idea of what is going on that I won't want to miss, so I can schedule the shows around all the fun stuff!!

Thanks for humoring me; I'm in training to take advantage of my drink package...who knows I may not even have a clue of what's going on around me! :)

Also just off Allure yesterday. Had premium drink package. Had a drink at many of the bars onboard. Limes were only available with my drinks in the Main Dining Room.

Sounds like amount available changes from week to week.

From what I've read it's due to drug war in Mexico.

1- Did you find the cabin to get warm during your sleep at night?

2- When the cabin steward cleans your room and leaves, does he/she shut off the main switch for all the electric to go off?

3- What types of lunch food do they have in the windjammer (hot meat entrees)?

Did you do any specialty dining and if so how was it?

Are there coffee pots in the stateroom?

Adjust the temp to cool the cabin down. Can make it quite cold.

Our attendant didn't turn off main switch. He would leave the bathroom light on with door closed.

No coffee pots in staterooms. Room service is complimentary. I highly recommend it! We ordered room service for breakfast each day and a pot of coffee was delivered each morning. Can't beat sitting on the balcony drinking coffee.

Dolby1000

I just read that you had Seattles Best in your Stateroom. I don't remember ever seeing a coffee maker in my stateroom, but it's quite possible it was there and I never noticed it. I'm all about my morning room service and the carafe of coffee.

Edited by Obx_1974

Dobly thank you. We have 2 nights Chops, 2 nights Giovanni's and 1 night Samba grill booked (we didn't choose the package), we are thinking of adding one more night which restaurant would you suggest going to another evening?

obx- Ok I will definitely order breakfast, I can't recall whether we can get a hot breakfast (ham, eggs, bacon) or was it just fruit (I have to be gluten and dairy free), I been on too many cruises and cruise lines I can't recall lol.

We have D5 balcony cabin wondering if there are coffee makers in that room?

I don't think gagger meat is exceptable anywhere but Rhode Island but Allure does have a passable sausage sangwich. :D

Ok that's it. I am heading to Olneyville now to get 6 with the works and a coffee milk!!!!!:D

Edited by redcrown

So do I. I like them better than any of the options that they have in the Dog House on the Boardwalk.

OB, no way. Really? :eek: I like them, but in my books you can't beat a great sausage with sauerkraut and mustard.

Just curious do you dip them in ketchup or mustard, or just the way they are? When I eat them, I have them plain.

Of course since their are no gaggers at the Dog House!!!!:D

I don't think gagger meat is exceptable anywhere but Rhode Island but Allure does have a passable sausage sangwich. :D

Ok guys, what is a gagger?

Thanks so much for posting upon your return from Allure. Really looking forward to your review.

Perhaps you can answer this question for us - we will be sailing on Allure in December. Do you recall any of the details regarding the Dining Package for the Specialty Restaurants? How many/and which restaurants were included?

Thanks,

Sandie