Fast or Slow Computers?

marco

Not really a cruise question, but: I'm not very knowledgeable about computers, but.......sometimes when I'm on CC I can go from topic to topic and it's almost instant. Sometimes it takes 15 seconds or so. I know, I know, 15 seconds isn't exactly an eternity, but when you're clicking from thread to thread, it seems like it. Anyway...is it these Boards, CC, my computer, my provider? Why sometimes is it REALLY fast and other times REALLY slow? Also, I intentionally edited so I could time how long it took from hitting "submit" to when it actually did, and add it. It was 12 seconds.

Edited by marco

all of the above can play a factor.

number of open windows, what is running on each window, the download and upload speeds at any give time, all these and more can futz with page loading.

the more people trying to access the same site/page at once, the slower it will be. hell my speeds slow down the minute DH comes home from work and he gets on the interweb himself. and it's just the two of us.

The biggest difference I have found on CC is when they are backing up the database - it crawls along for a few minutes and then is back to normal. As others have said, there are many variables - your internet provider/type of connection is probably the main one.